Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

The Los Angeles Lakers are currently valued as the second most valuable franchise behind the Knicks, that's only because of their economic power base, but are without peers when it comes to the GREATEST NBA franchise. Having contended for titles every decade (unlike boston lmao) their consistency, popularity, conference titles, most playoff wins, most playoff appearances are what has made the Los Angeles Lakers the greatest

A big thank you to Dr Buss for continuing an amazing record!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

Thanks Jimmy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Laker nation,

To be the best in anything a sports league is to win the title the most..Not get to the finals..or win a back to back..

a team who has been the best under the umbrella of the league is the best....

The celtics own you in bball...The canadians own in hockey....The steelers in football...I hate to say it but the yanks in baseball...

When you have won the most you are the best...Not best in a era..because what wins..

Being called champ!!

Not being the first loser!!!!

a loser if first or 32 is still a LOSER!!!!!!

Theres only one champ

And no points for 2nd place..

PS: boston for having a metro pop of 400k OWNES LA..boston has better bball, better baseball, hockey, football....

thanks for playing..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Moderators - please move this to Around the NBA, as it does not pertain to the Celtics!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]Moderators - please move this to Around the NBA, as it does not pertain to the Celtics!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Actually it does, it concludes boston is the second greatest NBA franchise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Jimmy!
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Mike Brown will do for them what Rick Pitino did for us.  This is a mistake of such gargantuan proportions that NO ONE is talking about it.  Did anyone notice that?  I know there is a lockout - but stil.........koME is so thrilled, we wants to play in Turkey!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/23/laid-off-lakers-employees-not-going-quietly/
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/kobe-wants-to-pass-jordan-on-all-time-scoring-list/

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/16/not-to-put-too-fine-a-point-out-but-this-lockout-could-really-doom-the-magic/

Im sure this sounds very enticing to mr. Howard

Leaving one dysfunctional franchise for another???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/23/laid-off-lakers-employees-not-going-quietly/ http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/kobe-wants-to-pass-jordan-on-all-time-scoring-list/ http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/16/not-to-put-too-fine-a-point-out-but-this-lockout-could-really-doom-the-magic/ Im sure this sounds very enticing to mr. Howard Leaving one dysfunctional franchise for another???
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

DH joining the Lakers.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D229ILpvC2o

Thanks for playing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

3 suckups from espn don't count.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]3 suckups from espn don't count.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

3 more suck-ups than you can find for boston huh.

Thanks for playing!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/23/laid-off-lakers-employees-not-going-quietly/ http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/kobe-wants-to-pass-jordan-on-all-time-scoring-list/ http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/16/not-to-put-too-fine-a-point-out-but-this-lockout-could-really-doom-the-magic/ Im sure this sounds very enticing to mr. Howard Leaving one dysfunctional franchise for another???
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

There are 3 possible ways a player can join another team:
    1.  Free Agency - Howard has said he wants to play out the string and become a Free Agent.....in which case the lakers are O-U-T since they are so far over the cap.  And DH will NOT play for MLE!!
    2.  Traded at trade deadline - Otis (my man) Smith could trade his Center at the trade deadline this year, provided we have a season.  This is an indication that he has given up hope for the year and is rebuilding.  He is trying to get something for Howard, to rebuild.  Think there is ANY team out there that can do better than Andrew Bynum straight up?  I do, and then he goes to, say HOU, for the rest of the year, THEN becomes a FA.......go back now to scenario 1.
    3.  Traded in the off-season.  Smith has said he will listen to offers for DH in the off-season, if we have one.  The team will almost definitely have to take Arenas  or Turkoglu's contract.  LA COULD do it, but would have to give up Bynum AND ODOM as well as Blake and maybe Walton.  Still think the Magic can do better.

Basically, the longer the lockout goes, the LESS chance he ends up in LA.  They are too tied down with long-term contracts, and have little to trade other than Bynum (who ThanksDad Buss said he won't trade).  I think all basketball-educated people will agree on this.  A player can SAY where he wants to play (or in the case of Johnny Damon, where he'll NEVER play), but the player clearly doesn't understand the economics of the situation.  Carmelo should never have ended up in NY.  The only reason he did was because once they didn't get MeBron or Wade, they had enough cap space to take him on.  If the Knicks get Wade and Stoudemire, Carmelo is still in DEN.  Plain and simple.  The Celtics have a much, much, MUCH better shot at DH than the lakers do.,.......sometimes I wish the lockout would last just so the idiot lakers fans could come to grips with this.  I am not saying we get him, I think he stays in ORL, but from a money standpoint, the lakers have less than a 25 % chance to get him.  They should be focusing on Paul, anyway!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

17>16
    {$lang_emotions_tongue-out}

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I got a post from a friend telling me that I should take you off ignore for this one pal......are you freaking kidding me....?  Ali won his titles and became a star during the same time frame that Red and Russ dominated the league and established their dynasty!!!!

to answer your question....

Ali = Celtics

Klitschko = Lakers

....just how young/dumb are you pal..........?

This is just too funny.....your team needs to beat us 6 times in a row just to become our equal in head to head competition...my young friend, do you realize you are down 3-9....?

Your team holds the record for championship losses with a very pedestrian 16-15 Finals record (.516)....looking at it from an LA standpoint the record is 11-15 (.423)...

