Lakers Unwilling

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Lakers Unwilling

I think the Celtics performance especially yesterday indicates this season is going to be a real challenge going forward.  We are even with playing well and old tired team. As you have stated the end of deadline and this eight game road trip are going to finally put us in a place of acceptance that will stop a lot of this chatter.  Ainge knows what he is going to do and we are going to rebuild.

The lakers pulling back on Gasol if true is saying their delusion of winning in the playoffs is alive and well. They stink just a little bit less than we do.

Our astounding bad luck with Green and now Wilcox speak to the future as unknown but bright. We have a good head coach and GM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I still am not sure that DA was even willing to go through with this trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Unwilling:
    [QUOTE]I think the Celtics performance especially yesterday indicates this season is going to be a real challenge going forward.  We are even with playing well and old tired team. As you have stated the end of deadline and this eight game road trip are going to finally put us in a place of acceptance that will stop a lot of this chatter.  Ainge knows what he is going to do and we are going to rebuild. The lakers pulling back on Gasol if true is saying their delusion of winning in the playoffs is alive and well. They stink just a little bit less than we do. Our astounding bad luck with Green and now Wilcox speak to the future as unknown but bright. We have a good head coach and GM.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

There is nothing bright about an unknown future.

Unknown is simply unknown.

Neither of the teams were at all impressive yesterday.

That's a known.

Combine the two rosters and you might have a competitive team.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    We said the same thing.  With cap space, draft picks and good coaching the future is bright if waiting and watching us slowly improve is understood going forward.

A quick fix like in 2007 is unlikely, unless Dwight Howard has been coming to Boston all along.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

As painful as it is to give up on this season I'm at the point that we need to get as high a draft pick as we can. I would even try and trade both picks to move up in the draft. We will probably not get the big we need but I would take the best player available and go from there. Maybe JJ can add some more weight and move to center and we can be a running team. Hopefully we can get a young free agent to come also and start to rebuild.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]We are one big man away from being elite this season. I don't know about next season, but this season there's a chance the Celts will surprise us like how they surprised us in 2010. Ainge just needs to get Kaman. Why Kaman? Because Kaman is a legit 7-footer and a scorer.  We lost yesterday because we couldn't score in the last 1:31. The Lakers played it smart, instead of Kobe forcing shots late in the 4th, Kobe gave it to Bynum where KG was at a disadvantage.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Ainge has to go out and get him.  Why isn't he doing it?  I am skeptical at this point that he will. Yesterday was a chance to get a signature win and we ended up shorthanded.  Ainge waited too long. The players we have are winners. If a 35 and up league starts for NBA players we will win it all.   Ainge needed to make a move and is waiting for some reason and I 'll bet it is about preparing for the rebuild.  Yesterday the Celtics could have won and they gave it away and they have done this more than once.  I can't tell you how mad I was about yesterday they had that game won and they lost it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Simply "getting Kaman" isn't the answer for this team.  It's "what we have to give up to get him" that's most important.  The answer for this team is to get a center like Kaman WHILE KEEPING THE BIG 4 INTACT.  The only way we become elite is to acquire Kaman AFTER he's bought out by NO and we can pay the minimum for him and we just about know that "aint happenin'".

We don't become elite by sending Rondo (in a package) in exchange for Kaman.  And NO doesn't want JON, Bass, Wilcox, Dooling, Quis or JJJ so let's get that out of our thinking.  We post these crazy one-sided trade scenarios that only Celtics fans think are good trades when they are so remote that it's ridiculous.

If we can't get much for our best player by far (Rondo), why do we think RA or anyone else is going to get us an elite player?

Let's face it, the players we place such high value in ARE NOT valued around the NBA as much as we think.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Unwilling : The Hornets are just asking for a 1st round pick.  We don't trade Rondo for Kaman.

mabe danny and doc know something you don't. hmm.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I would like Kaman, but only if he agrees to an extension....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I don't want Gasol for Rondo....for the following reasons...

When Danny put together the Big 3 back in '07, all three players were considered to be still in their prime...we won a championship and probably would've won one or two more if not for KG's injury....so it was a good deal and accomplished what we, as fans, and Danny had hoped for....we became an elite franchise once again.....getting Gasol at this time doesn't accomplish the same thing...we aren't looking at a new big three in their prime....and getting Gasol minus Rondo does not win us a championship this year....so I'll stick with a 26 year old all star point guard and hope that (1) he learns how to hit the jumper and improve his on his free throw shooting or (2) we have a good offensive replacement if needed at the end of close games...Danny should be able to accomplish the latter...

I've thought it through and through....if I'm Danny, I'm keeping Rondo...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, like you, I too read the various trade scenarios involving Celtics players and think they are just as ridiculous as some on here that are just thrown out there.

For example, I read on the same day on Bleacherreport.com a scenario where Rondo's being mentioned in specific trade rumors and another report where the Celtics are saying he's going nowhere.  On the same day.  Many of these reports are just what we're doing here on BDC, just speculation.

When you say "all NO wants is a 1st round pick", how do WE give them a first round pick?  We have to add 3 or 4 players "salary wise" to make it work.  And if that's all NO wants, what's taking DA so long to send them a 1st round pick since we have two of them knowing that move makes us instantly elite?

Also, why bring in Kaman if there is no guarantee that he signs in the offseason?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think the league would block it........I think "they" want more for Kaman....I think, like DH, Kaman isn't going anywhere, and will sign an extension with NO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Is Kaman the inside banger we really need? Doubt it but I don't know his game real well. Isn't he "just' another jump-shooting big that can rebound fairly well?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'd give up JON and dooling in a hearbeat. wilcox actually had some nice games before the heart issue came up, but he's no franchise player, so he could go too. heck, i'd throw in pavlovic and daniels too. they're worthless. but i'd keep that 1st round pick if at all possible. that said, even with kaman, we're not winning a title this year. the big 3 are just too old to be counted on night in and night out. flashes of what they once were, but not consistent.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Lakers Unwilling:
    [QUOTE]http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/3/12/2864123/NBA-trade-rumor-celtics-and-lakers-discussed-rondo-for-gasol-last-week The Lakers are unwilling to trade  Pau Gasol  for Rondo , making a deal with Boston unlikely before the trade deadline Thursday. "Unless they give up Gasol, they're not going to get a top-level point guard," said a person familiar with the situation but not authorized to discuss it publicly.   That's how low Rondo's value is right now? Ugh!

The Celtics didn't want to do this either.  They didn't propose this trade.  It's been a rumor all along.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts