Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

also flobius,

start playing if. look at donnagee exposing the nba refs..and making one ref retire..did that affect or not affect the nba..

If he said it or not...

or if kobe was traded to la..

of reggie lewis didnt die....

and your weak thought....the celtics win titles every 21 years...because it happend once its normal...

thats far fetched hec worse than if. theres no data besides one time which backed you up.

While the lakers havent won presant tiles without a riley or a jackson...Whos to say they can win won without...because they haven won one now..years..1992 to 2000 can prove it..

8 vs. 21 thats still an amount of time..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]So flobus, What makes If different than 21 years happening once... you know both variables are far fetched.. and to judge a worse thing thats farfetched? thats weak.... So the anti celtic argument is ok...of they only win titles every 21 or so years. when it happened once.. While with la...the last 30 years la titles have only been won by 2 coaches...Why cant we say a coach not named riley or jackson cant win..because for an amount of time that was true.... or are you going to judge time again
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]
    You are the one that is making up fairytales with "what ifs". Like I said, we could both do that all day and there would be no point in it. Trying to somehow belittle the successes of the Lakers with such a ridiculous statement just sounds desperate.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]I find it funny there are only 6 posts in my thread. Why because there is no debate. Celtics are better period.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Actually it's because you're boring and without the Laker fans this site would be defunct. Feel free to chat at the Laker Nation or Lakers Topbuzz site. We don't discriminate against those who support green, despite them being no#2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I'll take Boston for the simple reason that every single title was played in the shot clock (modern) era.....Laker fans are entitled to be proud of all 16 titles no matter where they were won (although I still think that waiting over 40 years to acknowledge the Minny titles with one banner was confusing to say the least)...

prior to the shot clock the Lakers lost a game by the score of 18-17...

the Royals played a game that went six overtimes....there was a total of one shot taken in each overtime.....I can't even comprehend watching that for more than a few minutes.....no wonder the league was going under...

George Mikan played on a broken leg because the team could wait for him to hobble up court and then feed him the ball under the basket....the lane was three feet wide at the time...it was expanded to twelve feet the following year so Big George couldn't plant himself next to the basket (quote from "the Book of Basketball")....his scoring average and FGP decreased....when they instituted the shot clock he could no longer play the new game....he was out of basketball at age 31...

Boston has won 17 titles playing the game as it is pretty much still played today....in my opinion that counts for a lot.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I wonder why my true but innocuous comment was deleted!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

[QUOTE]If beantown starts planning they should have a great street parade in 2030!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

LMAO - With that much time to plan, it could and should be one of the greatest parades EVER!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Kobe Rulz,

The next faker laker parade will be in....

2010 + 30....= 2040...

So when the lakers next win in 2040...

LA is going to set the world on fire

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

flobus,

The lakers are taking an if..20 years too.......

and thats ok..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE] Boston has won 17 titles playing the game as it is pretty much still played today....in my opinion that counts for a lot.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

So boston won the majority of it's titles with more than an 9 team league, 82 game season, 4 rounds in the playoffs, international player base, 3pt shot, free agency etc etc etc. Really? They had that in the 60s? Wow, tell you what post vids where all these took place in the 60s and I'm out of this board, Good luck with that!

Thanks for playing!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

laker nation 32,

ITS THE NBA REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU SPIN IT!!!!!!

THE NBA HAVE NOT CHANGED THERE TITLES DUE TO TIME...

YOU CANT JUDGE TIME....

SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS SOMETHING IS WORSE WHEN IT HASNT EVOLVED!!!

LIFE IS EVOLUTION..

AND YOU CANT PICK OR SAY YOUR BETTER THAN EVOLUTION!!

THE LEAGUE DIDNT APPEAR when THE FAKERS WON...

THE LEAGUE APPEARED WHEN IT DID...

ITS THE NBA..

NOT HOLLINGERS LEAGUE...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

440 posts on this Laker titled thread. Just proves that the Lakers are universally acclaimed as the NBA's greatest franchise, even in beantown. Cool

oh yeah, my post makes it 441.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

This makes 443 posts on this thread. This is just more proof of the Lakers being universally acclaimed as the NBA's greatest franchise as even in beantown, the locals can't stop talking about them. I'm just sayin' Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]flobus, The lakers are taking an if..20 years too....... and thats ok..
    Maybe its me that is confused by what you are saying - where is the "if" in the Celtics 22 years between titles? Isn't that fact? 

I am not out to taunt Celtics fan here, just trying to point out the ridiculous nature of your original statement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Flobus, 99.9% of what DoctorCO writes is ridiculous. It is obvious that he is a Celtics fan losing debate after debate to us Laker fans. As is life. Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Half of these posts are by Tayshawn - has he changed anyone's mind yet?  Personally, I haven't read one, but between him and crying-nation, they "own" this thread......how about we kill it, and don't humor them any longer.  They will NEVER change my mind....how 'bout you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Flobus, 99.9% of what DoctorCO writes is ridiculous. It is obvious that he is a Celtics fan losing debate after debate to us Laker fans. As is life.
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

Never a truer word posted!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Lakernation,

1. What debate...

2. 17 to 16 boston....

