LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge On The Move

Do DA and Stevens think a team that contains a core of RR, JG, LA, KO (and C's 2014 1st round pick) can compete and or beat the better teams in the East in 2014-15?

If the answer is yes, you might see DA attempt to swing a deal for LA with remaining assets, including future 1st round picks.

The best time for this trade, if you are the Cs, is at the trade deadline and or next summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Wrapping up their Top 100 NBA players feature for SI.com, Ben Golliver and Rob Mahoney slot Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge No. 18:

The question that Aldridge can’t escape: Is he talented enough to be the No. 1 guy on a team that can go deep in the playoffs? It’s the same question that dogged Chris Bosh and Dirk Nowitzki, and those two took drastically different paths to answer it. Bosh subjugated himself to third-wheel status and won two rings for his ego-free move; Nowitzki waited for the perfect combination of veteran talent to surround him and saw his patience rewarded with a title of his own. Either scenario seems like it could work for Aldridge, but the Blazers aren’t blessed with the type of talent to make the Dirk route a plausible option in the short-term. That fact has only fueled the rumor mill.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It is my opinion that we aren't as bad as most people estimate and if we could give 2 1sts that MAYBE great palyers for a in their prime player, I'm all in. Deals in the NBA aren't solely based swapping equal talent but financial fluidity and the plan to bake a better cake. When we got KG the Wloves weren't getting equal value tangible assetts but got peices they felt could be turned into a positive step torward building a better franchise. The only way one could say definitively that Por. would or wouldn't go for a trade,is if you work in the Blazers front office.

I think adding Aldridge with our present roster would make us a good playoff team adding Aldridge and another peice through trdaing the other picks could be a repeat of the summer of 07,when ironically the experts and their ditto heads were saying we were 3-5 years from contending. Is Aldridge a LBJ/Kobe/KD talent level player ? No. Is he a very talented consistent player that with our existing core of players make us a top 10 team? Yes.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

In response to hondorondo's comment:

I think a team with Rondo, Green, Aldridge and Olynik is capable of being an elite team with another key addition. That leads to a question I have for those of you who have salary cap/salary matching expertise. If we were to acquire Aldridge through a trade for players and picks, can you describe some scenarios in terms of what kind of money we might have to spend before next season based on what expiring contracts we would be unlikely to involve in a trade for Aldridge? Thanks.

OKAYYYYYYYYYYY...and I bet you think Fungus' girlfriend is cute too!!!

DEEEEEEEAAAAMMMN!!! Baby got BACKS! Well, I guess it makes sense for Fungus though....Black men do love those big ones!!!! Especialy the big, fat, white, bigguns!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

In response to hondorondo's comment:

I think a team with Rondo, Green, Aldridge and Olynik is capable of being an elite team with another key addition. That leads to a question I have for those of you who have salary cap/salary matching expertise. If we were to acquire Aldridge through a trade for players and picks, can you describe some scenarios in terms of what kind of money we might have to spend before next season based on what expiring contracts we would be unlikely to involve in a trade for Aldridge? Thanks.

OKAYYYYYYYYYYY...and I bet you think Fungus' girlfriend is cute too!!!

DEEEEEEEAAAAMMMN!!! Baby got BACKS! Well, I guess it makes sense for Fungus though....Black men do love those big ones!!!! Especialy the big, fat, white, bigguns!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

http://www.csnnw.com/blog/blazers-talk/source-aldridges-rep-meets-olshey-talk-trade-scenarios

If the Celtics can get Aldridge then the rebuilding process will be shortened.

The Celts would have to give up Sully, other young players, and a draft pick or draft picks.

Rondo, Uncle Jeff, Aldridge, and Oly makes the Celts an elite team again.

The question is will Aldridge want to play for the Celtics?

laugh out loud gif

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

http://www.csnnw.com/blog/blazers-talk/source-aldridges-rep-meets-olshey-talk-trade-scenarios

The Celts would have to give up Sully, other young players, and a draft pick or draft picks.

laugh out loud gif

GK - glad to see you rolled out of the opium tent!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Thaks Fat Melo... I mean BSCP

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

Thaks Fat Melo... I mean BSCP

What is "thaks" GK?? Is that opium speak?? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Olynyk, Aldridge, JG would have to be the softest team in all of basketball history.   All 6'9" or above and none can get more than 6 rebounds in a game.   None can play defense (one "oooo" block per game, a la JG, isn't playing D).   None can create their shot. ... I don't  know why I'm even commenting on this post.   I know why.   This is the kind of deal DA would make.   He and his non talent judging self.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from benn. Show benn's posts

Sections
Shortcuts