Lakers Use Amnesty; Celtics Will Not

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Lakers Use Amnesty; Celtics Will Not

Poor MWP? Really?

He still gets the 30M owed without having to play basketball for Lakers. Thats a win to me.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

LA Tankers

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

most people don't seem to understand tha t the Lakers have a whopping $9.7M in salary  on the books for the 2014 season.

that means they'll have AT LEAST $50M to play with!

granted they'll need to sign 12-13 players , but even so, they will be able to sign TWO Star players in a quick rebuild.

we all want them to be bottom feeders as Celtics fans, but the reality is they won't be.

for this coming year, I think they will win MORE games than last seasons mess with Howard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

most people don't seem to understand tha t the Lakers have a whopping $9.7M in salary  on the books for the 2014 season.

granted they'll need to sign 12-13 players , but even so, they will be able to sign TWO Star players in a quick rebuild.

we all want them to be bottom feeders as Celtics fans, but the reality is they won't be.

for this coming year, I think they will win MORE games than last seasons mess with Howard.

They aren't contenders anymore. That is the bottom line.  Maybe they will be in 2014, but there isn't any reason to fear them just because they will have money to spend.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I see no way or reason to think the lakers will be any good at all.  I will guess both tha celtics and lakers will be sub-500.

at least the celtics will be young.  The lakers have Kobe and Nash, who probably won't play a full season between them.  Gasol may play better as the go to guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Also remember, Doc Buss is in heaven and Jimmy is running the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kdp59's comment:

Not true.

It's easy to say sign two star players. But who are the star players they're going to sign?

Is Lebron going to the Lakers?

The Mavs had all the money last season and this season and they ended up with Kaman last season and Calderon this season.

Dwight already walked away from 30m and the Lakers. 

Even Alvin Gentry opted to be with Doc Rivers than be alongside D'Antoni.

You why the Lakers will be bottom feeders?

BECAUSE OF JIMMY BUSS!

you will ALWAYS have players willing to go to LA if the money is right also.

Kobe will resign  (because LA management will ahve no choice) and they WILL sign one of the other top FA 's next season as well.

we might not like it, but you know it WILL happen.

just like Boston isn't a "favorite" FA place to go....LA IS for a lot of young men.

just a reality...I HOPE you are right and LA and Kobe can;t get ANYONE to sign with them and ahve to field a team full of D-leaguers.

but we both know thats just a Celtic fan's fantasy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

Also remember, Doc Buss is in heaven and Jimmy is running the team.

Thanks Jimmy!!!!