LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

In response to MrCricket's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Aldridge, Olynyk, Green, Brooks, and Rondo would an interesting lineup.

1st, thats a mediocre team. 2nd, how do u get aldridge without giving up at least one of those guys?

[/QUOTE]

By giving up a couple of first round picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Aldridge, Olynyk, Green, Brooks, and Rondo would an interesting lineup.

1st, thats a mediocre team. 2nd, how do u get aldridge without giving up at least one of those guys?

[/QUOTE]

By giving up a couple of first round picks.

[/QUOTE]

so you would give up olynyk and boston's own first round picks in 2014-15 for aldridge? that would be about the minimum that the blazers would accept. this isn't a 30 year old ray allen type situation. aldrige is a 27 year old all-star caliber big with 2 years still left on his deal. the blazers hold all the leverage and their owner is known to demand more than he willing to give.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

If we get Aldridge, doesn't that just make us Portland East?  What has Portaland won with Aldridge?  Batum, Aldridge, Lillard, Matthews is not much worse than Green, Aldridge, Rondo, Brooks.  Not sold on Aldridge.  I like him, but it depends on the price.  Also, a move like that may just catapult us to mediocrity.  I'd stay the course right now and build through the draft.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

i think DA's main focus going forward will be moving wallace's contract. the ideal partner imo would be the pelicans. they have no pure SF and could trade eric gordon's bad contract for one that fills a need (wallace). with holiday, evans, anderson, and davis, the pelicans have plenty of young talent. what they don't have is veteran leadership and "glue" guys. maybe they would accept wallace, bass, and crawford for gordon, and jason smith. 

gordon has been an injury prone nightmare for the pelicans and is still due around $43M over the next 3 seasons, but is young enough (24) to rebound to his clippers form as a 20ppg scorer. i would much rather gamble on 24yo gordon for $43M over 3 years, than i would 30yo wallace at $31M over 3 years. plus boston would also get rid of bass' and crawford's contracts while jason smith is a FA after the 13-14 season. 

the pelicans would instantly get deeper and tougher.

C Olynyk/Smith

PF Sullinger/Humphries

SF Green/Bogans

SG Gordon/Brooks/Lee

PG Rondo/Bradley

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's clear that Aldridge prefers to leave Portland but the Blazers won't trade him unless they're getting back fair value, and they've reportedly been turned down by the Bulls (a deal involving Joakim Noah), Timberwolves (Kevin Love), Clippers (Blake Griffin), Hawks (Al Horford) and Pelicans (Anthony Davis).

and here we are talking about a deal for aldridge centered around jared sullinger.. LMAO what a joke.

http://www.csnnw.com/blog/blazers-talk/source-aldridges-rep-meets-olshey-talk-trade-scenarios

Prospective teams holding the rights to Joakim Noah, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Al Horford and Anthony Davis, as of now, have declined to involve their franchise players in any potential deals for Aldridge, a league source told CSNNW.com.

That means those teams feel their players are more valuable than Aldridge and are not even interested in opening discussions with Portland. GM Olshey is looking for those type of players in return for his player but it appears he's set his site too high. He's going to have to lower expectations and though he says he doesn't want picks, one very good veteran player and a pick or two may be the best he can do unless he's willing to take an Expiring Contract (Hump) or a TPE for a reset at that position.

[/QUOTE]

what very good veteran does boston have to offer? there's a big difference between noah, love, griffin, horford, davis, and...... humphries, or bass, or lee, or injured sully. show me a tradechecker approved deal that makes sense for aldridge. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Nothing can happen until September......that's when Part II of Ainge's Masterplan will be revealed....

Remember how down we all were after Ainge traded #5 pick Jeff Green for Ray Allen back in June07

Then months later, the KG trade happens and it all made perfect sense....

Let's see what Ainge turns Wallace, Humphries and Bogans into (plus Bass & Lee) come September

Already, getting three #1 picks (plus the option to switch picks with Brooklyn) , the $10.3M trade exception , and drafting Kelly Olynyk (Shane Larkin broke his ankle already !) is a fantastic beginning to the Celtics rebuild...... plus , the hiring of Brad Stevens looks like inspired genius....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's clear that Aldridge prefers to leave Portland but the Blazers won't trade him unless they're getting back fair value, and they've reportedly been turned down by the Bulls (a deal involving Joakim Noah), Timberwolves (Kevin Love), Clippers (Blake Griffin), Hawks (Al Horford) and Pelicans (Anthony Davis).

and here we are talking about a deal for aldridge centered around jared sullinger.. LMAO what a joke.

http://www.csnnw.com/blog/blazers-talk/source-aldridges-rep-meets-olshey-talk-trade-scenarios

Prospective teams holding the rights to Joakim Noah, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Al Horford and Anthony Davis, as of now, have declined to involve their franchise players in any potential deals for Aldridge, a league source told CSNNW.com.

That means those teams feel their players are more valuable than Aldridge and are not even interested in opening discussions with Portland. GM Olshey is looking for those type of players in return for his player but it appears he's set his site too high. He's going to have to lower expectations and though he says he doesn't want picks, one very good veteran player and a pick or two may be the best he can do unless he's willing to take an Expiring Contract (Hump) or a TPE for a reset at that position.

