Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

The heres what this means was my part.......and the reality.....

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    Majicmvp, son do you know sports!!!! guess not let me school you.... 1. In regards to the nfl. Go on anything nfl related..The thing which is used to pick the best team is SB'S won. In the NFL they do not list NFL or AFL title wins above SB'S. The SB is what the league uses when it merged. The only title which matters in the nfl is the SB. The nfl does not say on the same line. Steelers with sb wins and other wins...ITS JUST THE SB...THATS IT..... Remember son, im going by the league and not what a sports writer wishes or the size of the city and the title together. ITS THE LEAGUE..that matters..The nfl merged and for since the BOWL HAS BEEN USED. that is the mechanism. Look on the site, and the sb gets preference... SO ON THAT POINT YOUR OWNED... 2. The nbdl or nbl did not go right away into the nba. The nba started as a stand alone business not involved with past versions. Who are you to judge an era?..YOUR NOT THE LEAGUE...The league doesnt follow you. I DONT GO BY YOUR jurassic and modern...THE LEAGUE doesnt value titles. I ll do what the league says...NOT what you thing. Because its the NBA..and a title won is a title won. IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN.. you cant judge time. sports leagues didnt just appear when you wanted it. If it wasnt for russell and wilt THERE WOULD BE NO NBA....You cant judge the past for not having internet and twitter. YOUR saying that you can judge time when you say jurassic and modern. YOU dont have the smarts to say that. The league started when it did. The nba title is the same. BECAUSE THE LEAGUE SAYS SO... not some sports writer or internet junkys rules.....THE NBA MAKES THE CALL..and its most rings won...... Not most rings won before 1877 on tuesday but not after 3 pm. YOU Trolls have to know your role and just stop...
    Posted by DoctorCO

From the official NFL site (look at the p. 663):

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/history/pdfs/Records/Postseason_Recs_2011.pdf

Most Seasons League Champion
    13 Green Bay, 1929-1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961-62,
    1965-67, 1996, 2010
    9 Chi. Bears, 1921, 1932-33, 1940-41, 1943, 1946,
    1963, 1985
    7 N.Y. Giants, 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990,

Most Consecutive Seasons League Champions
    3 Green Bay 1929-31
       Green Bay 1965-67

From the Packers official site (not yet updated with the 2010 championship):
    http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2010mediaguide_records.pdf#page=19

Most Seasons, League Champion
    *12  1929-31, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961-62, 1965-67, 1996

Pro football reference:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

Now, you say "anything related to the NFL"? Maybe you think you are the NFL, but to us real fans, you are not...

And I think you have a gem here:

"you cant judge time. sports leagues didnt just appear when you wanted it. If it wasnt for russell and wilt (Halas, Lambeau, Hutson, Baugh, Thorpe, etc.) THERE WOULD BE NO NBA (NFL)....You cant judge the past for not having internet and twitter. YOUR saying that you can judge time when you say jurassic and modern. YOU dont have the smarts to say that. The league started when it did. The nba (nfl) title is the same. BECAUSE THE LEAGUE SAYS SO..."

I know, you don't recognize the Jurassic era of the NFL, even the league officially says that they won 13 titles. Good for you for seeing the lights finally. That's right, the Jurassic era is nothing to write home about. So the Steelers are the best team in league HISTORY. I can't agree more. The only titles that matter are the era since Magic/Bird...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Let the Laker fan try to enjoy their dreamland. We in Boston will enjoy looking at our 7 championships in the last decade plus 3 NCAA Hockey championships.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsnut4. Show sportsnut4's posts

You mention how the Celts won most of their titles with an 8 team league.......uh, when the Lakers played in Minnesota (should have changed the name with the relocation to La La Land........not too many lakes in LA) they won 5 titles in the late 40's and early fifties.  So don't talk through both sides of your mouth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    I stayed up late and I find out that I'm getting credit for giving the Lakers their 17th championship. * First we got Fierce recognizing the Lakers' championship in the NBL (1947-48), giving them 17.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yep, thanks to you for recognizing the Lakers's 1947-48 NBL season. Your post on
    6/22/2011, 1:07PM -

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a629a8a2b-85aa-48d5-92e7-2b7b97f9afef&plckCurrentPage=2

Season 1947-48: Minneapolis Lakers (NBL)

Who won the 1947-48 NBL title?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

You mention how the Celts won most of their titles with an 8 team league.......uh, when the Lakers played in Minnesota (should have changed the name with the relocation to La La Land........not too many lakes in LA) they won 5 titles in the late 40's and early fifties.  So don't talk through both sides of your mouth.
    Posted by sportsnut4

Yep, that's why I said the Jurassic era shouldn't count. The NBA's golden era started with Magic and Bird, or the modern era started with the NBA/ABA merger in 1976-77.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Too bad NBL championships don't count as an NBA championship.  But you can still tell all your Laker buddies that Fierce34 said the Lakers have 17 championships.  
    Posted by Fiercest34

Doesn't matter, as long as you count it. That's good enough.

And all your Celtics buddies know that you are campaigning for the Lakers...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Don't understand AT ALL why my posts were deleted!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's really so sad that no matter how hard Majic campaigns for the Lakers, the Lakers are still 1 short of 17.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Go, man, go!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

The Lakers are universally.....

The best runner up in NBA history losing 15 times in the Finals.

The Celtics doormat 9-3 in the Finals

The best 2nd rate team in the NBA. WTG making those Minny titles mean something.

The only team that has a superstar that belongs in Prison.

The 2nd best NBA title IE they do not have 17 titles.

Next!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Majjic MVP,

WOW...LOL..you really are off heres why...

your little link showed WHAT....And WHAT DID I SAY...THE SB was LISTED WHAT.....oh YEA FIRST....not the afl or nfl or what ever title....THE LEAGUE does not combine titles...They say SB wins and nfl titles......THATS what your link says.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

MAJIC MVP,

What DOES THIS SAY BELOW YOU....BOTH TITLES DONT COUNT TOGETHER....The titles are listed separate..........Thats what the league says ....They bring up past titles like a bonus....BECAUSE THEY WERNT THE NFL AS WE KNOW IT LEAGUE...with a SB that brings you a champ.........

YOUR LINK MADE MY POINT......THE SB...MATTERS MORE......

After the merger, the Super Bowl became the NFL's championship game.
    Since there is this has .

The number in the parentheses is the total number of Super Bowl championships and the bolded number in parentheses is the total number of league championships.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

ok majjic mvp,

IN THE NBA...was there a merger to the scale of the nfl and afl???....NOPE................There was the merger of the aba...but there team winners DONT COUNT..........

THE NBA from 19 WHAT ever when it was the nba..........a champ is a champ..THE LEAGUE RECOIGNIZES that..the nfl doesnt put both titles together...they LIST TITLES SEPARATE....

so was there a merger in the nba????????? like what we saw in football??...Nope...so the hollinger league isnt in affect..

Let me educate you on a merger...and what a merger means....

Mergers and acquisitions (abbreviated M&A) refers to the aspect of corporate strategy, corporate finance and management dealing with the buying, selling, dividing and combining of different companies and similar entities that can aid, finance, or help an enterprise grow rapidly in its sector or location of origin or a new field or new location without creating a subsidiary, other child entity or using a joint venture. The distinction between a "merger" and an "acquisition" has become increasingly blurred in various respects (particularly in terms of the ultimate economic outcome), although it has not completely disappeared in all situations.

Contents

[hide]

When you merge...the past doesnt take precidence because there numbers are fixed...WE WILL NEVER SEE A AFL CHAMP or a ABA CHAMP...Thats why those titles are bonus titles to the SB..Which is in precident because the number can change BECAUSE THERES A COMPETITION..

your owned!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

majjic mvp,

you really are slow....

heres why..again...

you posted league titles???? you posted division titles?????

then you sent me a link to the nfl record telling me when the SB started.....

RIGHT THERE IS MY POINT.......

after a merger....the SB is the one that counts because the competiiton is there...The afl title...is gone..that is not going to change...

the SB ERA because the leagues MERGED..is what matters...

When the NBA merges...and lets say buys every league in europe and they call the title majjicmvp doesnt know sports title...I will follow that..

but to make the example of the nba WHO NEVER HAD A BIG MERGER LIKE football is really bad...

the afl vs nfl isnt the aba..WE ALL KNOW THAT

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : What? I counted it? As far as I'm concerned the Lakers have ZERO championships in 2011.  And you're right, I'm campaigning for the Lakers TO LOSE!
    Posted by Fiercest34

As far as I'm concerned, your attempt to play dumb won't get you off the hook.

