LaMarcus Aldridge Wants Out of Portland!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

LaMarcus Aldridge Wants Out of Portland!

Dallas Mavericks Rumors: LaMarcus Aldridge Wants Out of Portland

October 4, 2013 6:26 pm EDT by Andrew Duffy

Jaime Valdez-USA TODAY

It appears that LaMarcus Aldridge no longer wants to play for the Portland Trailblazers. The 28-year-old Dallas native is unhappy with the direction of his current team, and may demand a trade if the situation doesn’t improve.

Aldridge played high school basketball for Seagoville High School in Dallas, and played collegiately at the University of Texas. While this implies that he has a strong connection to the area and the state, it doesn’t necessarily mean that he wants to play for the Dallas Mavericks.

However, sources indicate that the Mavericks are in fact on the short list of teams that Aldridge would approve a trade to, along with the Chicago Bulls or Los Angeles Clippers.

It can’t be known for sure whether these teams are the ones he would truly desire, or if his agent is name-dropping them for leverage, as seems to be the case frequently with the Mavericks. Interestingly, all three of the listed teams already have a dominant power forward on their roster, which implies that Aldridge would be willing to consider a switch over to center as his primary position.

In the past, Aldridge has been compared to Dirk Nowitzki because of his ability to hit an outside shot. However, he plays much closer to the basket, and could better be described as a smaller Tim Duncan or Pau Gasol, both players who have played a great deal of center in their careers.

The Mavericks have been searching for a starting center and an All-Star caliber player to take over the reigns of the team when Dirk retires. They had originally targeted Dwight Howard, but he decided to sign with the Houston Rockets instead. Currently, the Mavericks have Samuel Dalembert as their starting center.

It’s very early for this talk to be surfacing, so expect it to intensify during the season, especially if the Trailblazers disappoint. It has been a common practice in recent years for unhappy players to force their way into a trade, like Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul did. The Mavericks will almost certainly be at the center of nearly every trade rumor, so take them all with a grain of salt. This one just makes a little too much sense not to salivate over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge Wants Out of Portland!

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

to me it makes no sense to have both playing together.  dirk has a little more range but essentially they play the same position.  Neither really are centers...both a stretch 4's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

to me it makes no sense to have both playing together.  dirk has a little more range but essentially they play the same position.  Neither really are centers...both a stretch 4's.

It would be hilarious ...if the Clips include Jordan in a package to get LA ..... after Docs continuous high praise...... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Chicago is probably the best fit out of those three teams, if they can somehow include Boozer in the trade. That would be a scary big team with Rose, Butler, Deng, Aldrdidge, Noah

Not sure if the Bulls have the pieces to give Portland. They almost certainly would want Butler & Gibson.

I don't like Aldridge for the Celtics. I'm not sure defensively he would work as a Center, and we have too many servicable PFs right now. I'd rather spend the year watching Sully & Olynyk play it out to determine how that could work going forward. The only caveat is that Alrdidge would be a phenomincal offensive threat paired with Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Chicago is probably the best fit out of those three teams, if they can somehow include Boozer in the trade. That would be a scary big team with Rose, Butler, Deng, Aldrdidge, Noah

Not sure if the Bulls have the pieces to give Portland. They almost certainly would want Butler & Gibson.

I don't like Aldridge for the Celtics. I'm not sure defensively he would work as a Center, and we have too many servicable PFs right now. I'd rather spend the year watching Sully & Olynyk play it out to determine how that could work going forward. The only caveat is that Alrdidge would be a phenomincal offensive threat paired with Rondo.

R9R, Good points. I agree with you technically about the fit between Aldridge and the C's. However, it would seem that a combination of Aldridge and 2 of (Green, Oly, Sully, Humphries, Wallace) would be ble to adequately defend the rim, especially given the lucrative offensive options that could develop with Aldridge and Rondo.

To the board's salary experts, do we have any package that Portland would want? I think we should keep Rondo, Sully, Oly, Green and preferably Bradley.

Thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

We are not on the short list and why would Aldridge even have any inkling of wanting to come here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

We are not on the short list and why would Aldridge even have any inkling of wanting to come here?

A better question is why would we want him?

As others have opined, Aldridge is just another stretch PF and we're set with short and long term talent there.  If we're gonna spend the $$/resource it would take to secure Aldredge long term, we are much better off spending that on ANY other position, with a true center as the highest priority.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

A better question is why would we want him?

As others have opined, Aldridge is just another stretch PF and we're set with short and long term talent there.  If we're gonna spend the $$/resource it would take to secure Aldredge long term, we are much better off spending that on ANY other position, with a true center as the highest priority.  

Long term I would take Aldridge, I don't think we are set at that position.  Oly might be similar player but I don't know at this point he will be anything as good, Sully could come along but his ceiling is not that high IMO.  True center and a good one is a rare breed, you can't even get one after you try and try.  I'll take any all-star type player at PF at this point.  But he is not coming here, not in any foreseeable time frame and not while we are tanking for the next draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hondorondo's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

R9R, Good points. I agree with you technically about the fit between Aldridge and the C's. However, it would seem that a combination of Aldridge and 2 of (Green, Oly, Sully, Humphries, Wallace) would be ble to adequately defend the rim, especially given the lucrative offensive options that could develop with Aldridge and Rondo.

To the board's salary experts, do we have any package that Portland would want? I think we should keep Rondo, Sully, Oly, Green and preferably Bradley.

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Hey man - if you could make my dream come true of getting Hayward in Green... I think there would be enough rim protection. I'd love a team where you get Hayward & Aldridge and retain Rondo, Bradley, Green and either Sully or Olynyk. 

Sections
Shortcuts