[/QUOTE]

what very good veteran does boston have to offer? there's a big difference between noah, love, griffin, horford, davis, and...... humphries, or bass, or lee, or injured sully. show me a tradechecker approved deal that makes sense for aldridge. 

[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pnxv6k7

and two seconds within next year or two or a 1st but not until 2015 or 2016.

They can trade either by the deadline for an upgrade at PF or hold Hump for cap space to sign a free agent next year with Bass as trade bait.

[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, kevin mchale doesn't work for portland lol. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Nothing can happen until September......that's when Part II of Ainge's Masterplan will be revealed....

Remember how down we all were after Ainge traded #5 pick Jeff Green for Ray Allen back in June07

Then months later, the KG trade happens and it all made perfect sense....

Let's see what Ainge turns Wallace, Humphries and Bogans into (plus Bass & Lee) come September

Already, getting three #1 picks (plus the option to switch picks with Brooklyn) , the $10.3M trade exception , and drafting Kelly Olynyk (Shane Larkin broke his ankle already !) is a fantastic beginning to the Celtics rebuild...... plus , the hiring of Brad Stevens looks like inspired genius....

+1

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

You just said it yourself, the Blazers were turned down by all those teams!

If the Blazers can't even get Al Hoford for Aldridge then that means the team with the best offer will likely end up getting Aldridge.

Why the Blazers would want Sully?

Right now the Blazers are building around Lillard, Batum, McCollum, and Meyers Leonard. They're lacking a starting PF.

And like I said, this is just a discussion on how to shorten the rebuilding process. 

If not then I'll gladly wait 5-10 years for the Celts to be relevant again.

There is no shortcut. 

OKC is one of the most successful teams to build through the draft and it took them 5 years.

2007 - Durant and Jeff Green

2008 - Westbrook and Ibaka

2009 - Harden

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Some people here say the Celts should get as much cap as possible so that the Celts can sign a big name free-agent in the near future.

LaMarcus Aldridge is one of those big name free-agents.

I agree with you. Danny if he sees fit will do something like Aldridge.  I believe Danny will not depend on the draft to rebuild. He will build the team as he did before with trading the draft picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

[QUOTE]

Some people here say the Celts should get as much cap as possible so that the Celts can sign a big name free-agent in the near future.

LaMarcus Aldridge is one of those big name free-agents.

I agree with you. Danny if he sees fit will do something like Aldridge.  I believe Danny will not depend on the draft to rebuild. He will build the team as he did before with trading the draft picks.

[/QUOTE]

No, Danny will not build JUST through the draft.  When OKC started rebuilding, they did not have a Rondo, a Jeff Green and promising draft picks.  Danny has quality players, potential cap room if he can find some takers and a very large number of draft picks some of which have potential to be high draft picks.  If Danny can clear cap room this year, the Celts will have develped players, draft picks, cap room and can focus on putting together a quality team.  The Celts need to get into lottery in 2014 and then put together a quality team and let NJ suffer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

You just said it yourself, the Blazers were turned down by all those teams!

If the Blazers can't even get Al Hoford for Aldridge then that means the team with the best offer will likely end up getting Aldridge.

Why the Blazers would want Sully?

Right now the Blazers are building around Lillard, Batum, McCollum, and Meyers Leonard. They're lacking a starting PF.

And like I said, this is just a discussion on how to shorten the rebuilding process. 

If not then I'll gladly wait 5-10 years for the Celts to be relevant again.

There is no shortcut. 

OKC is one of the most successful teams to build through the draft and it took them 5 years.

2007 - Durant and Jeff Green

2008 - Westbrook and Ibaka

2009 - Harden

[/QUOTE]

ok, obviously there is some homerism going on here and people just don't understand that jared sullinger hasn't proven anything and is an injury prone mediocre talent. people also don't understand that the blazers own the rights to LA for 2 more years and are not desperate to trade him. 

so, when the blazers start showing interest in... jared.. sullinger... please let me know. i only wish the blazers were that dumb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Hopefully the Blazers didn't see Sully walking around the Orlando summer league.  He looked like big baby's FATTER brother.   His b00bs and  azz were kardashianesque!  Don't tell Humphries!  That brain dead metrosexual may get a little handsy.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

ok, obviously there is some homerism going on here and people just don't understand that jared sullinger hasn't proven anything and is an injury prone mediocre talent. people also don't understand that the blazers own the rights to LA for 2 more years and are not desperate to trade him. 

so, when the blazers start showing interest in... jared.. sullinger... please let me know. i only wish the blazers were that dumb.

Obviously you didn't read my entire post.

I said Sullinger, other players, and draft picks or a draft pick.

There's no way the Blazers would agree to a Sullinger for Aldridge swap.

[/QUOTE]

what picks? what players? if you're the blazers why do you even want sully? why not demand olynyk? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

Obviously you didn't read my entire post.

I said Sullinger, other players, and draft picks or a draft pick.

There's no way the Blazers would agree to a Sullinger for Aldridge swap.

[/QUOTE]

how about using tpe?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts