LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Here we go again...another day, another pipe dream move...let's call this "Terrible Trade Thursday"

well it's the OFF-season...we have nothing else to do unless you wnat to watch baseball!!

only another 180 days or so of mock trades left this year!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

If you are looking to win, you need players that will compete.  LA has not shown me that he competes.  This should be a pass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If they could trade Rondo for another Exception and 1rst round draft choice(s) and a servicable body or two I'd be down with his being traded. No offense to Rondo meant it's actually a compliment, as he's that damn good that the C's could ask for the moon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

THEY WOULD WANT HUMPH AS WELL FOR salary CAP RELIEF. to me that would b key for them.. clear up cap room and get picks.. become what the celtics were the last few weeks.. agree with poster that aldridge is the best available.. he and love are at the same level at worse.. bron and durant are the only 2 elites and neither are walkin thru those doors.. those b buzz guys and not coming just for bball

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Ainge is armed with trading material.  He will determine if this is the type of move that will be made.  Ainge knows full well what avenues are available.   Will Rondo be on board? He knows better than any of us.  I have thought all along that this gathering of draft picks and contracts would result in 2007 situation not a rebuild over years.  This is who Danny is, not patient at all, a riverboat gambler.

likewise!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAjtZOafwHQ

Look at the moves.

Aldridge can play with his back to the basket, shoot from the outside, has a jump hook, and can drive to the basket.

agreed! Aldridge knows how to play like a real PF, he is underrated 4. He has the ability to do fade away jumpers like KG, Dirk nowitzki and rasheed wallace. once named "lil sheed" because of his talent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you are looking to win, you need players that will compete.  LA has not shown me that he competes.  This should be a pass.

His playoff average is 19.8 ppg.

Are you saying that Aldridge is not worth Sully, Bradley, and draft pick/s?

[/QUOTE]

I am with you on this one, Fierce.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

i hope c's could get him. best ever to acquire after the perk-uncle jeff trade.

good work fierce! nice thread so far

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

same here! hope we could get LA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Archer1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Kevin Love is an elite rebounder, one of the best passing big men in the NBA, and can shoot 3s. Marc Gasol is an elite defender, passer, and is considered by most to be the premier center in the game. Carmelo has one of the most complete and diverse offensive repertoires in the game and is an underrated passer/rebounder.

Brook Lopez and Al Jefferson are on par with him, maybe a shade behind.

LaMarcus Aldridge is a nice player who is capable of being the #2/#3 player on a championship team, but he is no savior and would not make the Cs elite. He reminds me of Chris Bosh for Toronto - except Chris Bosh in Toronto put up better numbers.

Kevin Love is an elite rebounder, but he's not as good as Aldridge on offense.

Marc Gasol is an elite defender and passer, but like what we saw in the playoffs, Marc Gasol is not capable of carrying a team. When the Griz needed to score, Marc Gasol couldn't deliver. The Griz ended up getting swept by the Spurs.

Carmelo is a great individual player, but he's not a team player. He needs the ball a lot and he shoots a lot. If you just want to win 50 games and make the playoffs every season then Melo's your man. But if you want a championship, you pass on Carmelo Anthony.

I already said Ainge would be building through the draft. So if we don't get Aldridge, I'm willing to wait. 

All I'm saying is Aldridge shortens the rebuilding process.

[/QUOTE]

In the Drew Gooden thread you just sais something along the lines of (paraphrasing) "every loss gets uscloser to Wiggins".

So then why do you want to bring in LA? Wouldn't that make our team better and therefore push us further away from him? What is your goal for the team? Do you want to develop young players, stink, and hit the lottery or do you want to keep Rondo, cash in on young assets, and bring in another mid-level star to be a 4-5 seed in the East for the next 3-4 years?

I don't disagree on the premise of using assets to cash in on a big name player, but I don't think LA is the one or that this is the right time. Not with the best crop of draft prospects in a decade looming along with Durant or Love potentially available in a season or two.

Personally, I'd try to swap Rondo for Kemba/2014 CHA 1st, bottom out, pick up two top 10 draft picks and go from there with more picks in 2015, '16, '17, '18 (Nets picks in 2017 & '18 could be quite valuable).

[/QUOTE]

HUGE +1 Archer.

Patience people, patience.  Build thru the draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

No!  It's a ridiculous thread because the Celtics are not getting Aldridge!  I'll bet you every last penny that I own Aldridge does not go to the Celtics.  The better alternative is the Wiggins sweepstake. imo

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I like idea of LA  in green we be a decent team right away and keep reloading  as we go for next 5 years.

After the Mavericks finished off the sweep, Magic Johnson said that the Lakers "embarrassed the organization" and called the fouls on Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum "classless."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

I like idea of LA  in green we be a decent team right away and keep reloading  as we go for next 5 years.

After the Mavericks finished off the sweep, Magic Johnson said that the Lakers "embarrassed the organization" and called the fouls on Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum "classless."

Reality of this post is opinion!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it is not just about worth.  It also has to do with the belief that LA will become a big fixture in the line up and he is just not of quality enough to put us over the top.  His playoff average may be 19.8 but I have not seen him play with passion or dominte.  Getting LA would mean building a team that may make it to the second round of the playoff.

Don't get stuck with $14M in salary and player that is just short of being enough.  If necessary, pay more and a better player or gamble a little for the opportunity to get a better player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm on board with Aldridge too ... always loved his game and I'm not interested in trying our luck in the Wiggins sweepstacks ... Our track record in the lottery sucks big time and from a risk/reward perspective Aldridge with Green & Rondo makes for a nice core that can go places. Maybe Portland will be interested in the expiring contract of Humphries and another player/s and/or picks and Danny can get this done as soon as Portland realizes there's no sense in waiting till next year to move L.A.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

it would take way too much. bottom line. if you think sully and a pick will get it done then you're dreaming. the blazers would demand a package that includes at least 2 of Boston's own #1 picks in 2014 and 2015. no way. if they are dumb enough to accept sully, bass, the Net's #1 in 2014, and the Clip's #1 in 2015, then i'm all in. but they would never take that deal. sully isn't as valued outside of boston, the Net's #1 in 2014 will be a late round pick, as will the Clips #1 in 2015. 

Like I said, Sully, other players, and a draft pick or picks.

If not then continue with building through the draft.

[/QUOTE]

why would the blazers want sully? they would want olynyk and several #1 picks, minimum. aldridge has 2 years left on his deal, they aren't going to give him away for Boston's mediocre young guys. sully is mediocre, olynyk is unproven, bradley is an undersized defensive guard... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Aldridge, Olynyk, Green, Brooks, and Rondo would an interesting lineup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to mitchwiggins' comment:

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

No!  It's a ridiculous thread because the Celtics are not getting Aldridge!  I'll bet you every last penny that I own Aldridge does not go to the Celtics.  The better alternative is the Wiggins sweepstake. imo

[/QUOTE]

i agree. there are no deals involving aldridge and boston that make sense. either the blazers would reject boston's offer or boston would have to give up too much. i don't think they care for any player currently on boston's roster, they would want several #1 picks. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Aldridge, Olynyk, Green, Brooks, and Rondo would an interesting lineup.

1st, thats a mediocre team. 2nd, how do u get aldridge without giving up at least one of those guys?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

It's clear that Aldridge prefers to leave Portland but the Blazers won't trade him unless they're getting back fair value, and they've reportedly been turned down by the Bulls (a deal involving Joakim Noah), Timberwolves (Kevin Love), Clippers (Blake Griffin), Hawks (Al Horford) and Pelicans (Anthony Davis).

and here we are talking about a deal for aldridge centered around jared sullinger.. LMAO what a joke.