Lakers win means clear advantage over the C's for home court!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Lakers win means clear advantage over the C's for home court!

In Response to Re: Lakers win means clear advantage over the C's for home court!:
    In Response to Re: Lakers win means clear advantage over the C's for home court! : If that makes you happy so be it. I won't be a Kool Aid fan. I imagine you like when RUWorthy post being objective as a Lakers fans but can't stand the thought of a Celtics fan being objective. Isn't 14 - 1 a clear message to the Celtics and the rest of the league who is the team to beat???????? I see things the way they are not the way I wish they were. Tell me something Positive about the Celtics and their 4 - 6 record in their last 10 games and losing to the likes of Bobcats, Memphis, Nets, Clippers, Sixers and Houston. I refuse to be Tommy Heinsohn (by the way hate when I have to listen to him on comcast rather watch ESPN) LIKE MOST HERE. If being objective is crime well I'm guilty as charge Tommy Jr.
    Posted by RicoCeltic

The lakers are the team to beat.  How the heck cares?  This is about the Celtics and how we can make OUR team better.  You don't want to talk about that - see ya!!  Objective is one thing.  We are playing horribly right now.  But you take it to another level.  I am very mad at the lack of urgency the team is showing right now, but to compare them to the lakers 14-1 is just wrong.  But whatever makes you happy!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

answer not 16

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers win means clear advantage over the C's for home court!:
    Look Tommy Jr. We are all pretty kind of upset with what has been happening to the Celtics and we are a little touchy and I have to understand that. But just because I take things a little easier doesn't mean I don't love the Celtics as much of you or even Heinsohn. Yo are the type of Heinson fan who can't sleep at night after s loss. I am not like that. Maybe it's because I live in Beautiful Islan of Puerto Rico in Cidra a very small town in the center of the Island that I'm not that passionate and can criticize the Celtics the way I do. All that matters in the end is banner 18. I have been a Celtics fan since the 80's where I had to watch the games on chanel 8, A St Thomas chanel which we could hardly se with all the snow on the chanel because it wasn't a channel from Puerto Rico. My brother who by the way is a Lakers fan and having fun at my expense. Don't take it personal, you view it your way and I respect that and I do it my way but don't expexct me to be like you or Heinsohn for that matter.
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Then I still have you beat by about 10 years as a fan.  I criticize them all the time.  I think we are STILL the best team in the East.  Why is it lakers fans say they are the Champs until someone knocks them off, then say the Celtics aren't the best in the East.  Aren't we the best in the East until someone beats us?  Only lakers fans try to have it both ways like that.  Which makes me question your loyalty.  If you feel you are being "objective", what are you doing here?  This is for passionate Celtics fans - I DO take it personally.  You're like the kid who never goes to practice, then gets upset because he only played 2 mins in the game.  CLAIMING you are as big a fan as everyone else and PROVING it are two different things.  So far, I see nothing in your posts to make me think you are serious.  And no one, and I mean NO ONE who is a true Celtics fan has an avatar of Rick Pitino!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

NYY 27 titles since 1921

Boston Red Sux 2 titles since 1921

And they call this a rivalry?

Remember Cs won 11 of their titles when there were only 4 teams in the conference and there was no FA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers win means clear advantage over the C's for home court! : How about the 2004 Lakers featuring Kobe, Shaq, Malone, and Payton, how did that work out for ya?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's way better than finishing 36-46 and getting swept by the Pacers, won't you say?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"NYY 27 titles since 1921"

And you had nothing to do with any of them. 

The city of Boston has been rich with championships the last ten years. It's been a great ride as as Boston sports fan. I feel sorry for fans of the Knicks who have to turn to the Yankees, who don't even play basketball, in order to troll properly.

Good luck with your trolling, placing you on permanent ignore so I won't be hearing from you again. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

There is only one way to judge the better team.....how they do head to head.....since the Lakers & Celtics are not in the same conference there is no other way to judge them.....so....that said...

Regular Season all time wins....Boston

Finals Championships....Boston

Head to Head......Boston in a landslide

Even if the Lakers tie us with #17.....they cannot change 9-3 (unless they beat us again this year)....

if the Celtics performed as the Lakers have in their 31 appearances our record in the finals would be 9-8......it is actually 17-4....Lakers have had an easier time getting out of their conference historically....many times it is because they were the best....other times it was weak competition....does anyone realize that the '59 Laker squad made it to the Finals with a losing regular season record? ...when expansion arrived, who remembers the first move?....St Louis (best team in the West) moved to the East while the West got the expansion Suns.....does anyone remember the term "The Big 4" from the '80's? ....referred to strength of conference...LA the power in the West....Boston, Philly, and Milwaukee the powers in the East....LA had no one of equal talent that decade.......the three teams in the East beat up on one another throughout the '80's.....also, 5 of the Lakers titles were won in Minny before the shot clock and the modern era of basketball......that was in the days when a team could win by a final score of 18-17....look it up.....the Lakers were the losers in that game.....totally a different era of the NBA.....shot clock changed the game....the addition of Bill Russell made the Celtics the Dynasty......

Sections
Shortcuts