3. Its the nba not hollingers league...

4. What else...your owned son...

5. YOU showed us ugly chicks in boston...I showed you ugly chicks in la...

6. YOU claim LA has the best fans..I showed you that gq or a big groupe of people dissagreed with you...

7. THE CELTICS HAVE THE MOST RINGS IN THE NBA...AND PRO SPORTS HISTORY!!

1-7 all true...

What are your talking points...

1. The league is called the HBA not the nba..named after john hollinger...is there a hba.com????
    2. The nba qualifies titles and weigts different titles?...Where does it say it on there website or league office?...
    3. The league does not not count boston just because the won titles..and say when la wins a title it means 2 for la..and when boston wins its -6 rings for boston..
    4. The nba started in the 80's....
    5. And that you can judge time and evolution....

1-5 ALL PROVEN WRONG BY ME...If your think your right....Then have fun with the voices in your head..

Thanks for playing..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

koberulz,

Talk....Whats talk...

talk about titles...

and its 17-16

THANKS FOR PLAYING

BOSTON WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Lakernation, 1. What debate... 2. 17 to 16 boston....[/QUOTE]
    Not when you only counted what matters, like you counted the SB only NFL.

[QUOTE] 3. Its the nba not hollingers league... [/QUOTE]
    It's the NFL, not the SB only NFL.

[QUOTE]7. THE CELTICS HAVE THE MOST RINGS IN THE NBA...AND PRO SPORTS HISTORY!! 1-7 all true... [/QUOTE]
    Rings alone are not enough. Ask your cohort RedRuss. There are human (subjective) factors that count, that's why Red is better than Phil...

Celtic fans here have already refuted (2), (3), and (7)...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]majjic mvp, Heres the evidence...on why the past titles ARE DEFUNKED in the nfl...And you think I created it???...Really...lololololololololololo.................... Its off wiki....

In Wiki, the NFL of yesteryears (before 1965) was considered the current system, not the defunked system. So where was it said defunked?

You are hooked but have no way to get out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]The number in the parentheses is the total number of Super Bowl championships and the bolded number in parentheses is the total number of league championships.)     WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!! THEN...I think your silence is defening...AND IT SHOWS THAT YOUR OWNED..  [/QUOTE]
    What does that mean? it means the BOLD NUMBER IN PARENTHESIS IS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!

The Packers have 13. You are hooked.

[QUOTE]
    But then Different people started a different league...BECAUSE WHAT DOES IT SAY WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE LAKERS...16 titles...THE NBA looks at 16..titles...THE NBA NEVER HAD AFFILIATION WITH the nbl......   AND YOUR OWNED....   [/QUOTE]
    Umm.. That you have to talk to Fierce. He's the one that counted the NBL. If you have beef, go to the source.

[QUOTE]
      SO WHEN YOU LEAVE A LEAGUE..YOU DONT BRING YOUR TITLE WITH YOU AND SAY YOU ALLREADY WON IN THE OTHER LEAGUE....   YOUR OWNED...   [/QUOTE]
    Fierce, do you see that? your cohort is trying to school you. What do you say?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]majjic mvp, Where are you boy!!! you count a league where BOSTON HAD NO REPRESENTATION!!!! Along with the fact that the LAKERS LEFT... BEfore the league merged...And WHat happenes when leagues merge the past titles become defunked.. accoding to you..theres a south usa...because the civil war never happened and you count both countries.. according to you nissan does not excist datsun does... thats what you say when you dont count mergers... your so owned...I love owning you..think about that when you are in the fields...

Says who? Not according to the NFL. So you think you can makes things up out of thin air and lie in this forum?

No chance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Majjic mvp, from the laker website Lakers Season-by-Season Records Los Angeles Lakers (NBA, 1961-2011) - 11 Championships and 47 Playoff Appearances Minneapolis Lakers (NBA/BAA, 1949-1960) - 5 Championships and 11 Playoff Appearance SO WHERE DOES IT SAY 17 TITLES??????..... http://www.nba.com/lakers/historynba/year_by_year.html So are you saying the lakers website lies???? Like my posts of finding out the afl title is defunked!!! hey bro go to school and start learing sports your so owned

Can't help you there. Your fellow fans was campaining for the Lakers:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a629a8a2b-85aa-48d5-92e7-2b7b97f9afef&plckCurrentPage=2

Franchise History:

Season 1947-48: Minneapolis Lakers (NBL)

Do you have the nerve to school Fierce? that's interesting...

Sections
Shortcuts