LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

would cost too much and wouldn't make the C's an elite team. rondo, aldridge, green, and an unproven olynyk is not elite, sorry. i don't see DA overpaying for a non superstar like aldridge.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

it would take way too much. bottom line. if you think sully and a pick will get it done then you're dreaming. the blazers would demand a package that includes at least 2 of Boston's own #1 picks in 2014 and 2015. no way. if they are dumb enough to accept sully, bass, the Net's #1 in 2014, and the Clip's #1 in 2015, then i'm all in. but they would never take that deal. sully isn't as valued outside of boston, the Net's #1 in 2014 will be a late round pick, as will the Clips #1 in 2015. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

maybe sully,wallace, Melo and crawford plus picks for LA will do

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

LA is a steady player. good replacement for KG. has similar skills

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

would cost too much and wouldn't make the C's an elite team. rondo, aldridge, green, and an unproven olynyk is not elite, sorry. i don't see DA overpaying for a non superstar like aldridge.

i think he is worth on that price. he is better than griffin and jordan, just what i think

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Bass, Lee and Crawford

PLEASE take our junk!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Other than Lebron and Durant, the only other star players available in the near future are Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Marc Gasol, and Carmelo Anthony.

I think Aldridge is better than all of them except for Lebron and Durant.

Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, and Carmelo Anthony are all significantly better than LaMarcus Aldridge. Significantly!

Kevin Love is an elite rebounder, one of the best passing big men in the NBA, and can shoot 3s. Marc Gasol is an elite defender, passer, and is considered by most to be the premier center in the game. Carmelo has one of the most complete and diverse offensive repertoires in the game and is an underrated passer/rebounder.

Brook Lopez and Al Jefferson are on par with him, maybe a shade behind.

LaMarcus Aldridge is a nice player who is capable of being the #2/#3 player on a championship team, but he is no savior and would not make the Cs elite. He reminds me of Chris Bosh for Toronto - except Chris Bosh in Toronto put up better numbers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ainge is armed with trading material.  He will determine if this is the type of move that will be made.  Ainge knows full well what avenues are available.   Will Rondo be on board? He knows better than any of us.  I have thought all along that this gathering of draft picks and contracts would result in 2007 situation not a rebuild over years.  This is who Danny is, not patient at all, a riverboat gambler.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Other than Lebron and Durant, the only other star players available in the near future are Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Marc Gasol, and Carmelo Anthony.

I think Aldridge is better than all of them except for Lebron and Durant.

Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, and Carmelo Anthony are all significantly better than LaMarcus Aldridge. Significantly!

Kevin Love is an elite rebounder, one of the best passing big men in the NBA, and can shoot 3s. Marc Gasol is an elite defender, passer, and is considered by most to be the premier center in the game. Carmelo has one of the most complete and diverse offensive repertoires in the game and is an underrated passer/rebounder.

LaMarcus Aldridge is a nice player who is capable of being the #2/#3 player on a championship team, but he is no savior and would not make the Cs elite. He reminds me of Chris Bosh for Toronto - except Chris Bosh in Toronto put up better numbers.

[/QUOTE]

Aldridge is better than Bosh forget the numbers.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

not bad depending on what we have to give up. i think they would ask that AB be included in the deal also.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Carmelo wants to play with Rondo...keep the powda dry for that...love to see Carmelo in a Boston uni; he's a beast.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kevin Love is an elite rebounder, but he's not as good as Aldridge on offense.

Marc Gasol is an elite defender and passer, but like what we saw in the playoffs, Marc Gasol is not capable of carrying a team. When the Griz needed to score, Marc Gasol couldn't deliver. The Griz ended up getting swept by the Spurs.

Carmelo is a great individual player, but he's not a team player. He needs the ball a lot and he shoots a lot. If you just want to win 50 games and make the playoffs every season then Melo's your man. But if you want a championship, you pass on Carmelo Anthony.

I already said Ainge would be building through the draft. So if we don't get Aldridge, I'm willing to wait. 

All I'm saying is Aldridge shortens the rebuilding process.

[/QUOTE]

In the Drew Gooden thread you just sais something along the lines of (paraphrasing) "every loss gets uscloser to Wiggins".

So then why do you want to bring in LA? Wouldn't that make our team better and therefore push us further away from him? What is your goal for the team? Do you want to develop young players, stink, and hit the lottery or do you want to keep Rondo, cash in on young assets, and bring in another mid-level star to be a 4-5 seed in the East for the next 3-4 years?

I don't disagree on the premise of using assets to cash in on a big name player, but I don't think LA is the one or that this is the right time. Not with the best crop of draft prospects in a decade looming along with Durant or Love potentially available in a season or two.

Personally, I'd try to swap Rondo for Kemba/2014 CHA 1st, bottom out, pick up two top 10 draft picks and go from there with more picks in 2015, '16, '17, '18 (Nets picks in 2017 & '18 could be quite valuable).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

As for your comments regarding Love, Gasol, and Carmelo.

Love is just as good of an offensive player - just different style. He crashes the offensive glass for easy putbacks and shoots threes. Aldridge is more of a mid-range shooter. Both valuable, just different.

Gasol can't carry a team? He carried them to the playoffs despite their owner shipping out Rudy Gay mid-season. He's still darn good and I'd prefer his skill set to LA's.

Although they haven't won anything yet, the jury is still out on the Carmelo-led Knicks. They are championship contenders whether you want to admit it or not. Using your logic, Durant isn't a player to build around because he shoots alot and the Thunder haven't won anything with him there. Same goes for D. Rose right? Chris Paul?

I've said it before and I'll say it again right now. To survive in the NBA you need one exceptional skill and to be a star you need multiple. Love has elite rebounding/passing/shooting, Gasol has elite defense/passing, and Carmelo is an elite scorer. Nothing about LA's game is elite. He is a well-rounded, jump shooting big man, but is not better than any of the three previous players mentioned.

Sections
Shortcuts