lakers want rid of pau gasol!(cbssports.com)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

lakers want rid of pau gasol!(cbssports.com)

too bad...sad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: lakers want rid of pau gasol!(cbssports.com)

They want Josh Smith

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Here is another take from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-121116-18/weekend-dime-mike-dantoni-los-angeles-lakers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course they want to get rid of him.  He is never going to get the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

This is what I said before the news picked it up. He is there only tradable commodity. They need to move him for two solid players that can run. Gasol doesn't fit this style of play. They don't have the max money for Josh Smith. They'll only keep DH is he agrees to sign an extension and if he doesn't thay are over the cap and can't add a max player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to DFURY13's comment:

This is what I said before the news picked it up. He is there only tradable commodity. They need to move him for two solid players that can run. Gasol doesn't fit this style of play. They don't have the max money for Josh Smith. They'll only keep DH is he agrees to sign an extension and if he doesn't thay are over the cap and can't add a max player.

The celtics have players like that. Not suggesting a trade but it is something to think about.  I don't like Gasol at all however.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Offer Bass and draft picks. Ya know...maybe they get no better offers & if worse come to shove, maybe, just maybe toss in Lee as he may ride the bench when Bradley returns. With Barbosa playing so well we could give up Lee.

We could get 2-3 years out of the ageing Gasol & he and KG would be a great combo in the post as both are very good shooting jumpers, hooks from 5-10 ft out and keep in mind, it could solve our weak rebounding issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Not everybody is going to want Gasol's salary.  I would give them Bass and a little more.  The trade will only help this year. The players are too old to really look beyond this season and possibly next.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:

better to acquire varejao who is double2 guy with much cheaper salary, 9m per year and team option on his final year

You are right. That trade will make the Celtics a real championship threat.  Some here think Cleveland will never do it but I think they will. They are young and at 30 Varajeo does not fit into their future plans, plus he is in the last year of his contract.  Why wouldn't they move him now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

better to acquire varejao who is double2 guy with much cheaper salary, 9m per year and team option on his final year

You are right. That trade will make the Celtics a real championship threat.  Some here think Cleveland will never do it but I think they will. They are young and at 30 Varajeo does not fit into their future plans, plus he is in the last year of his contract.  Why wouldn't they move him now.

Varejao is not in the last year of his contract.  He has two more years with the second being a team option.  There is no way Cleveland is under any pressure to trade him.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Whoa! Varejao is NOT in the last year of his contract. He's under contract until 2015. And his salary is lower than what Perk got.

Like I said, there's no reason for the Cavs to trade Varejao.

I guess I was way off. Wow.  He is a deal a that price.  I don't know where I got the wrong idea in my head.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

I guess I was way off. Wow.  He is a deal a that price.  I don't know where I got the wrong idea in my head.

Jeff Green still has, more or less, 30 games to show what he can do. I really want the Celts to keep Green. But if he's just Pierce's backup who will only play 24 mins. per game, then he's not worth keeping.

Right now it's clear that Lee and Bass are expendable. Lee is redundant once Bradley returns. Bass is one-dimensional, if he's not making those perimeter jumpers, he doesn't do anything else to help the team.

Bass and Lee can get the Celts a player worth 12m. That means Horford and Josh Smith are possibilities.

Getting Paul Millsap would also be an upgrade. There's just no way the Jazz will keep Big Al, Millsap, Favors, and Kanter. One will have to go.

Welcome to the party. I realize that they're  mopping up and most of the lights are off but you can at least say you made an appearance.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I would not trade Bradley.  His defense is game altering and he gives D Wade fits.  He'll get better offensively.  Green is worrying me.  Some games he shows and some he doesn't.  If we could get Josh Smith for Bass and Green, I would make that deal in a heart beat.  I would also consider Gasol.  Yes, he's 32, but the Celtics are not exactly in long-term building mode right now.  They are trying to win now and by the time Green's game matures it may be too late.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Not to get off topic, but Pierce looks 5 years younger this season.  He's so much quicker.  What's the reason?  Contract year?  Health?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

We might be doing something wrong if they can get Josh Smith. They are paying luxury tax now and now take another big bucks player?

Lakers and Miami always gets away with biggie players and we can't.....wonder why?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts