Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce

In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce:
    In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce : Actually it takes effect the start of the 2013 season (Gasols last year) ... /> Starting in 2013-14, teams more than $4 million above the tax level cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade transaction <
    Posted by Mployee8

Sorry, aren't we saying the same thing?  If Gasol has 3 years left, counting this year, then the sign and trade is only good for next year!  That would be the first two years of the new CBA.  Also, this is 2011 - 2012, right?  SOOOOO, starting in the 2013-2014 year is the year AFTER next, isn't it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

This thread is a joke.
    LA is not trading for Pierce or giving up any of their main peices before they address their pg problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce : Agreed, but Ray Allen for Gasol, YES.
    Posted by DeweyCBoston

Heck, yes. We really need a skilled big man playing like a big man. Who else are we going to get? DH? Don' think so. Hoping that one of those picks is it? Probably not. I agree the salary is big but we'll have the cash.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce:
    The Lakers are not trading Kobe or Bynum, so the only left besides the trade exception is Pau Gasol, who I personally think is very underrated by Boston fans. http://www.celticslife.com/2012/01/lakers-trying-to-trade-for-paul-pierce.html Paul Pierce for Pau Gasol? Yes!
    Posted by Fiercest34

No matter what happens with trades, etc. the most important thing is to lose as much as humanly possible.....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm not tying our cap with bad contracts unless we can pull a couple of deals that make us viable contenders this year and next few. We go into next year with options and pieces of a good team We've been snake bitten early so I think we finish better than started. I don't make a deal just so we can be a 4,5,6 instead of a 8. I'd rather lose out and have a shot at#1-5 than have a couple of bad contracts and a # 18-21 pick and little cap room going forward. Even if we did win it this year it will always be an "asterick" championship so any deals would have to benefit more in the future than now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce : Don't take it personally. Gasol is 3 years younger and he's considered the most skilled big man in the NBA. This trade helps both teams. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Now what was that you were saying, about " i would never trade Pierce for Gasol"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

why would the lakers trade one of the better 7 footers in the league for a shell of the former nba players known as paul pierce? what logic would be there to do that? why not go all out and give orlando the offer they've been holding out for... paul pierce for dwight howard!
    Posted by ricky12684

That shell has been pretty shiny the last 4-5 games.

Sections
Shortcuts