The Celtics are 17-4...(.809).....along with that 9-3 advantage head to head...

really......are you serious....?  ....I think you are too young to be on this board.....post back but you are back on ignore....of course I see your posts when someone cuts & pastes (and you think we are following your posts...?  ...again...how old are you...?)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Muhammad Ali had 56 wins as a pro, he's generally considered the greatest heavyweight of all time. Wladimir Klitschko also has 56 wins (at this time) and will likely pass Ali in the win column some time. Does that make Klitschko greater than Ali??? Answer: No. Not even close! Same with boston, you're titles came predominantly in the 60s when the league was but a mere 8 teams. Thanks for playing.....owned!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

You mean like how 7 of your championships came in Minnesota???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]I got a post from a friend telling me that I should take you off ignore for this one pal......are you freaking kidding me....?  Ali won his titles and became a star during the same time frame that Red and Russ dominated the league and established their dynasty!!!! to answer your question.... Ali = Celtics Klitschko = Lakers ....just how young/dumb are you pal..........? This is just too funny.....your team needs to beat us 6 times in a row just to become our equal in head to head competition...my young friend, do you realize you are down 3-9....? Your team holds the record for championship losses with a very pedestrian 16-15 Finals record (.516)....looking at it from an LA standpoint the record is 11-15 (.423)... The Celtics are 17-4...(.809).....along with that 9-3 advantage head to head... really......are you serious....?  ....I think you are too young to be on this board.....post back but you are back on ignore....of course I see your posts when someone cuts & pastes (and you think we are following your posts...?  ...again...how old are you...?)
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

You forgot one SMALL thing dukey....boxing is still the same today as it was back in the 60s. Two guys get in a ring and attempt to beat each other. That's it! Nothing changed.

Now let me take it slow for ya....

Basketball has changed massively. We don't have 8 teams in the NBA like the 60s. We have a 3pt shot unlike the 60s. We have a global talent base unlike the 60s. We have an expanded regular season and playoff series unlike the 60s. We have free agency and salary cap that bears no resemblance to the 60s. The NBA game and league has changed incredibly and that's why it's the successful product it is...unlike the 60s.

That's why Ali's record is relevant today and why bostons record in the 60s is demeaned because boxing has barely changed, basketball is infinitely different.

Thanks for playing and no need to thank me for schooling ya.

BTW, glad to see you still enjoy reading my posts, but again don't thank me for it!

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Also, I personally tallied the votes from the Andromeda Galaxy, and they're definitely pro-Bobcats :/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

On the bright side, Kobe can always go fishing in countries like the Philippines and China after the Lakers get eliminated in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

At least we don't have to live in L.A.

I'd rather slit my wrists than live anywhere in SoCal

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I got a post from a friend telling me that I should take you off ignore for this one pal......are you freaking kidding me....?  Ali won his titles and became a star during the same time frame that Red and Russ dominated the league and established their dynasty!!!! to answer your question.... Ali = Celtics Klitschko = Lakers ....just how young/dumb are you pal..........? This is just too funny.....your team needs to beat us 6 times in a row just to become our equal in head to head competition...my young friend, do you realize you are down 3-9....? Your team holds the record for championship losses with a very pedestrian 16-15 Finals record (.516)....looking at it from an LA standpoint the record is 11-15 (.423)... The Celtics are 17-4...(.809).....along with that 9-3 advantage head to head... really......are you serious....?  ....I think you are too young to be on this board.....post back but you are back on ignore....of course I see your posts when someone cuts & pastes (and you think we are following your posts...?  ...again...how old are you...?)
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

The fact this guy I've never heard of has 56 wins just goes to show how watered down boxing has become.  Just like everything else.  Ali would be great, Jim Brown would be great, Russ would be great - is he trying to say that Pete Rose is better than Ty Cobb?  Or Barry Bonds better than Hank Aaron?  PUHLEEZE!!  The greats are the greats, and the Celtics with Russ would dominate today as they did back then.  Period.  End of statement.  You can stay, Duke......they will go away soon.  At 15 years old, how much material can he have??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

the Martians prefer the Golden State Warriors - they told me themselves

seriously, does this thread really exist?

we really need the lockouts to end or else all of Boston.com will turn into a Manning/Brady/Patriots/Jets/Colts/Celtics/Lakers/Pierce/Kobe/Russell p*ssing contest

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

View Image   Too much time on my hands, let the season begin for god sake!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakernation,

These sports writers who grew up fans say the teams are the best..

Theres one simple way..

Its how many times was the team the best..in the league....

Theres no points for second place...

Rings matter..

the league matters...not holliger or i love lakers or whatever writer...

there not the nba...

and celtics 17 ..lakers 16......thats the nba............you or i and nothing else sports related is above it...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

What trolling-nation32 is trying to say is the Lakers win if it's a popularity contest. But as we all know, Al Gore won the popular vote and GW Bush won the election. Just like the Celtics still leading the title count 17-16. Cool 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdrury. Show rdrury's posts

Calm down, everybody.  It's a joke.  Nobody with enough brains to log on to a computer could think the Lakers are the best franchise, so it's obviously a joke.  It's probably Paul Pierce or Doc's kid, trying to shake the summer-lockout doldrums.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]Usually they throw in the towel, I guess for the Lakers throwing the jersey is better when you're about to get swept.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts