Larry Hughes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xandari. Show xandari's posts

Larry Hughes

The florida sun-sentinel is reporting that the Celtics are interested in Larry Hughes.

Any comments or confirmation. Thanks!

Go Celtics!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Larry Hughes

Good post! I went to the electronic rumor mill and was not able to locate any information to confirm and or refute a pending deals with the C's.

What I did find was a recent article (ref: pro-sports.com) that speaks well of L. Hughes. Note, excerpt from the article pasted below.

"Many times in the last five years, the loss of Raymond Felton from the lineup was lethal to the Charlotte Bobcats' chances of winning a game. On Saturday night, while the playoff-bound Bobcats were playing a Detroit Pistons' team going nowhere, perhaps the biggest benefit of a dramatic 99-95 victory was the play of veteran Larry Hughes. With a sellout crowd of a 19,328 at Time Warner Cable Arena rooting on the Bobcats' in their first game at home since clinching the franchise's first playoff berth,Hughes shined as the backup point guard to normal backup point guard D.J. Augustin. "Where he was when he came here and where is now is dramatic," Bobcats coach Larry Brown said of Hughes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Hughes has been mentioned is several Celtics blogs.  He's a good player.  The problem is what they really need is someone who can spell PP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xandari. Show xandari's posts

In Response to Larry Hughes:
    [QUOTE]The florida sun-sentinel is reporting that the Celtics are interested in Larry Hughes. Any comments or confirmation. Thanks! Go Celtics!!
    Posted by xandari[/QUOTE]

August 6, 2010

Q: I think Riley needs to sign Larry Hughes for two reasons: One, the Celtics are looking at him now, and we should beat them to the punch. And two (the more important reason), the Heat could honestly use a defensive swing man off the bench. The Heat don't have that guy off the bench. Cut Juwan Howard if need be. -- Martin.

A: I don't disagree (about the Hughes part, not necessarily the Juwan solution). But if you're Hughes' agent, where is the better place to position your client: As a primary backup to Paul Pierce or Ray Allen or Rajon Rondo, or as third string somewhere on the Heat depth chart.

Q: A lot is being spoken of and mentioned as a potential weakness on the 2010-2011 version of the Heat: no defensive stopper. First, I believe Joel Anthony will be a Top 5 shot blocker in this league and a very good defensive presence who will allow the likes of Wade, James and Chalmers to play the passing lanes -- Jose.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-askira,0,4255444.story

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xandari. Show xandari's posts

Larry Hughes headed to Celtics or Bobcats?

Larry HughesNow that Shaquille O'Neal(notes) is moving to New England to help fill the big-man role the Boston Celtics needed in order to replace the injured Kendrick Perkins(notes), there is one other open spot left.

Yahoo! Sports' Marc J. Spears is reporting that the swingman slot behind Paul Pierce(notes) and Ray Allen(notes) could be filled by free-agent Larry Hughes(notes).

The St. Louis native who has been in the league since 1998 averaged 9.1 points, 3.2 rebounds and three assists per game last season for the Charlotte Bobcats and New York Knicks.

Spears hears that Hughes is looking good in workouts, and that the Celtics and Bobcats both have interest in him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

Hughes rarely had a double figure game last year, but he is a vet, he can be good on D and at times he can shoot well. He would be a nice addition depending on the price.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

If the C's hadn't signed Van Wafer, going after Hughes may make sense. Currently going after him makes no sense for the C's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Larry Hughes:
    [QUOTE]If the C's hadn't signed Van Wafer, going after Hughes may make sense. Currently going after him makes no sense for the C's.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    not so sure... Hughes proved last season he could still score the ball. What did Wafer prove?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hughes is nothing to get excited about. His career is proof of that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Hughes : not so sure... Hughes proved last season he could still score the ball. What did Wafer prove?
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]
       Von Wafer had a very good season in 2008-2009. Check his stats with the Rockets that season. They're impressive. Secondly he's only 25 years old. I've answered your question.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

No

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Being droped by a Euro team doesn't look that great on a resume, although he played ok in Houston. I'd prefer Hughes of the two, but Von Wafer is ok.  I don't see either as the true SF they lack.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Hughes :    Von Wafer had a very good season in 2008-2009. Check his stats with the Rockets that season. They're impressive. Secondly he's only 25 years old. I've answered your question.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    fact! If we get the 08-09 Wafer I'd be glad! But he had a dissapointing carreer in europe so let's just wait and see... He is not the first guy who looked promising for a while.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishDrunk. Show IrishDrunk's posts

LOL.  He would be a perfect Celtic - no class, and a complete moron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I wanted Larry Hughes 6 years ago and our big FA signing was Scalasuck. I don't know if he is worth not giving Harangody a roster spot now unless we move Sheeds contract for future picks or something.

Sections
Shortcuts