Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

17 for the Lakers fell face first on the ground in 2011.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Looks like they're going to need a broom to sweep Kobe off the floor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

More than half way to 1,000 post on this thread, thus proving that everyone including celtic fans cannot get enough of talking about the NBA's universally acclaimed greatest franchise. Gotta love it!!!

GO LAKERS!!!

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    flobus, YOUR still an internet troll!!! Cheers!!!
    Posted by DoctorCO

And you still have not written a coherent post to date.

Cheers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise : Got links, research - your opinion means nothing!!  As you have no proof, this is game, set and match for me - your speculation bores me - show me a link!!  I've given you two - one of them twice - "Gasol was brought in to replace Kwame Brown."  (a center).  Whether they planned to use him in 2009 at PF is (and understand this very carefully) NOT RELEVANT to this discussion.  He was acquired in 2008 to play CENTER in 2008 - that was, is and always will be my point - which I have proven - no one cares what you think until you supply DATA to back up your opinions!!!!!!!!!! Bye!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

How is your whole "if Bynum wasn't hurt they wouldn't have traded for Gasol" any different from any other ridiculous "what if"? Like I've said, how is it any different from someone stating "if the Celtics don't trade for Garnett they wouldn't have won in 08"? It isn't. The point here is it doesn't matter because the "if" never happened. The Lakers got Gasol and the Celtics won in 08.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Flobus - LMAO

DoctorCO is either so frustrated that he cannot type properly, or he is just not that smart.  Maybe both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Majic, your main point in this discussion seems to be that the Lakers have gone to the finals more often....the problem in your scenario is that these teams played in different conferences...they didn't play each other to determine which team got to the finals....the East has historically been the stronger conference.....therefore there is no way to compare both teams each year to determine the better team....other than the regular season record on a year by year basis....Boston has a nice lead in that department.... also, you say that you aren't concerned about the pre shot clock era because it was a competitive pro league.....you do know that the lane was 3 feet wide right? ....Big George could virtually stand under the basket (actually within 18 inches from either side of the rim)....he got the ball in low and scored..he was the dominant big man at the time....to try to prevent this teams could virtually "stall" for minutes on end.....this is why teams could score 18 points and win....this is also why a total of six shots could be taken during six overtimes......the league finally widened the lane to make it more competitive and then had to add the shot clock to save the game....big George could no longer play and retired at 31....the Lakers would go almost 20 years before winning a title under the new rules that brought in the modern NBA... when all is said and done all we really have is Boston vs Minneapolis/Los Angeles...you can really only compare them head to head to determine the better team (unlike the Yankees and Red Sox who historically had to beat one another each year to get to the big show).... and regular season/playoffs......take your pick....the Celtics win both match ups and it isn't close...
    Posted by Duke4

We both need to have our heads examined for even starting up with this guy.  I'm done, I hope. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

MAjjic mvp,

1. So when I showed you the post that the lakers left the NBL for another league...According to you they can count there title they left as a title won..really....So oylimpic titles count as nba titles....league titles count as finals titles...really...????..NOw whos talking slow now.....In regards to fierce...HE IS WRONG...SOmeone like you or I or him dont have power to make league policy...........

2. So when the Leagues WEBSITE..says a team has 16 rings are they lying??...I showed you the laker website...THEY HAVE 16 rings??..Is that wrong?? are you challenging the nba??...THE NBA LISTS it!!!!!!

3. So you dont care what a merger means....WOW...according to you mergers dont matter and thats a silent word...And that when teams win the SB...THEY say this is there what ever SB win..............NOT there combined titles won......

4. My quotes were not for the championship season...THERE were for the past titles.....

5. Heres the evidence....
    HERE IS THE QUOTE..AFTER THE MERGER..AND AFTER THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP THAT WAS AROUND FOR 4 YEARS

Super Bowl Championship (1966 – present)

(The creation of Super Bowl was the first sign of AFL-NFL merger. The first four Super Bowls served as intra-league championship games because of these intra-league championship games this created some confusion amongst football fans that there was an special World Championship series in the pre-merger era. After the merger, the Super Bowl became the NFL's championship game.Since there is this has .

The number in the parentheses is the total number of Super Bowl championships and the bolded number in parentheses is the total number of league championships.)

After the merger, the Super Bowl became the NFL's championship game.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN...THE sb...is the TITLE GAME!!!! NOT A COMBINED TITLE....SB AND WHAT EVER

THAT WAS FROM AFTER THE 4 YEAR WC GAME...

So I hope you can come around to reality...

HERES THE 4 year WC. game thing...THIS WAS BEFORE THE SB ERA....

here you go read and weep...

AFL Championship Game and NFL Championship Game (1966–1969)

(In 1966, NFL and AFL agreed to merge and play an ultimate championship game between the two leagues entitled NFL-AFL World Championship game. The merger however didn't formally take place until 1970, because of this the NFL-AFL championship games unofficially became an additional qualifying round in the playoffs as there was still one more game to play in the season for the winner of the AFL-NFL championship games. Officially these games were still main championship in both leagues but with creation of NFL-AFL World Championship game that eventually would be known as Super Bowl. Inclusion of these eight AFL-NFL Championship games is problematical in overall listing of Most World Championships/league championships, therefore they are generally not included in the overall records.[6][7][8][9][10][11]

After the merger the AFL-NFL Championship games were replaced/retooled as/with AFC Championship game and NFC Championship game.'

Since these AFL-NFL Championships are generally not included in overall World Championship/league Championship list, because of this there are no number given in parentheses counting them

AND for good measure.....

and fierce..sorry your wrong....

HERE IS THE CELTICS vs. LAKERS...AND wiki its right..and you guys..the nbl or baa title...DOES NOT COUNT....HERES WHY..

The Los Angeles Lakers franchise has a long and storied history, predating the formation of the National Basketball Association (NBA).

Founded in 1947, the Lakers are one of the NBA's most famous and successful franchises. As of summer 2010, the Lakers hold the all-time records for wins (3,027), winning percentage (61.9%), and NBA Finals appearances (31). The Lakers have won 1 NBL title and 16 BAA/NBA titles. They are second in NBA championships only to the Boston Celtics, who have won 17 NBA titles. Their rosters have included some of the game's greatest players, including George Mikan, Jim Pollard, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Gail Goodrich, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant.[1]

Contents

[hide]

The Lakers have won 1 NBL title and 16 BAA/NBA titles. They are second in NBA championships only to the Boston Celtics, who have won 17 NBA titles.

The Lakers have won 1 NBL title and 16 BAA/NBA titles. They are second in NBA championships only to the Boston Celtics, who have won 17 NBA titles.

SO WHAT DOES THAT SAY!!!!!!!!!

AND is there a NBA/NBL/baa UNITED TITLE???....NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the BAA title DOES NOT COUNT.....

THE NBA TITLE IS WHATS OBSERVED!!!

Thanks for playing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Los_Angeles_Lakers.......

HA!!!

I WIN

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

RedRuss.......I think that Majic is an adult....maybe much younger (that much seems obvious)....I don't understand how he doesn't get that the Celtics have beaten his Lakers ever since they started playing.....all the talk about going to the finals more (and having a losing winning percentage since they moved to LA)....he doesn't get that both teams play in different conferences.....like last year in the NFL.....the Seahawks made history by winning their division with a losing record...

oh well.....i don't really mind debating with adults.....now 'nation32 and krulz?....they are definitely both kids and they are on ignore......they have the classic.......

......"I know you are but what am I?" mentality.....they will probably outgrow it when they are older.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

Bill Russel has more rings than the L.A. Lakers. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

I did not have sexual relations with that woman!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

I am still waiting for a picture from the Celtics last back to back championships. Cameras must not have been invented back then. Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Staples Center only have 12 of these?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Is that the same arena where thay chanted "MVP" for Kobe Bryant in 2007?

Tongue out

Again, thank you for playing!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

RedRuss.......I think that Majic is an adult....maybe much younger (that much seems obvious)....I don't understand how he doesn't get that the Celtics have beaten his Lakers ever since they started playing.....all the talk about going to the finals more (and having a losing winning percentage since they moved to LA)....he doesn't get that both teams play in different conferences.....like last year in the NFL.....the Seahawks made history by winning their division with a losing record... oh well.....i don't really mind debating with adults.....now 'nation32 and krulz?....they are definitely both kids and they are on ignore......they have the classic.......  ......"I know you are but what am I?" mentality.....they will probably outgrow it when they are older.....
    Posted by Duke4

In my opinion, Majic is older than you discuss.  And I do think he gets it, he just enjoys rattlilng the cage.  Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, but I have wasted enough time on him....good luck to you.  And I really don't care about football except when the Pats are playing, so I claim total ignorance on that front.  It is funny, though, that he wants to count ALL championships in football as relevant, but not in basketball..............oops, did I say funny?  Not the correct adjective there!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Is that the same arena where thay chanted "MVP" for Kobe Bryant in 2007? Again, thank you for playing!
    Posted by koberulz

Can't wait for the three-peat t-shirt: Boston 3-peat- 1986,2008,2030!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I hear you......nothing like a good debate as long as there is a healthy give and take....now as far as the NFL....although I live in New England, and am a staunch BoSox and Celtic fan....I am actually a Ram fan!! (along with the Dodgers in the NL)...I have to tell you it killed me to see them lose that SB to the Pats...10 years and I'm still not over it!!! ....I do give them their due....great franchise...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

"Can't wait for the three-peat t-shirt: Boston 3-peat- 1986,2008,2030!"

That is seriously hilarious!!  LMAO  The next time the Celtics win the title, the parade will be in the air as we will all be traveling in space shuttles. Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I hear you......nothing like a good debate as long as there is a healthy give and take....now as far as the NFL....although I live in New England, and am a staunch BoSox and Celtic fan....I am actually a Ram fan!! (along with the Dodgers in the NL)...I have to tell you it killed me to see them lose that SB to the Pats...10 years and I'm still not over it!!! ....I do give them their due....great franchise...
    Posted by Duke4

You made my point - it is unhealthy and aggravating!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Photo of the Celtic parade after their last back to back titles. I think I see Bill Russell in the second cart.  LMAO!!!

Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Photo of the Celtic parade after their last back to back titles. I think I see Bill Russell in the second cart.  LMAO!!!
    Posted by koberulz

You are seriously cracking me up!

Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

The Celtics are such an easy punchline for any joke. I feel kind of bad because I probably seem like a bully messing around with the dork. That comparison also applies to the way the Lakers treat the Celtics now that I think about it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Koberulz,

Look in the mirror about what team is an easier punchline for a joke...
    The lakers collor is yellow....Everyone knows yellow stands for cowards...
    and look at you fans dissrespecting the NBA...Inventing the hollinger league..and not the nba...

REMEMBER the NBA says 17-16..................

CELTICS WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

koberulz,

Were those the same faker fans who claimed they were not going to be laker fans when kobe wanted to be traded...
    back to back??..
    HOW MANY RINGS!!!!

OH YEA..

17-16...

CELTICS WIN

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakernation 32,

Do the lakers have a tshirt for 17 titles??

NOPE!!!!

The celtics do...

Sections
Shortcuts