Lasme

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Re: Lasme

I was very impressed with Lasme as well.  Some might say he played against the 3rd stringers or NBA-fringe type players for PHIL and NJ and anybody can look good.  But so did Harongody and Wafer, and what did they do?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

He's really really really raw,but I've always felt every good team needs an athletic freak. If I read the transaction log on yahoo right his contract is guaranteed. he gets up and does faster than most,being a quick leaper in the NBA is a definite good quality to possess

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Yeah, the little I saw of him I liked. Wafer made too many stupid mistakes of both commission and omission to be taken seriously, while Harangody looks like a YMCA reject who knew somebody who got him a tryout. He's almost worthless as a player. Lasme at least has match up value, i.e. bring him in to defend someone at last shot time, etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

a travis outlaw type of player. Cant believe he is out without a team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

If I remember well, Lasme had recorded 4 triple doubles in his last season in NCAA. And all of those were point-rebound-block triple-doubles. Statwise, that was quite an achievement, and shows the defensive potential he has.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

After watching the game against the Nets I came away with negative thoughts about all four of these guys: Lasme,Mario West, Harangody and Von Wafer. They looked like they were the gang that couldn't shoot straight and they had no direction or cohesiveness. In my mind none of these guys distinguished themselves in that game. Nate,Delonte both did a good job and so did Quise as well as Erdan,but after that blah!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

I didnt have the opportunity to see him play but his profile on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephane_Lasme is pretty impressive, especially on the defensive end and glass!  We all know performances in the ncaa often mean zilcho in the pro arena but shizzle sticks, averaging over 5 blocks a game at 6'8'' is rare.  A great leaper and quick as hell, he could make for a lock down defender off the bench and allow Doc to go small in a big way. Of the four mentioned in this thread, he seems the only one who can offer the celtics something they don't already have.  Will he make the cut?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Lasme has been interesting and we all know the C's could use a good 6'7 or 6'8 defender to back up Pierce. There are 6 more preseason games left and we will get more to see. Of the guys who's fighting for a spot on the the team, Lasme has been the most impressive. Wafer and Harrangody haven't looked good as of yet. We'll know a little more after each pre-season game.
       I'm actually looking forward to watch J. O'neal play his first game for the C's today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Unless someone else is picked up during training camp, the Celts have 4 players for two spots. West, Wafer, Harangrody, and Lasme. Unless either Wafer, Harangordy, or West pick up the pace, Lasme is in and those three are fighting for one spot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think Lasme can play, the Celtics should keep him. He played well tonight against Toronto. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"I think Lasme can play, the Celtics should keep him. He played well tonight against Toronto." 

and hes a UMASS grad
    No Umie has ever made the Celts

IF Luke H.  got it  he aint showing it

awful on wide open shots.

Wafer looks lost

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Lasme:
    [QUOTE]"I think Lasme can play, the Celtics should keep him. He played well tonight against Toronto."  and hes a UMASS grad No Umie has ever made the Celts IF Luke H.  got it  he aint showing it awful on wide open shots. Wafer looks lost
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

Harangody will definitely end up in the D-League. Lucky for him the Cs gave him a guaranteed 2-year contract. 

Wafer does look lost. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Any one have a box score?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Never mind, I found it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Actually Lasme hasn't done much since the first Philly game. He had one loud dunk tonight and that was about it. He made a few stupid plays such as blowing a free throw rebound when he first entered the game and than I recall him making a silly foul while in the penalty.
        I wouldn't give a player too much credit for the Philly because Philly was playing several inexperienced players. That was part of the reason IMO that Erden and Lasme had big games.
       Harrangody didn't do anything offensively, but he did grab 5 boards in short minutes plus he tipped a couple rebounds to Celtic players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

Lasme was one of the best college players in his umass years my fav player he brings good pf skills to the table 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am a fan of his game.  He defends first and foremost and he is better offensively than I remember.  Not sure where he plays - 3 or 4 - but he looks like he could be a nice option off the bench. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I am a fan of his game.  He defends first and foremost and he is better offensively than I remember.  Not sure where he plays - 3 or 4 - but he looks like he could be a nice option off the bench. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

He's a PF, a quick PF. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Lasme is a nice story

kid from Gabon..   Umass grad

hassled by Immigration

Possible First Umie to mahe Celtics

Needs more minutes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Lasme is a nice story kid from Gabon..   Umass grad hassled by Immigration Possible First Umie to mahe Celtics Needs more minutes.
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE] Let me correct you as far as the first U-Mass player to make the team,he isn't the first U-Mass player to become a member of the Celtics,just last year Tony Gaffney was on the team at the end of the season and actually played a few minutes.Albeit garbage time minutes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

according to Rivers, there is a huge chance Lasme will make the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Lasme may not be as polished as Wafer. Lasme looks like a bit of a loose canon out there, but he does what he does very well. Rebounds. Contests shots. He is very athletic. This team has a lot of length, but outside of Nate and Rondo they are not very athletic. Lasme is the guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Lasme may not be as polished as Wafer. Lasme looks like a bit of a loose canon out there, but he does what he does very well. Rebounds. Contests shots. He is very athletic. This team has a lot of length, but outside of Nate and Rondo they are not very athletic. Lasme is the guy.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]
    Aside of Nate and Rondo they aren't very athletic? How much more athletic can K.G and J. O'neal be for 7 footers? Delonte West isn't athletic as well as Pierce, Allen, or Bradley? Ray Allen is a former slam dunk champion. Pierce is extremely agile and quick off the dribble for a man of 6'7 and 235 lbs.
        If you ask me the Celtics are loaded with great athletes. Lastly consider Shaq's agility for a man of 7'1 inches and weighs 330 lbs. Agility and hand eye coordination are the most important aspects of athleticism. 
         Examples: Kedrick Brown, Greg Minor and Marcus Banks. All 3 were very fast and terrific jumpers. However they lacked good basketball skills which requires good hand eye coordination and agility.
        Larry Bird had neither good speed or jumping skills, however his hand eye coordination and agility made him one of the greatest players of all time. Point made.

Sections
Shortcuts