Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

you know what hasn't even been disussed yet....? ....if the Lakers were to win it all next year (and not play the Celtics for the title...) ....they would finally tie us for the most titles......so the next point to discuss would be....why did it take the Lakers 11 more trips to the Finals to finally tie Boston?  .....and what to do about Boston's 9-3 advantage over the Lakers in the Finals...?  ....not to mention the superior record head to head during the regular season all time....for the Lakers to ever pass the Celtics as the all time best....well, they sure as hell have a lot to overcome.....think about that....Boston's reign as the greatest franchise of all time will probably never be equalled....at least not in our lifetimes....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Back to back in Boston:

1986, 2008

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Laker nation acting like monkeys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

BACK
    TO BACK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Down town traffic control at bostons last back to back!

LA's 2010 parade of champions!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

That's why traffic is bad in LA.

We BEAT LA 131-92 for our #17.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Laker nation in 2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

THE NBA SAYS 17 to 16....

ThATS WHATS COUNTS..

NOT THE BACK TO BACK LEAGUE...

OR THE HBA..

the nba...................IS word

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Puerto Rico Los Fakers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

How boston watched its last back to back:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]How boston watched its last back to back: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

did someone say kubedrulz is gone.....? well, that's a start then.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

School started so the wedgies, the swirlies and the fun of being stuffed in a locker awaits him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

http://www.robertxgillis.com/?p=159

Sorry to say it happens in every city and in Boston is no different.
    Just keeping you honest...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqwt81wiN4

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Magic Johnson at the last Lakers back to back:

Larry Bird at the celtics last back to back:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]did someone say kubedrulz is gone.....? well, that's a start then.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Boston crowd control at their last back to back:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Majic, your main point in this discussion seems to be that the Lakers have gone to the finals more often....the problem in your scenario is that these teams played in different conferences...they didn't play each other to determine which team got to the finals....the East has historically been the stronger conference.....therefore there is no way to compare both teams each year to determine the better team....other than the regular season record on a year by year basis....Boston has a nice lead in that department.... also, you say that you aren't concerned about the pre shot clock era because it was a competitive pro league.....you do know that the lane was 3 feet wide right? ....Big George could virtually stand under the basket (actually within 18 inches from either side of the rim)....he got the ball in low and scored..he was the dominant big man at the time....to try to prevent this teams could virtually "stall" for minutes on end.....this is why teams could score 18 points and win....this is also why a total of six shots could be taken during six overtimes......the league finally widened the lane to make it more competitive and then had to add the shot clock to save the game....big George could no longer play and retired at 31....the Lakers would go almost 20 years before winning a title under the new rules that brought in the modern NBA... when all is said and done all we really have is Boston vs Minneapolis/Los Angeles...you can really only compare them head to head to determine the better team (unlike the Yankees and Red Sox who historically had to beat one another each year to get to the big show).... and regular season/playoffs......take your pick....the Celtics win both match ups and it isn't close...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    Duke, your repetitions don't mean the truth. The East historically been stronger conference only because of the Celtics. In other words, your argument doesn't fly if you use that as the reason that the Celtics were blocked for making more finals. You use the same argument again and again, I'll use the same rebuttal again and again. And you aren't going anywhere.

And if you have the nerve to use conference strength (east vs west) as an excuse, then I can easily use league strength (pre-golden era vs after golden era) to downplay the Celtics' 17. So what's new?

And your claim on the game changed after the shot clock? I don't give a hsit. I would rather claim on when the league is a big-time operation vs a bush league operation. And that would be more appropriate to compare the leagues.

And why do you want to compare them head to head? Why does head to head matter when your team missed the playoffs 16 times to avoid losing to the Lakers. You mean you are bragging on this ostrich act?

The Lakers' 3-9 vs the Celtics would be a much bigger achievement than going 16-9 vs the Celtics. Why? because the Lakers won the other 13 championships over teams much better than the Celtics. Had they won the championships in 2000 and 2001 over the playoff-missing Celtics, that would have been a farce!!! So head-to-head don't mean jack. You are rewarding your team's wimping out in the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]THE NBA SAYS 17 to 16.... ThATS WHATS COUNTS.. NOT THE BACK TO BACK LEAGUE... OR THE HBA.. the nba...................IS word
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

Fierce said:

Franchise History:

Season 1947-48: Minneapolis Lakers (NBL)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Got links, research - your opinion means nothing!!  As you have no proof, this is game, set and match for me - your speculation bores me - show me a link!!  I've given you two - one of them twice - "Gasol was brought in to replace Kwame Brown."  (a center).  Whether they planned to use him in 2009 at PF is (and understand this very carefully) NOT RELEVANT to this discussion.  He was acquired in 2008 to play CENTER in 2008 - that was, is and always will be my point - which I have proven - no one cares what you think until you supply DATA to back up your opinions!!!!!!!!!! Bye!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    And you have no proof either. Better beg hard for my concession on game, set, match...

1) 2nd in the division means nothing since it's not a divsiion playoff format.

2) your feeble proof that "they had to do somthing once Bynum got injured" is laughable. What you get is

if A then B

then you use it as proof of if !A then !B. Anyone who studies simple logic knows that your education in logic has a lot to improve...

And so your proof is enough to refute that a 6th seed would not have tried to upgrade the team? No matter how hard you try, you still aren't going anywhere.

And I bet you'll crawl back to this argument within 3 weeks, even though you think you are ignoring me, that I'll cut you some slack with this nonsense "no Gasol if Bynum not injured". You have absolutely no chance to get off the hook...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Doesn't say "bush league" anywhere.  And "golden era" in the article refers to when it took off monetarily.  The way YOU defined "golden era" is the LEAGUE wasn't relevant until Bird/Magic.  That is NOT what the article says...........and I've read similar things about Wilt vs Russell - another rivalry for the ages.  "Golden era" means all the games meant something, were meaningful, players got paid more, and more people started watching.  Doesn't mean that the league was irrelevant before that - sorry, you lose.......again!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Don't care a bit what it means, you said

"Doesen't say "bush league" or "Golden era" anywhere in either article."

That's a lie. So you confess:

"And "golden era" in the article refers to when it took off monetarily.  "

So both articles did actually mentioned "golden era". You are a liar...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe MajicMVP is really taking it seriously, I mean telling everybody the Lakers have 17 championships because Fierce said so! Ha Ha MajicMVP: The Lakers have 17 championships. Friends of Majic: Really? MajicMVP: Yes, really. Fierce said so. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Fierce, keep laughing.

Franchise History:

Season 1947-48: Minneapolis Lakers (NBL)

It's your own words. And you have no way to get off the hook...

Sections
Shortcuts