Larry Brown wants to join the Celtics staff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Larry Brown wants to join the Celtics staff

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_larry_brown_celtics_072311

It appears Larry Brown wants to join the Celtics as a assitant to Rivers. Since Frank is going to probably going to coach the Pistons, this is a very well capable replacement. What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Larry Brown wants to join the Celtics staff

I can't see Larry Brown playing second fiddle. He's too used to being the man calling the shots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Larry Brown wants to join the Celtics staff:
    [QUOTE]I can't see Larry Brown playing second fiddle. He's too used to being the man calling the shots.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

diddnt doc once coach or play with brown? could work.. his ego and expectations are no longer the same. another one and done..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I can't see Larry Brown playing second fiddle. He's too used to being the man calling the shots.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

As I've read it, Larry Brown has a great relationship with Doc, such that Brown actually could be a #2 to Doc, whereas this might not work if they weren't so close

Plus Larry Brown has fallen off the radar.  He knows it's his chance to audition for a job

And furthermore, Larry Brown turned the CHARLOTTE BOBCATS into a top defensive team.  Imagine what he could do with KG and maybe somebody like Dalembert or Fesenko

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think Larry Brown would be great as one of  Doc Rivers assistants.  He's almost 70 yrs old and at this point , would probably rather focus on teaching and running practice , not to mention getting to end his career being around KG/PP/RA

Larry Brown would be great as a Cetics assistant , it would be a classy move and would give Doc Rivers even more stature as one of the very best coaches in the NBA.

Besides, at some point ALL TEAMS start tuning their coaches voice out....bringing in a fresh voice in the person of Larry Brown , a guy who commands respect and accountability , what a genius move to get all the old vets fired up to play defense, move the ball, and get thru the 82 game regular season grind.........absolutely a genius move. Good Cop Bad Cop. Doc can play all kinds of mind games - like if the team goes into a lackluster funk, he can threaten to walk away and pass the baton to Larry Brown. Think THAT would get everyone's attention ? Having to listen to Larry Brown full time ? Nooo thanks !

If this is true, I think it's a great move. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

always thought brown was overrated as a head coach. wouldn't necessarily rule him out as an assistant though. but doc's gotta make sure he won't be a disruption.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The comments about Larry Brown joining the Celtics remind me alot about the comments posted about Shaq joining the Celtics last year.  At least we wouldn't have to worry about Brown injuring himself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]The comments about Larry Brown joining the Celtics remind me alot about the comments posted about Shaq joining the Celtics last year.  At least we wouldn't have to worry about Brown injuring himself.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

lol 

"Larry Brown might not be able to help with defensive playcalling during timeouts on the sidelines during tonight's game because his arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome are acting up.  Team trainers are treating him and Ainge says he's 'day-to-day' while hoping that he's in good shape for the playoffs"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It would be an awsome addition to the team.. Doc works well with seasoned players and coaches..Brown can bring some expertise on the defensive side and overall respect by the veterans..the main assistant has to be able to command respect from  the players or they will tune him out quickly. Brown definitely fits the mold.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Plus it will be awsome to say the even our Assistant Coach could out coach the slackers coach....Brown vs Brown..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think Larry Brown can help with the development of the younger players, having been a successful college coach. It remains to be seen though if he can truly accept the role as an assistant to Doc.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Too many chefs spoil the broth.  We all understand that don't we?  Nice thought but Doc needs indians not chiefs.  Enough cliches for you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Too many chefs spoil the broth.  We all understand that don't we?  Nice thought but Doc needs indians not chiefs.  Enough cliches for you.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Well said.  Or as a high school STATE champion (volleyball) coach I worked for always said, "one voice from the bench!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    He'd be a great addition to Celtics coaching staff as long as he follows the party line and doesn't try to be the first fiddle.

AK

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I actually like this move. I was wrong on Brown in the opposite direction years ago. I heard he and Pitino were up for the Job to replace ML Carr. I could not believe the Celts were even considering hiring Brown over Pitino, who appeared he could walk on water at that point.

As the Who says...I won't be fooled again!

Come on board Larry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Who cares if the roster does not change. They need young shooters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

And a guy who can score in the post. And a shot blocker, and some depth....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

IF Brown can accept a more limited role , it could work out. After all, he's a HOF coach who won't wilt in the clutch moments.

My question remains about the C's and their need for rebounding.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Doc actually asked Larry once before.  Brown said no, Doc went  ahead and hired Thibs, then Brown changed his mind, but it was too late.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

larry brown, the original farrt in the wind of a professional coach.  "yeah, i really really really really want the job, we'll win a championship here".  40 games later, "i think it's time for me to move on".  so we want larry as-the-wind-blows here in beaner for one last run at the cup. 

the moment larry senses we won't win it all he'll just pack up and never be heard from again.

Sections
Shortcuts