Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise

In Response to Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]The Los Angeles Lakers are currently valued as the second most valuable franchise behind the Knicks, that's only because of their economic power base, but are without peers when it comes to the GREATEST NBA franchise. Having contended for titles every decade (unlike boston lmao) their consistency, popularity, conference titles, most playoff wins, most playoff appearances are what has made the Los Angeles Lakers the greatest A big thank you to Dr Buss for continuing an amazing record!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Yeah....and the Celtics own the Lakers....regular season (all time) and head to head in the Finals....

Celtics 9
    Lakers 3

Total domination baby!!!!!

Boston Celtics also have an .809 winning percentage

Los Angeles Lakers have a .423 percentage....add in the Minny years and it goes up to .516 which still pales in comparisson

Face it....when it comes to the Finals the Lakers are basically a .500 team......the 5 titles won in Minny prior to the modern (shot clock) era pad their stats....and it still doesn't compare to the Celtics (whose titles all came during the modern era) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Every once in awhile I check on this thread to remind myself of how much worse my life could be.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

1 - 25.
    5 - 11

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

It is what it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Sweep!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fabiothefab. Show Fabiothefab's posts

What is the team that first picked a black player in a draft? What is the team that first fielded a black starting five? What is the team that first appointed an afroamerican (in all American professional sports, I would add)?

What is the team that allowed its players to run the NBPA when no other team (including the Lakers) forced their players to waver (first two NBPA presidents: Bob Cousy and Tommy Heinsohn).

What is the team that dumped Kermit Washington after "The Punch"? And what is the team that picked him up, saving his career?

What is the team that in the tenth round of 1982 draft picked then-paralyzed Landon Turner, so he could say he had been picked by a great NBA team?

And Jack Kent Cooke's balloons? And bearing a name that recalls the lakes in Minnesota while the franchise is based in Los Angeles?

Please, a comparison is offensive for the ones who know about basketball. The Celtics are the Celtics, the rest is "professional basketball teams".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

It's the Laker fans that were born in 1990s that don't get it. The older Laker fans, especially those who witnessed the 1980s Lakers-Celtics rivalry, are already gone. They left this forum after they witnessed the Lakers quit in the 2nd round against the Mavs. As the saying goes, the older you get the wiser you become. Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

As the saying goes, the older you get the wiser you become.

does that include less and less toleration for those that can't be bothered w/ proper use of there, their, they're, your and you're?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]As the saying goes, the older you get the wiser you become. does that include less and less toleration for those that can't be bothered w/ proper use of there, their, they're, your and you're ?
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. A lot (note TWO words) of it is unreadable!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers universally acclaimed as the NBA'S greatest franchise:
    [QUOTE]Majjic MVP... HOW WAS I PROVED WRONG WHEN THE SB is listed what???...FIRST!!!!!!... Do you still know what a merger means??...
    NO you dont.....you showed me every title a team won..LOOK ON THE STEELER WEB SITE...What title is listed first???....Heres the evidence...Look at my post for it..from Pro football hall of fame...
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

Simple, because the NFL titles are also listed. You have no way to deny the NFL titles. That's why you dare not answer whether the NFL count their seasons before the SB.

Listed 1st means only the SB are counted while the others are not? what logic is that? Do you understand what reversed chronological order means?

Do you know what a merger means? tell me when a merger means the NFL titles are discarded.

Look at the Steeler web site, what does "listed first" mean? tell me who define "listed first" == "only titles that counts".

Look at the evidence you show? there is nothing saying that the NFL titles aren't counted. Save your "listed first" for lunch...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]majjic mvp, THANKS FOR PLAYING... I WIN!!!! THERES NOTHING TO SAY....YOUR OWNED... HOW IS SOMETHING DEFUNKED RELAVENT!!!! Definition of defunked:   Definition of DEFUNCT : no longer living, existing, or functioning <that firm is now defunct /> THERE YOU GO YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.. IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Yep, when the evidence you showed are crushed, the simplest resposne is "I win". You learned well from your fellow cohorts...

You are hooked. NFL titles are your sore spots that you can't do anything about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]majjic mvp, The nba didnt change there title system like the nfl....... [/QUOTE]
    When did the NFL change the title system? Are you so foolish to think "listed first" == changing the title system == "all titles prior to SB are discarded"?

NFL web-site simply proved you wrong. But no sweat, you can still cry "I win, I win, I win...."

[QUOTE]
    The SB title means more because its under competition.. HOW does an old title mean as much when theres no competition?... Do you know what a merger means?.. guess not and your so OWNED!!!
    What's "under competition"? You mean the NFL before SB was not competition? Now you are getting incoherent...

But of course, I totally agree with you. "MEANS MORE" is the only thing that counts, like the golden era NBA means more than the bush league era...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Majjic Ill be honest, Reality speaking..... YOU should go to the nfl and say why does the league mention both titles.. while saying one is defunked.... your going to spout and say your right and say you have a point..but I put my ace in the hole and brought up this question. how can something matter when its defunked.....it may have historical precidence..but modern meaning???...The NFL said the old system is defunked... But they list both sides... go to the league... im serious... to be all honest. you cant say in reality of the english language something defunked is relavent..if your going to say that...we all know your a internet troll... if the old system is defunked isnt the title defunked????? if your system of making product is bad isnt the product bad??... THE NFL SAID DEFUNKED!!!! sorry!!!

Speak English please. NFL? defunked? when did the NFL say the old system (including all the NFL titles) is "defunked". You know, illusions are not good for you in discussions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]majjic mvp, when a league DEFUNKS SOMETHING...NO **** IT DOESNT COUNT... duhhhhhhhh what other league besides the nfl defunked there title??? because you defunk the system...whats the product of the system..the title

Yeah? show us where the NFL says that. I want to see how you can get out of your illusions, er.... lies...

You know, lying is not good for your long term development...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]I applaud you for continuing your assault.........hope you don't get tired of the same old, same old........most of the trolls just say the same stuff over and over again.....like the 100th time they say it we'll believe it!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Yep, when someone tell us some hot air "no Bynum injury, no Gasol" enough times, he really thinks that it would have become a fact. And he even had the nerve to tell us that he called ESPN to verify. Too bad none of that was accepted for publication.

You know, I have 4239793 research theories that got verified by ESPN. No one is just willing to publish any one of them...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Majjic, Heres the deal... New day..no insults... Heres where were at.. On one end you show me that the nfl counts both titles... On one end I showed you that the nfl made one of there titles system and title...defunked... ITs an interesting question.... How can the league play it both ways.. you can show me all the titles you want.. while i can show you the league defunked them all i want.. Are any of us right??... I think were at a stalemate... you should ask the league.... we all may have opinions..But its 2 legit ways of looking at it. We both have proof... this should rest...actually because...I really think the league maybe is playing both sides..And if there playing both sides..there may be not an answer... YOU have your list by the league.. I have statements by the league that the past titles were defunked... call the league..If you can get the correct ruling..Ide be interested to hear it...

You can show me the league defunked them all you want?

Show me the league defunked them, and we'll talk.

The league showed you that they counted every season of their history. You have NO REBUTTAL, whatsoever. How can you?

So I show you all the titles, you show hot air. It's that simple that you have no way to get off the hook...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah....and the Celtics own the Lakers....regular season (all time) and head to head in the Finals.... Celtics 9 Lakers 3 Total domination baby!!!!! Boston Celtics also have an .809 winning percentage Los Angeles Lakers have a .423 percentage....add in the Minny years and it goes up to .516 which still pales in comparisson Face it....when it comes to the Finals the Lakers are basically a .500 team......the 5 titles won in Minny prior to the modern (shot clock) era pad their stats....and it still doesn't compare to the Celtics (whose titles all came during the modern era) 
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Celtics 17-48
    Lakers 16-47

Now, you don't think the NBA is not just about the finals, do you?

So did the Celtics play in the NBA in 2010-11? Nope, they didn't reach the final, so they didn't lose?

Now, you can tell me that winning 3 rounds in the playoffs is worse than winning 1 round, or losing is better than winning. I am glad that Celtics fans are using "losing is better than winning" to make their case...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

SHHH!

EF Hutton's evil twin is talking - and no one is listening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d9j95Fvo3o

listen very carefully, and everyone on here says two things:
    1.  Gasol was acquired to replace Kwame Brown.
    2.  Chicago had a better deal on the table.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

17-48
    16-47

hmmmm.....sounds pretty even......

9-3 head to head when the title is on the line....(.750 vs .250)

Celtics .809 Finals percentage vs Lakers .516 (LA Lakers .423)

Celtics own winning record all time during the regular season as well...

Please explain how the Celtics have not historically been more successful....remember, this thread is all about why the Lakers are universally acclaimed as the NBA's greatest franchise....also, please remember it was started by a Laker fan (obviously a young troll) and posted on a Celtic board.....

just wondering...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The Lake Show have missed the playoffs only 5 times in their history.

Boston has missed the playoffs 16 TIMES.....the eastern version of the Clips!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings-Intro

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings2010-Lakers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings2010-Celtics

Thanks for playing!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]17-48 16-47 hmmmm.....sound pretty even...... 9-3 head to head when the title is on the line....(.750 vs .250) Celtics .809 Finals percentage vs Lakers .516 (LA Lakers .423) Celtics own winning record all time during the regular season as well... Please explain how the Celtics have not historically been more successful....remember, this thread is all about why the Lakers are universally acclaimed as the NBA's greatest franchise....also, please remember it was started by a Laker fan (obviously a young troll) and posted on a Celtic board..... just wondering...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

t's a tough call on that one.  Is Cy Young the greatest pitcher of all-time.  True, he has the most wins in history, but he also (BY FAR) has the most losses!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Red, the point is.......the Laker fans bought into Hollinger's article that had the Lakers at the top of his list, with Boston a close second.......written like a true Laker fan...

the problem is that one of his biggest stats to support his argument is the fact that the Lakers have the most wins in NBA history....followed by Boston...

he conveniently forgets to mention that the Celtics have the winning record vs the Lakers throughout the history of the regular season (and it's not really close)...

so how can a team that has a losing record all time, in both the regular season and the championship finals vs their chief rival possibly be better that that rival?....it just doesn't add up...

throw in the Finals winning percentages vs the Eastern Conference in general and the Celtics in particular....well, as I said.....it makes no sense.....talk about putting a spin on a topic to prove your point.....winning counts.....Boston has been the better winner....'nuff said!

Sections
Shortcuts