Lakers Win Lakers Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win

In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers are potentially as good as anyone else in the West. Seriously, who is clearly better than them? The Mavericks took a step back. The Spurs are too old. The Clippers are up and down, and can't even beat the undermanned Celtics. The Nuggets and Grizzlies, while young and deep, lack the necessary elite franchise types to carry a team to a title. The only potential threat I see to the Lakers is the Thunder. That would be a close series that could go either way, but I'd give the advantage to the Lakers because of their veteran experience, and superior bigs. In the Finals, it would then come down to whether LeBron James can exorcise his late game demons to prevent the Lakers from catching the Celtics in titles. If anything, the Lakers are underachieving this year. When you have a top 2 center (Bynum), a top 2 power forward (Gasol), and a top 5 wing player (Bryant), that should be more than enough to compete late into the post-season. Add in a good role player like Sessions and the occassional appearance of Good Metta World Peace, and you've got a team that can win a championship. The Lakers are a darn good team, or at least should be; I'm sure they'll turn it up another notch in the playoffs.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

The Lakers are certainly a darn good team.  No doubt about it.  The questions is why are they playing so much worse than they are?  And why did they get destroyed in the playoffs last year?  If I were a Lakers fan I would be less worried if my team was a little less talented and a little more cohesive.  I mean what is the problem?  Chemistry?  Effort?

Lots of teams try and turn it on in the playoffs.  That usually doesn't work out all that well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : The Lakers are certainly a darn good team.  No doubt about it.  The questions is why are they playing so much worse than they are?  And why did they get destroyed in the playoffs last year?  If I were a Lakers fan I would be less worried if my team was a little less talented and a little more cohesive.  I mean what is the problem?  Chemistry?  Effort? Lots of teams try and turn it on in the playoffs.  That usually doesn't work out all that well.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

3 Finals in a row winning back to back mean't the Lakers had run out of mental ammunition. Bit like Boston, winning one is easy if you have the talent but repeating...whole different story.

Ask yourself this: When was the last time Boston repeated? If you can't find an answer this side of the ABA/NBA merge then perhaps I'll leave that question open to Lakers/Bulls/Spurs/Pistons and Rocket fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : 3 Finals in a row winning back to back mean't the Lakers had run out of mental ammunition. Bit like Boston, winning one is easy if you have the talent but repeating...whole different story. Ask yourself this: When was the last time Boston repeated? If you can't find an answer this side of the ABA/NBA merge then perhaps I'll leave that question open to Lakers/Bulls/Spurs/Pistons and Rocket fans.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Wow dude.  Are you mentally deficient?  Reread my post and see if anything you said had anything to do with what I said.  I know repeating is hard.  Much respect to the Lakers and all that.

I wasn't talking about the Celtics at all.  I was talking about the Lakers.  Which is what this post is about.  Why can't you stop thinking about the Celtics? Maybe some meds would help you get out of this circular thought pattern of yours.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : Wow dude.  Are you mentally deficient?  Reread my post and see if anything you said had anything to do with what I said.  I know repeating is hard.  Much respect to the Lakers and all that. I wasn't talking about the Celtics at all.  I was talking about the Lakers.  Which is what this post is about.  Why can't you stop thinking about the Celtics? Maybe some meds would help you get out of this circular thought pattern of yours.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Wow dude, did you take your meds? Gave you an answer for the questions you posed and sure, you didn't like the cold hard truth. Rest assured that if you take the appropriate medical action the world will be a brighter place today.

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

The Lakers looked fantastic last night, I will admit. I watched the entire game and was disgusted in knowing that Jim Buss improved that team while Danny decided to stand pat and make us Bostonians feel embarassed AGAIN come playoff time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers looked fantastic last night, I will admit. I watched the entire game and was disgusted in knowing that Jim Buss improved that team while Danny decided to stand pat and make us Bostonians feel embarassed AGAIN come playoff time.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

Snoop-unless McHale helps out Danny boy, Boston won't be making any good moves in the near future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Andrew Bynum is tearing up that knee!
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard of class? Come on man. That makes us Celtic fans look weak minded if we have to wish injury on certain players.

Bynum is having a terrific season and even though I despise the Lakers, I dont wish anyone harm. That is just sick and twisted, bro.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : Have you ever heard of class? Come on man. That makes us Celtic fans look weak minded if we have to wish injury on certain players. Bynum is having a terrific season and even though I despise the Lakers, I dont wish anyone harm. That is just sick and twisted, bro.

Classy post!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Snoop snizzle dog is a lakers troll!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

A Lakers troll? Mind you, I have forgotten more about the Celtics than you have ever known, son.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : A Lakers troll? Mind you, I have forgotten more about the Celtics than you have ever known, son.

Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]Snoop sizzle is a lakers idiot troll!!
    Stop hanging out with Clueless34, by hanging too much with him you are wrong 99.9% of the time and are beginning to be as Classless as him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]Andrew Bynum is tearing up that knee!
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

When I read your nasty posts I think of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis and the ultimate fate of anything associated with Celtic arrogance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : When I read your nasty posts I think of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis and the ultimate fate of anything associated with Celtic arrogance.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

your post is very ironic.. Look up boy, this is a Celtic forum...your in the wrong place..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

They are too dumb to notice...La public schools...enough said..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : your post is very ironic.. Look up boy, this is a Celtic forum...your in the wrong place..
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

If this is a Celtic forum why is a thread started everytime the Lakers lose or a Laker gets injured, etc?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]There has never been a post started after a laker gets injured!  After they lose, yes, but only because THEY start one after every win!!
    Buffoon, how many times do I have to tell you to shut up? You make so sense.
    You know that I am right when I imply that Celtic fans salivate when misfortune befalls the Lakers and that Celtic identity revolves around the Laker-Celtic history and their past dominance of the Lakers that is long gone and the Lakers still thrive and are on the verge of becoming the Finals greatest success story. You and your koMe bs and only validates this. The Cs on the verge of mediocrity and all you have are your distant memories. Be honest now, between the Laker and Celtics, who so you think has the best chance of getting a title, this year or in the future, the Lakers or Celtics?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : Buffoon, how many times do I have to tell you to shut up? You make so sense. You know that I am right when I imply that Celtic fans salivate when misfortune befalls the Lakers and that Celtic identity revolves around the Laker-Celtic history and their past dominance of the Lakers that is long gone and the Lakers still thrive and are on the verge of becoming the Finals greatest success story. You and your koMe bs and only validates this. The Cs on the verge of mediocrity and all you have are your distant memories. Be honest now, between the Laker and Celtics, who so you think has the best chance of getting a title, this year or in the future, the Lakers or Celtics?
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Ouch! As a die hard Celtic fan, I have to admit you are right about most of these so-called Celtic fans these days. They all jumped on the bandwagon after 2008, and are so mad and jealous of the Lakers for being so consistently successful. I remember the days of Red and Russell and those are distant memories just like you said. I now reside in a Boston area nursing home, and I have some good conversations about those days with other residents that dont already have Alzheimers. It is depressing to know that I probably wont get to witness another Celtic title if they keep up their current pace of 1 title in every 23 years, but I still bleed green and am hopeful. I sure wish that we had ownership like the Buss' in L.A. where they make a point to win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Snoopshnizzle makes me vomit!!

Look kid, put me on ignore if you are having stomach issues after reading my posts.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! 

GO CELTICS!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Snoopsnizzle=troll

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Snoopsnizzle=troll
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

It is so funny that "supposed" Celtic fans call other Celtic fans trolls.  I would wager that cabutan has only seen the Celtics win 1 championship in his lifetime and undoubtedly owns a Michael Jordan Bulls jersey. I'm just saying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I think its probably a safe bet that if anyone in the Celtics or Lakers starting five goes down to injury there would be a thread about it on this board. There's mutual dislike, but there is also mutual interest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : Look boy - it's time to come out of your lakers closet and admit who you are - kobeismrnba!!

Son, If I were a Laker fan that woyuld be a decent name. But as you can clearly see from my unbiased opinions and praise for the Celtics, I am a true bleeding green Celtic fan. You need to grow up and stop aggravating others on the board that might have a differing view than yours. Study diversity kid!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : Starting a thread after someone gets hurt because it's news is one thing.  Starting a thread because you are CELEBRATING the injury is something else!
    True. But haven't there been threads started celebrating Bynum's injuries? There certainly have been posts...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : I understand your position, I really do....BUT.......I believe those threads were of two flavors: 1.  PREDICTING he couldn't stay healthy for a year, thus ORL not wanting him in a trade 2.  The pictures are usually supplied by One on One AFTER some lakers troll (not named Flobus....:) )  calls the Celtics "old" or shows a picture of Pierce in a wheelchair. The pictures are knee-jerk reactions, and I don't necessarily like them...ANY of them. I still have people out here saying "in 2008, Bynum was hurt....."  blah blah blah..........so, therefore, I enjoy beating teams that are at full strength.  But, just for the record, we STILL would have won in 2008 (it was our year), and you wouldn't have Gasol if Bynum didn't get hurt...:)

You must be the board's drama queen? Is this all you do is argue? I have yet to see an actual intelligent basketball related post come from you. You must feel really proud. This a Celtics forum in case you have not noticed, so please stay on topic. I personally hope and wish great things for the Celtics, to where you seem to wish bad things upon people and are always starting contention. You are the true definition of a "keyboard bully". You probably are scared to go anywhere by yourself in reality though. Pathetic really. Thanks for playing bro!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Win Lakers Win : Wow dude, did you take your meds? Gave you an answer for the questions you posed and sure, you didn't like the cold hard truth. Rest assured that if you take the appropriate medical action the world will be a brighter place today.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

I am starting to think you are extremely dissociative.. You don't seem to be able to grasp simple concepts or understand what people are saying.  

I know what the cold hard truth is for the Celtics.  What have I ever said that implied I didn't?  

Just relax man.  I know that deep down you don't want to be a freaky dude crapping his pants on line all day long, getting off on trying to make people angry when in reality most people just laugh at you.

It's just a sports board about the Celtics man.  It doesn't mean anything.

Sections
Shortcuts