"it" == "Season 1947-48: Minneapolis Lakers (NBL)"

Your own words.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Majjic MVP, WOW...LOL..you really are off heres why... your little link showed WHAT....And WHAT DID I SAY...THE SB was LISTED WHAT.....oh YEA FIRST....not the afl or nfl or what ever title....THE LEAGUE does not combine titles...They say SB wins and nfl titles......THATS what your link says.....
    Posted by DoctorCO

Not a chance. You think you can distort what the NFL posted in their site?

13 Green Bay, 1929-1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961-62, 1965-67, 1996, 2010
    9 Chi. Bears, 1921, 1932-33, 1940-41, 1943, 1946, 1963, 1985
    7 N.Y. Giants, 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007

3 Green Bay 1929-31
       Green Bay 1965-67

Keep dragging, but you still can't get off the hook. The league does not combine titles? Do you understand what "League Champions" mean?

Do you think the NFL started in 1966?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

MAJIC MVP, What DOES THIS SAY BELOW YOU....BOTH TITLES DONT COUNT TOGETHER....The titles are listed separate..........

13 Green Bay, 1929-1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961-62, 1965-67, 1996, 2010
    9 Chi. Bears, 1921, 1932-33, 1940-41, 1943, 1946, 1963, 1985
    7 N.Y. Giants, 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007

3 Green Bay 1929-31
       Green Bay 1965-67

List separate? Then what does "League Champions" mean to you?

BECAUSE THEY WERNT THE NFL AS WE KNOW IT LEAGUE...with a SB that brings you a champ......... YOUR LINK MADE MY POINT......THE SB...MATTERS MORE......

Please stop your ignorance here. You are showing us more and more you have no clue about the NFL.

"Most Seasons League Champion"

It's a fact that the NFL counts the pre-SB champs, whether you like that fact or not.

Of course, I like your "The SB....MATTERS MORE". That's why I said the championship since the Golden era (Bird/Magic) MATTERS MORE than the bush league championships in the Russell era.

After the merger, the Super Bowl became the NFL's championship game. Since there is this has . The number in the parentheses is the total number of Super Bowl championships and the bolded number in parentheses is the total number of league championships.)  
    Posted by DoctorCO

What parenthesis? I only see

13 Green Bay
    9 Chi. Bears
    7 New York Giants

Yep, keep imagining that there are parethesis. But I like your "SB ... MATTERS MORE". It's what matters that counts, not the # championships...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

It's really so sad that no matter how hard Majic campaigns for the Lakers, the Lakers are still 1 short of 17.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Not according your own words:

"Season 1947-48: Minneapolis Lakers (NBL)"

You can't count the Lakers' 1947-48 season without counting their championship. You are awarded "honorary Lakers campaigner" for bringing that up...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

majjic mvp, you really are slow.... heres why..again... you posted league titles???? you posted division titles????? then you sent me a link to the nfl record telling me when the SB started..... RIGHT THERE IS MY POINT....... after a merger....the SB is the one that counts because the competiiton is there...The afl title...is gone..that is not going to change... the SB ERA because the leagues MERGED..is what matters... When the NBA merges...and lets say buys every league in europe and they call the title majjicmvp doesnt know sports title...I will follow that.. but to make the example of the nba WHO NEVER HAD A BIG MERGER LIKE football is really bad... the afl vs nfl isnt the aba..WE ALL KNOW THAT
    Posted by DoctorCO

You know you are in denial, but you can't get off the hook here.

After the merger? before the merger? it doesn't matter. The NFL counts all NFL titles BEFORE AND AFTER the merger. That's why you get 13 for GB. Sure, you simply want to erase all the championships before 1965 because you listed the Steelers as the one owning the NFL.  The most probable explanation is that you are young and have no clue on NFL history. And it's not everyday knowledge even to football fans that the Packers have 13, because no one cares about the Jurassic age championships. But do you think I'll let you  off the hook by these lame excuses like

"what does the NFL list first?"
    "the afl title is gone"?

or BS like that? who cares about AFL titles? We are talking about NFL champions here.

By listing the Steelers, you count "WHAT MATTERS". That's all I need from you to disregard the 13 championships the Celtics won in the bush league era as "not matter". You know you screwed up and get fully exploited. Ask your buddies here, I am here to catch these little things. That's why Hedley and Fierce are mad...

YOU HAVE NO WAY TO GET OFF THE HOOK.

Sections
Shortcuts