Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce

I have not read the article but could not believe the Lakers would be considering this.  I have to say, Paul in a Lakers uniform would be a head explosion for the trolls here who would instantaneously become Pierce followers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am sorry I couldn't take it.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Lmao this sure is funny. There's no way the Lakers would take Pierce as not only is he the most despised person in the Laker Nation but unless the Celtics are prepared to take Luke Walton and change for Pierce, it would never happen.

Seriously ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe we could swap CPP for Fish and MetaWP.

That might make things a lot more palatable to the squeamish amongst us.

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Trading Pierce only if an unbelievable offer comes through, and never to the Fakers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Lakers are last in 3 pt FG percentage, so much rather trade Ray & JON for Gasol's 16 pts & 10 rebs a game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good post! Three reasons why it might make sense:

1. the recent play of Pietrius

2. it would give PP a shot at going home to win a title

3. if Pau Gasol is sulking (after the Lakers tried to trade him a few months ago), it would help clear the air in LA's locker room

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

What the Laker fans are saying:

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-45177.html#568470

Some seriously funny things said!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce:
    [QUOTE]Good post! Three reasons why it might make sense: 1. the recent play of Pietrius 2. it would give PP a shot at going home to win a title   3. if Pau Gasol is sulking (after the Lakers tried to trade him a few months ago), it would help clear the air in LA's locker room
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Gasol is owed 38 mil for next year and the following. I do not think DA would want that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

LOL at you silly dreamers.
    No way would LA trade Pau for Pierce.
    They need a pg more then anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce : Gasol is owed 38 mil for next year and the following. I do not think DA would want that.      
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Yes, picks and cap space are our assets at the moment - no short term fixes aka ML Carr era

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers are not trading Kobe or Bynum, so the only left besides the trade exception is Pau Gasol, who I personally think is very underrated by Boston fans. http://www.celticslife.com/2012/01/lakers-trying-to-trade-for-paul-pierce.html Paul Pierce for Pau Gasol? Yes!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Gasol for Pierce? Done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]LOL at you silly dreamers. No way would LA trade Pau for Pierce. They need a pg more then anything.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Thought they needed a shooter (other than Kobe) as well as the flexibilty (expiring contracts & trade exemptions) to go after DH more than anything?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Since we are speculating, what about a 3-team deal. Pau to Hawks, two 1st round picks (2012 and 2013) to C's, and PP to LA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce : Thought they needed a shooter (other than Kobe) as well as the flexibilty (expiring contracts & trade exemptions) to go after DH more than anything?
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

No, they need a point guard.
    LA won't be under the cap until Kobe's contract is over.
    They can only get DH via a trade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]Since we are speculating, what about a 3-team deal. Pau to Hawks, two 1st round picks (2012 and 2013) to C's, and PP to LA.
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Boston has to take back salary.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]Since we are speculating, what about a 3-team deal. Pau to Hawks, two 1st round picks (2012 and 2013) to C's, and PP to LA.
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

With three 1st Rd picks in 2012 & two in 2013 as well as our luck in the lottery, I just don't trust DA's drafting enough lately to make the right choices for the future of the franchise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good point mtrax! I am not sure who I would want via trade from the Hawks roster?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce : With three 1st Rd picks in 2012 & two in 2013 as well as our luck in the lottery, I just don't trust DA's drafting enough lately to make the right choices for the future of the franchise.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

So. We contend again in 2017?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Miami Heat PA announcer keeps yelling "Lebron James" at the arena right now. Lakers really wished they had Paul Pierce tonight.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

DA may well be wishing for Pau Gasol very soon also... I agree, though I love Paul Pierce, this team NEEDS a Pau Gasol or Odom even...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Nobody trades Gasol For Pierce. Pretty much a no Brainer to give you Gasol at C, KG PF, Ray SG, Pietrus SF and Rondo PG. It makes to much sense to even remotely happen and doesn't improve the lakers. 

Sections
Shortcuts