Lakers with 4th loss in a row

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Lakers with 4th loss in a row

In Response to Re: Lakers with 4th loss in a row:
    :) Once upon a time was on Pacific time. But way up North from LA. Lived in Canada for 11 years.
    Posted by RUWorthy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Now I'm confused....I thought you were still in Canada...didn't know you were down under again..must be pretty hot this time of year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey df2.....very good post....while I am a Celtic worshipper and a SOX/Dodger fan....I am not a Pat's fan....I have rooted for the Rams all my life....so don't get me started on how the Super Bowls have played out...the refs clearly let New England get away with illegal contact all day....that and Lovie Smith's stupid prevent D at the end...I don't know how Brady could've been named mvp..but that was a long time ago...time for me to let go....GO CELTS!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

fakirs need to beat up on Perk and their cheating refs did the rest

itsa GR8 nite when the C's WIN and the fakirs LOSE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i love to see the lakers lose, but don't get too cocky. rondo's leg and foot are hurting and nate was hurting last night. if we lose those 2 we are royally screwed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Hey df2.....very good post....while I am a Celtic worshipper and a SOX/Dodger fan....I am not a Pat's fan....I have rooted for the Rams all my life....so don't get me started on how the Super Bowls have played out...the refs clearly let New England get away with illegal contact all day....that and Lovie Smith's stupid prevent D at the end...I don't know how Brady could've been named mvp..but that was a long time ago...time for me to let go....GO CELTS!!!!!
    Posted by Duke4

Maybe I'm a bit of a homer, but I don't remeber that much "illegal contact" And what there was, well that was par for the course in 2001. That was before Bill Polian sissified the game. 

Maybe you could argue the Mike Vrable helmet hit on Ty Law's early pick six was a penalty. But the Rams also got a very questionable call that negated Tebucky Jones turnover and touchdown. One that subsequently led to a Rams' touchdown. That's 14 points on a ticky-tack penalty.

I would be more mad at Mike Martz. He had (at the time) the best running back in football and stubbornly refused to use him. I've always said Bill Belichick turned in one of the greatest coaching performances in sports history that game. On the flip side, Mike Martz was pretty awful. Any time you have an upset that big, somebody gagged. Much like the Pats' coaching staff choked on the 07 Superbowl. I don't know if it wa stupidity or arrogance. I'm guessing the latter. Ditto for Martz.

But you bring up an interesting point. If that game were officiated by today's standards, the Pats probably lose by four touchdowns. It's interesting to think about.

And Brady got the MVP because he orchestrated the game winning drive with under two minutes to go, backed up deep. That's a no brainer, don't you think?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Yes, Brady did engineer the drive....but against a prevent defense....what a horrible time for Lovie to call that.....I think Brady ended up with around 110 yards passing?  .......as for Belichick, more than one player said that they were told to do anything and everything to slow the Rams down....and to keep doing it until the ref's started throwing flags....this is kind of like our complaint about game seven in LA....the ref's called a consistent game through 3 1/2 quarters then started calling fouls on the Celts..in the SB, the ref's took away the Rams strength (speed, rhythm, and timing)....smart on his part.....also, there is a new book out that looks at the games that changed the NFL (co-written by Ron Jaworski)...said Belichick told the team to hit Marshall Faulk as hard as possible on every play, whether he was involved or not...there was a lot of holding going on...Martz was an idiot as far as I'm concerned and lost that game with his coaching...he was outsmarted by the "hoodie"....lastly....how about the alleged taping of the final walk through? Both Warner and Faulk said it was like the Pats knew what was coming on almost every play....they even called the plays at the line of scrimmage as the Rams were setting up...with all of the "Spygate" that is coming out....the first time it was ever brought up was by a former employee who claims it was, in fact, done....I wonder if there is any truth to that rumor?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Howdy gents. The season is still very young and these 4 games will all be forgotten once the playoffs start. In all truth I personally could care less about the Lakers. All I have to say about the Lakers losing 4 in a row is that the refs must have been told not to carry them the way they did in the Finals!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Now I'm confused....I thought you were still in Canada...didn't know you were down under again..must be pretty hot this time of year?
    Posted by Duke4

:) No need to be confused matey. Was in Canada till I was 13 years old. Is more humid than hot at the moment.

I agree that these four games should be forgotten, by the play offs. I'll be happy with a 50 win + season. 60 is unrealistic but we really should be able to win 50 games.

Play offs are the big picture. The regular season has it's moments but at times it's just way too long.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers with 4th loss in a row : I agree that these four games should be forgotten, by the play offs. I'll be happy with a 50 win + season. 60 is unrealistic but we really should be able to win 50 games. Play offs are the big picture. The regular season has it's moments but at times it's just way too long.
    Posted by RUWorthy

Agreed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

to early to say but celtics is the team to beat in the east.....way to go celtics...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

prakash, your team is disintegrating before our eyes.  Kobe Bryant is losing his mind.  Pao Gasol has sore gluteal muscles.  Andrew Bynum even when he "gets healthy" is still going to be Inspector Gadget on that knee and probably only play the first quarters of games before retreating to the ice bin.  Derek Fisher actually is too old this year after being almost too old for years now.  Lamar Odom is more interested in Keeping Up With The Kardashians than in playing serious competitive basketball.  It's a Hollywood Cream Puff Team falling apart like a Hollywood Cream Puff Pie.  Garnett doesn't get injured you don't win your first championship.  Perkins doesn't get injured you don't win last year.  These two championships have been opportunistic and lucky.  Lucky that Perkins decides to rip up his knee for no good reason in Game 6.  Lucky that you got to beat Orlando instead of losing to the Celtics for a second straight year.  There is no justification for yellow!!!!!!
    Posted by mac1980

Mac, this is lame.  Next you will start talking about how LA can't take credit for the Minneapolis championships when they did not even respect the trophies.  Or that Kobe and Barnes are not solid citizens because they have assaulted women.  Or that the Zen master does not match up to Red because Red stepped down at his peak and could have won many more championships if he had continued.  Or that LA would have lost to Sacramento if the refs had not called phantom fouls at critical moments.

The team is not disintigrating.  Yes, there are some concerns.  Kobe has kicked Bynum's knee in the past, when he was starting to be dominant.  Gasol is slowing down.  Odom may start feeling the burden from playing this summer.  Artest might do something to get arrested.  But there are positives as well.  Shannon Brown has decided to use up his shots for the year to carry the team in Bynunm's absence.  Fisher was on the floor for almost 29 mins.  Barnes is filling up for Artest's decline.

The Lakers will more than justify their home yellow!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Right now I actually think the Spurs are the team to beat in the NBA and not just because of their record.  And no offense, LA fans, but do you guys honestly think your schedule has been a challenge?  A highly average east team beat them in LA:  The Pacers.  LA is allowing more than 100 points in half of its games so far.  And honestly, most of those teams have no business putting up triple digits against any NBA team, much less LA.  By contrast, the C's have also allowed 100 points so far in seven games; the difference is, Boston is 6-1 in games wherein they've allowed triple digits.   And when LA comes east, they've got their hands full, more so than when Boston goes west.  LA isn't going to hang 115 on Boston, Miami, Atlanta or Orlando. 

Having said that, I also think LA will end up winning more than 50 games.  My guess is somewhere around 55, barring injury.  The Celtics struggled mightily after Chirstmas last year, but got hot, healthy and played ridiculous ball in the playoffs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Who would have thought that watching soccer games in Africa would result to the Lakers losing 4 straight games.

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Yes, Brady did engineer the drive....but against a prevent defense....what a horrible time for Lovie to call that.....I think Brady ended up with around 110 yards passing?  .......as for Belichick, more than one player said that they were told to do anything and everything to slow the Rams down....and to keep doing it until the ref's started throwing flags....this is kind of like our complaint about game seven in LA....the ref's called a consistent game through 3 1/2 quarters then started calling fouls on the Celts..in the SB, the ref's took away the Rams strength (speed, rhythm, and timing)....smart on his part.....also, there is a new book out that looks at the games that changed the NFL (co-written by Ron Jaworski)...said Belichick told the team to hit Marshall Faulk as hard as possible on every play, whether he was involved or not...there was a lot of holding going on...Martz was an idiot as far as I'm concerned and lost that game with his coaching...he was outsmarted by the "hoodie"....lastly....how about the alleged taping of the final walk through? Both Warner and Faulk said it was like the Pats knew what was coming on almost every play....they even called the plays at the line of scrimmage as the Rams were setting up...with all of the "Spygate" that is coming out....the first time it was ever brought up was by a former employee who claims it was, in fact, done....I wonder if there is any truth to that rumor?
    Posted by Duke4

The problem with your Superbowl to Finals comparison is that the Lakers were the beneficiaries of a very lopsided free throw discrepancy. The Pats didn't do anything the Rams weren't allowed to do. The Rams could have played physical. They chose not to. Had they been routinely penalized for penalties the Pats were getting away with, then you would have a case.

The 2001 Pats had no business being in a Superbowl. Let alone against a team like the Rams. What do you expect Belichick to do? Just lay down for the Rams? He found their weak spot and punched them in the mouth. And they simply couldn't handle it. Their recievers were soft. It wasn't an officiating issue. It was a matchup issue.

And I don't know how you can say the Pats were running wild and unchecked. The refs did call a ticky tack penalty on the Tebucky Jones turnover and touchdown that resulted in 14 points for the Rams. There was a hold/hit on Marshall Faulk on the other side of the field. Warner never even looked in his direction.  

Mike Martz was stubborn and arrogant amd it trickled down to some of the players. Remember Ricky Prohel's comments about a dynasty being born? If that's not taking your oppenent lightly,I don't know what is. That's something you save for the locker room. The fact that he said it in front of a camera, says a lot about the mentality of the man and the team.

As for the spygate "issue" now we are venturing into fantasy land. Just because some sleazebag writer goes on a fishing expedition 6 years after the fact and finds another lowlife to claim that something happened. Doesn't mean that it did. There has never been one shred of evidence produced to prove that the Pats taped the Rams walkthrough. Nothing.

I played high school and college football. There have been times where we walked of the field after having our heads handed to us and said "Man, it's like they knew what was coming." Jesus, we didn't mean it literally. Neither did Faulk and Warner. They were shellshocked. This was a team that was used to having it's way with it's opponents. And they had finally been shut down. They were stunned. It's easier than just admitting they got beat.

And even if the Pats had taped the walkthrough (which they didn't) it wouldn't have done them much good- let alone allowed them to predict what plays the Rams were running.

The Pats had 16 weeks of game tape to study. Including a very close game where they played the Rams earlier that year.

If it makes you feel any better, the Pats had the shoe on the other foot a few years later. Beaten by a team that shouldn't have been able to get within two touchdowns of them. You can forget about the ridiculous holding on the helmet catch. Or even Samuel's dropped game winning pick. Ultimately, the coaching staff's refusal to make the neccesary adjustments offensively did us in. At least you lost to a powerhouse like the Pats. We got taken out by the lowly one hit wonder: the Giants.And Eli freaking Manning. We lost 19-0 And didn't even get beaten by a team any Pats fans respected.

We both got to see our team win a Superbowl. This is ancient history. You can't change 01 And I can't change 07 It's time to let it go. 

Anyway, the gf is out of town for the weekend. Going over to a friend's house to watch LeQueen vs Cleveland. Can't remember the last time I watched a non Celtics NBA game. I hate the NBA- but this one is a must see. Not feeling too confident in the Cavs thoiugh after watching them play against the Celtics the other night. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK buddy....nuff said on both sides....enjoy the game tonight....by the way...you can watch it on your computer....channelsurfing.net....a friend sent me the link and I've been using it for a while....not sure why it's free...but it does work....take care pal!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers with 4th loss in a row : Using your logic, I know in my heart that the Patriots won the the last nine Superbowls. Other than the fact that, you know, they technically didn't win the Superbowl every year. That seriously makes sense to you? Yeah, the Celtics got screwed in game 7 last year by the refs. And the officials suspiciously missed at least four Giants' holds on the helmet catch to hand the Giants the 07 Superbowl. But the refs didn't make Ray Allen shoot 0-16. And the zebras didn't force the Patriots to wait three and a half quarters to adjust to what the Giants were doing defensively. Mypoint is, shot happens. And the great teams find a way to overcome it. M aybe I'm comparing apples and oranges here. I firmly believe that NBA officiating is corrupt. The only thing I'm unsure of is the extent. I don't feel that way about any of the other major sports. All that being said, nobody made the Celtics lay down to the inferior team in game 6. With a chance to clinch a title, the Celtics didn't even show up. Do I think the Lakers got handed a championship they didn't earn? Yes. To a degree. But it is what it is. The Lakers ARE the champions. And nothing is going to change that. What mystifies me is one of the few Lakers fans to come on here and comport themselves with class, dignity and proper respect makes a reasoned post. And you attack him with greenkiller esque nonsense. Why can't we have reasonable discussions here with fans from other teams? I don't understand why things always have to devolve into chest thumping and name calling. I expect that sort of thing from the idiot trolls like martinilover and the lot. They can't help it- they aren't well. But for one of our own to be behaving like that is really disapointing. 
    Posted by df2

Up your nose with a rubber hose!

Sections
Shortcuts