Lakers Will Trade Gasol and Bynum For Howard......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Lakers Will Trade Gasol and Bynum For Howard......

I know its a lot to give up, but Howard is a once in a generation big man who is hitting his prime. Kobe and Dwight Howard would be an incredible force. The rest of the roster would be pretty weak, but with the cap space from Odom and Gasol gone, the Lakers can add another solid scorer via trade as well as pick up a player released like a Baron Davis or Gilbert Areneas. They might not win it all this year, but come next year, the Lakers will be scary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Lakers Will Trade Gasol and Bynum For Howard......

No bench, no point guard, and Hedo Turkoglu at the SF?  Still can't defend the perimeter................I say they pass on the trade!

I have predicted since July he will stay where he is - just for the record!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Not only do the salaries matter when trying to formulate a team, but Bryant's at the end of his career and Howard has suspect offensive skills other than dunking. Not a duo to strike fear into the hearts of complete teams. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I honestly really hope it happens.....Howard is a "once in a generation center" who has a very limited offensive game (great rebounder and defender....on a great team that would be enough but the Lakers would be far from great...)  .....DH hasn't won anything yet....and Kobe is on the downside...still a great talent?...yes....but so are the Big 3 in Boston.....none are the players they once were....so let's see the deal go down.....when it's over the Lakers will have added Howard while losing Gasol, Odom, and Bynum.....does anyone think that is a good deal...?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

good, i hope they do it, for reasons Duke has explained.  They will probably pick up Paul as a FA next year but for some reason I'm not worried about that either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

If CP3 goes to the Clippers he has agreed to pick up the option year....that means he can't become a free agent until season 3.....by then Kobe will be an old man....and playing alongside of Griffin, the new superstar in town..?...as the Clippers finally take the #1 position in LA...?  ....I think he will stay on....the league is getting stronger....the Lakers are fading....Celtics...?  ....could be happening to them as well....should be interesting...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

They wont make that exact trade. They will try to do the Bynum and some BS kind of a trade and the Magic will flip the Bird. (Pun intended).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Sure the Lakers will trade them, that doesn't necessarily mean otis is taking them. He'd be better served taking the cap space.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

KG,Pierce and Ray for DH!!!

Oops, he's another that won't sign with the green. C'mon Danny sort this stuff out.

Ugh!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Will Trade Gasol and Bynum For Howard......:
    I honestly really hope it happens.....Howard is a "once in a generation center" who has a very limited offensive game (great rebounder and defender....on a great team that would be enough but the Lakers would be far from great...)  .....DH hasn't won anything yet....and Kobe is on the downside...still a great talent?...yes....but so are the Big 3 in Boston.....none are the players they once were....so let's see the deal go down.....when it's over the Lakers will have added Howard while losing Gasol, Odom, and Bynum.....does anyone think that is a good deal...?
    Posted by Duke4

Agree with you that losing Gasol, Odom and Bynum for Howard doesn't make the Lakers any better. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Lakers should trade Kobe for DH. Lakers free money and the whining. Then pick up CP trading Fisher. Walton and draft picks.

Sections
Shortcuts