LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN; RONDO'S still 25 straight games from his 44, EDGE to MAGIC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN; RONDO'S still 25 straight games from his 44, EDGE to MAGIC?

just giving y'all a heads up.. sure its about their upcoming broadway play!was a great show.. still, after watching the end of the celtic game, it just became way toooo obvious that Magic was the better player.

man, can you imagine a guy going 44 straight Nba games with double digits in assists? that means he showed up every day and contributed, never got kicked out, made his teammates better and never got inhured early! Plus, unlike Rondo, magic was goood fro double digits in points and rebounds almost every night as well. The man was the triple double king! rondo actually makes me appreciate magic even more. now, bird was no slouch, he just wasn't as good as magic.. period! put magic in boston mchale and parrish and they win 5 rings. put bird in LA with kareem, worthy and DJ at the point, they aint winning 5 rings!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN TONIGHT!

I miss them going against each other then being friends.  Wilt and Russ were the only other two that could be foes and friends for life.  Only thing MJ never had was the rival player who was just as good. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

MAN, THEY GOT MOST OF THE hour. what did i learn?:

1. They both dreamed about each other at night when they went to sleep (magic had me and the audience cringing at that one), trying to think of how to beat the other.

2. Larry loved  Ervin but hated MAGIC. Got tired of seeing those teeth flashing all the time, he just wanted to knock three of them out!

3. The relationship changed when Magic went to Larry's house to film their Converse commercial (Larry had just won in '84 and insisted that magic come to his own turf). Magic was walking away at lunch to eat with his boys when larry invited him over to his home. magic was shocked and when he got there larry's ma hugged him hello just as his mom used to hug him. Then she said magic was her fave player!

4. Magic said he still enjoys every second of larry's misery in describing his defeat in the 1979 NCAAs. That was his job to bring as much pain and hurt to larry as it was to larry to do the same.

5. liked how both guys give sout-outs to all the other guys who contributed in transforming the nba when dave tried to give them all the credit. They mentioned stockton, barkley, ewing, olajuwon and others who came right after them. then they both agreed that michael got the baton and took it to a whole different level.

6. Best moment was when they were describing who was better. very cool. larry said magic was hands-down the better player for he goes by hardware and magic beat him in college and more in the pros. liked how he saqid it was due to cheating by the refs. these guys still have that competitive fire. dave is from indiana and clearly is a larry guy but was fair and kept jabbing them to declare one the superior player. magic didn't take the bait. he said larry was better for he did more on the court than magic could. also said that he was always in fear for he knew that larry could easily beat him if he slipped up just an inch. loved how magic just shut dave up by saying that larry was the better forward and he was the better guard.

GREAT SHOW and SEGMENT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Magic- 5 NBA championships & NCAA championship!

Bird- 3 NBA championships.

Game over....thanks for playing Larry but 2nd is as 2nd does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

In Response to Re: LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN TONIGHT!:
    [QUOTE]Magic- 5 NBA championships & NCAA championship! Bird- 3 NBA championships. Game over....thanks for playing Larry but 2nd is as 2nd does.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Bill Russell 13 seasons played 11 titles a number that will NEVER be repeated !  Thanks for playing :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN TONIGHT!": [QUOTE]Magic- 5 NBA championships & NCAA championship! Bird- 3 NBA championships. Game over....thanks for playing Larry but 2nd is as 2nd does. Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE] Bill Russel 14 NBA championships, NCAA championships & and Olympic Gold.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN; RONDO'S still 26 straight games from his 44, EDGE to MAGIC?

In Response to LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN; RONDO'S still 26 straight games from his 44, EDGE to MAGIC?:
    [QUOTE]just giving you'all a heads up.. sure its about their upcoming broadway play!was a great show.. still, after watching the end of the celtic game, it just became way toooo obvious that Magic was the better player. man, can you imagine a guy going 44 straight Nba games with double digits in assists? that means he showed up every day and contributed, never got kicked out, made his teammates better and never got inhured early! Plus, unlike Rondo, magic was goood fro double digits in points and rebounds almost every night as well. The man was the triple double king! rondo actually makes me appreciate magic even more. now, bird was no slouch, he just wasn't as good as magic.. period! put magic in boston mchale and parrish and they win 5 rings. put bird in LA with kareem, worthy and DJ at the point, they aint winning 5 rings!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Too put your flip no knowledge statements is hard enough to take with today's Celtics comments.  But to talk about Bird and Magic and make your foolish assessments proves  you know nothing about pro sports.

Bird won his championships with his efforts being the principle reason the team won.  Bird's injuries are the only thing that kept him from winning two more championships.   Magic was great but for someone so flip and with no substance in her arguments to make non-sensical statements like you do.  I wondered have you thought of getting a dog to keep you company.  You need a friend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In Response to Re: LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN TONIGHT!:
    [QUOTE]Magic- 5 NBA championships & NCAA championship! Bird- 3 NBA championships. Game over....thanks for playing Larry but 2nd is as 2nd does.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Gee...  always heard basketball was a team game.  Was'nt aware Magic won 5, and Larry 3.  If this were tennis I would give you your respect on your sarcastic comment and simply nod my head in agreement.

But...

If it's numbers you measure greatness on let's play that game.

Larry Bird(career avg.)          24.3pts   10.0reb    6.3ast      

Magic Johnson(car avg.)       19.5pts     7.2reb   11.2ast

Still looks fairly even if you compare Birds rebounds to Magics assists and vice versa making those two categories a-wash.  Now ppg shows Larry to clearly have a 5pt advantage overall on his career.  Interesting. 

I like to make it simple and just add the 3 categories across to compare/contrast lifetime stats.  Larry's cumalative score is 40.6,   Magic's 37.9.

Game. Set. Match...  for all you tennis fan's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: LARRY +MAGIC ON LETTERMAN; RONDO'S still 25 straight games from his 44, EDGE to MAGIC?

It should be a great play.  I hope that I have a chance to see it sometime.