Lakers with 4th loss in a row

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Lakers with 4th loss in a row

Sealed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Lakers with 4th loss in a row

Might as well start Faker threads we have some many Faker fans on board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

it's not even news anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Next game is against sacramento... technically they *should* win that one. But now that they lost against the rockets you never know!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers with 4th loss in a row:
    [QUOTE]Next game is against sacramento... technically they *should* win that one. But now that they lost against the rockets you never know!
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

They were lucky to beat the Rockets on opening night.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Seven of the Laker's next eight games are on the road. Ha, ha.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

In all of those games Bynum will still not be available. Looks like 7-8 more games of 40 minutes or more for Gasol and Odom.

HAHAHA!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers with 4th loss in a row : In all of those games Bynum will still not be available. Looks like 7-8 more games of 40 minutes or more for Gasol and Odom. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

KOME WILL PROBABLY START SHOOTING 30-40 TIMES A GAME NOW.  HE NEEDS TO BE THE HERO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pingkian. Show Pingkian's posts

did you see the frustration of kobe and fisher's face when artest took the 3pt shot againts the grizzlies? bwahahaha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

WoOT!!!  Nothing better than a lakers' 4 game losing streak...oh wait, how about a lakers' five game losing streak.   lol..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers with 4th loss in a row : KOME WILL PROBABLY START SHOOTING 30-40 TIMES A GAME NOW.  HE NEEDS TO BE THE HERO.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

He is already losing confidence in his team and will start taking over more and that may mean more losing games

Lets Go Celtics

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Come on guys.  You are gloating too much.  Why talk about Bynum's absence so much?  Can't you talk about how Kobe patted Shane Battier on the chest for his good play.  That is good sporting spirit.  AP is writing about it.  He has also not yelled at his team that he needs help or at Mitch Kupchak to get him better players.

Things are still good in the Laker's world.  Derek Fisher was able to put in 27 minutes of basketball on the second night of back-to-back.  Matt Barnes finally had a good game.  These small things will add up once the big fella gets back.

Games in purple may be a little harder to win but I am sure that when they get back in the home yellow, the Lakers will get it together.

Go Lakers! Justify Yellow!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

prakash, your team is disintegrating before our eyes.  Kobe Bryant is losing his mind.  Pao Gasol has sore gluteal muscles.  Andrew Bynum even when he "gets healthy" is still going to be Inspector Gadget on that knee and probably only play the first quarters of games before retreating to the ice bin.  Derek Fisher actually is too old this year after being almost too old for years now.  Lamar Odom is more interested in Keeping Up With The Kardashians than in playing serious competitive basketball.  It's a Hollywood Cream Puff Team falling apart like a Hollywood Cream Puff Pie.  Garnett doesn't get injured you don't win your first championship.  Perkins doesn't get injured you don't win last year.  These two championships have been opportunistic and lucky.  Lucky that Perkins decides to rip up his knee for no good reason in Game 6.  Lucky that you got to beat Orlando instead of losing to the Celtics for a second straight year.  There is no justification for yellow!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

In other words, Prakash, we Celtics know in our hearts that the team we root for is essentially the three-time-defending world champions with the minor caveat that we didn't actually formally win last year or the year before.  As Doc Rivers says, "y'all ain't beat our five starters!"  We're going after the fourth championship of the Big Three Era and we're bringing Shaquille to get his Kobe-tying fifth after Kobe's "I got more than Shaq" girlish gushing after Game 7.  Your team is the 5th or 6th seed in your conference.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Going after the second championship of the Big Three Era. As you won a championship in 2008.

If you're going to say things like 4th Championship, why don't you go back all the way and claim the 1958 championship where Russell was injured. A slightly bigger loss than Garnett. Or the 1967 Championship .... as Russell was ONLY a Rookie coach and was learning the ropes, as we all know the Celtics would have won if .... on that logic the Celtics won 13 championships in a row. That's applying the logic you used for the 'modern' Celtics going for a 'fourth' championship.

It just don't make sense Mac. I know you're only stirring up the pot, and I appreciate that, but it's not logical.

The Magic earned their place in 2009, We can't say for sure if the Celtics make the finals in 2009 if Garnett is not injured. We can't say this because Garnett was injured, any other talk about if is purely fantasy talk. 2010, well the Celtics did have us down 3 games to two. I think the Celtics killed themselves in game 6 by not going for the kill in that game. The Celtics played like they had two games in which they could win. Their mindset should have been that they only have ONE chance to win the championship. This was a bad mindset to take into a game six. Told my Dad at the time of the game that the Celtics seemed not to care so much if they lose game 6 as there is always a game 7. Very bad attitude.

If I remember rightly the Celtics were the 4th seed in the 1969 finals. Which was the 8th seed back in those days as you only had 4 teams from each Division (was no conferences) in the Finals. Veteran teams have their ups and downs, we're in a down but I doubt we'll stay down for long.

The Lakers will make noise in the finals, how much noise is depending on the attitude of the players when we get there.

I'm still budgeting for 50 wins this season. As long as we get homecourt in the first round. After that, let's roll the dice and see what happens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

The Lakers are falling in love with the 3pt shot. It was only a 3-point lead with less than 2 minutes remaining. I don't know why Kobe thinks he can regularly make shots near half-court.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Here's the idea Worthy: The Celtics won the championship in 2008 after beating the Lakers by 39 points in Game 6.  They were rolling through the season and Garnett, the guy everyone said was the MVP of the championship team the year before, goes down.  Orlando beats you in seven games, seven grueling games, without the MVP of the team.  The next year, the Celtics beat Orlando relatively painlessly in 6 games.  Then they go 7 with the Lakers and I contend would have won Game 7 had Perkins not freakishly shattered his knee.  The Lakers handled Orlando easily, Boston handled Orlando easily.  Any honest observer would deduct that Boston would've beat Orlando in something like 5 or 6 games in 2009.  It's totally logical.  Furthermore if a healthy Boston beats the Lakers in 6 in 2008.  Then a healthy Boston beats the Lakers in 7 in 2010.  Ergo a healthy Celtics would have beat the Lakers in 2009.  So, like I said, three-time-defending champs looking for a fourth.

As to the Celtics Game 6 mindset it's irrelevant.  They did have two games to win one and they chose to win Game 7.  Perkins get hurt, they still almost win because they're better than the Lakers, Perkins is healthy then they do win.  Ergo, Celtics won the championship last year in seven games adjusted for health.  Makes perfect sense.  Check the logic, it's flawless.

You can add those Russell-era championships to the Celtics if you insist, probably a good idea.  I mean he probably should've had 13 if he won 11.  So two more Celtics championships.  Throw in 1987 while you're at it.  McHale.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

...and of course if Larry Bird's back had not given out and Len Bias had lived and Reggie Lewis had lived the Celtics would be working on championship 28 or 29 right now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

To me they all count.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

LOL I admire your passion Mac. Keep on loving your team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]LOL I admire your passion Mac. Keep on loving your team.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I see your keeping odd hours also, or is it work?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

It's around 9.22pm in Australia, just procrastinating on Facebook and here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]It's around 9.22pm in Australia, just procrastinating on Facebook and here.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I guess I just assumed you were Calfornia time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

:) Once upon a time was on Pacific time. But way up North from LA. Lived in Canada for 11 years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]In other words, Prakash, we Celtics know in our hearts that the team we root for is essentially the three-time-defending world champions with the minor caveat that we didn't actually formally win last year or the year before.  As Doc Rivers says, "y'all ain't beat our five starters!"  We're going after the fourth championship of the Big Three Era and we're bringing Shaquille to get his Kobe-tying fifth after Kobe's "I got more than Shaq" girlish gushing after Game 7.  Your team is the 5th or 6th seed in your conference.
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

Using your logic, I know in my heart that the Patriots won the the last nine Superbowls. Other than the fact that, you know, they technically didn't win the Superbowl every year.

That seriously makes sense to you? Yeah, the Celtics got screwed in game 7 last year by the refs. And the officials suspiciously missed at least four Giants' holds on the helmet catch to hand the Giants the 07 Superbowl. But the refs didn't make Ray Allen shoot 0-16. And the zebras didn't force the Patriots to wait three and a half quarters to adjust to what the Giants were doing defensively. Mypoint is, shot happens. And the great teams find a way to overcome it. M aybe I'm comparing apples and oranges here. I firmly believe that NBA officiating is corrupt. The only thing I'm unsure of is the extent. I don't feel that way about any of the other major sports.

All that being said, nobody made the Celtics lay down to the inferior team in game 6. With a chance to clinch a title, the Celtics didn't even show up. Do I think the Lakers got handed a championship they didn't earn? Yes. To a degree. But it is what it is. The Lakers ARE the champions. And nothing is going to change that.

What mystifies me is one of the few Lakers fans to come on here and comport themselves with class, dignity and proper respect makes a reasoned post. And you attack him with greenkiller esque nonsense.

Why can't we have reasonable discussions here with fans from other teams? I don't understand why things always have to devolve into chest thumping and name calling. I expect that sort of thing from the idiot trolls like martinilover and the lot. They can't help it- they aren't well. But for one of our own to be behaving like that is really disapointing. 

Sections
Shortcuts