Lasme

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Lasme

Haven`t seen him playing yet,
    but if he`s that athletic why can`t he play in the 3?
    With 6.8 he has the perfect size for a 3 to defend the LeBrons,
    Melos of the league.

He could be a larger version of Tony Allen.
    Defensive Stopper from the bench...

On the 4 we are already loaded especially when Perk is back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

In Response to Re: Lasme:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lasme : Let me correct you as far as the first U-Mass player to make the team,he isn't the first U-Mass player to become a member of the Celtics,just last year Tony Gaffney was on the team at the end of the season and actually played a few minutes.Albeit garbage time minutes.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Lafayette played some minutes in the last game last year, but I'm pretty sure Gaffney did not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

I like Lasme and hope he makes it, but those who dont like Harangody are missing a lot. His shot has not been falling but he is always in the right spot and he hustles and does the little things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Lasme has shown he can contribute something.  But even if he makes the team he'll likely just be an end of the bench player who doesn't get any minutes, unless somebody gets hurt.

Mario West has been invisible.

Harangody can't shoot and that's supposed to be one of his key strengths.  But his contract is guarnteed so he's more or less a shoe-in. 

Wafer has just been completely lost.  The look in his eyes almost says I have no chance.  Thankfully we were able to land D-West.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Mario West hasn't played enough minutes as of yet to show his stuff. It's very difficult to sit on the bench all game and than come in the last 3 or 4 minutes and play well. Players have to be given enough time to get into the groove of the game. Harrangody got plenty of minutes yesterday. Lasme has been getting significant minutes. Neither West or Wafer have as of yet. There's still 5 pre-season games left to be played. Hopefully Doc will give the guys playing for a spot on the team more minutes, especially Lasme, Wafer and West.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lasme : Aside of Nate and Rondo they aren't very athletic? How much more athletic can K.G and J. O'neal be for 7 footers? Delonte West isn't athletic as well as Pierce, Allen, or Bradley? Ray Allen is a former slam dunk champion. Pierce is extremely agile and quick off the dribble for a man of 6'7 and 235 lbs.     If you ask me the Celtics are loaded with great athletes. Lastly consider Shaq's agility for a man of 7'1 inches and weighs 330 lbs. Agility and hand eye coordination are the most important aspects of athleticism.       Examples: Kedrick Brown, Greg Minor and Marcus Banks. All 3 were very fast and terrific jumpers. However they lacked good basketball skills which requires good hand eye coordination and agility.     Larry Bird had neither good speed or jumping skills, however his hand eye coordination and agility made him one of the greatest players of all time. Point made.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Yeah those guys were athletic. Many of them were extremely athletic and extremely skilled. Now they are just extremely skilled and still fairly athletic. Teams like the Hawks and Heat this year will demonstrate this point. Guys jumped over us last year. They are a step slower and their ability to jump is half of what it used to be.

As far as "Agility and hand eye coordination are the most important aspects of athleticism. " I think I would agree with that. The problem is that there are teams with players that we don't match up well with because we don't have defenders who can jump and contest shots.

I am not sure you had a point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from owenk. Show owenk's posts

I agree with most posters on here.  I think this is a great story, and I am now hoping Lasme makes the team over Wafer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lasme : Yeah those guys were athletic. Many of them were extremely athletic and extremely skilled. Now they are just extremely skilled and still fairly athletic. Teams like the Hawks and Heat this year will demonstrate this point. Guys jumped over us last year. They are a step slower and their ability to jump is half of what it used to be. As far as "Agility and hand eye coordination are the most important aspects of athleticism. " I think I would agree with that. The problem is that there are teams with players that we don't match up well with because we don't have defenders who can jump and contest shots. I am not sure you had a point.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]
         Shaq,Jermaine O'neal, Perk and K.G can't contest shots? Hogwash.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorUpside. Show majorUpside's posts

My father in law is a UMASS fan more than anything else and he's always telling me about any successful players they have on campus.  I actually went to see a few games with him when Lasme was there and have been following him online for the last few years.  I remember when he had a stint with the Heat a few seasons ago he looked pretty good on a bad team.  I thought he would catch on with an NBA team for good after that but no.  I'm hopeful he makes it on the C's.  As far as a comparison... he's not a guard that's for sure.  Maybe a Leon Powe sized PF... a bit on the smaller side.  He's probably just a strong (if not stronger) than Leon was and is by far quicker and faster.  Very good leaper off two feet and thus a great shot blocker (not sure how well that works playing against taller players, but he should contest most shots).  I think Leon was better on offense with put backs and post play. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lasme :      Shaq,Jermaine O'neal, Perk and K.G can't contest shots? Hogwash.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

They can because they are tall, but I don't see any of them guarding a shooting guard or a small forward. The inside is locked down for sure. This is why I said earlier that they have the length that they need, but they need athleticism. Spungerwaddle!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Everything says keep this guy. He may even be better than some of the trade opportunities that will inevitably come during the season.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Keeper.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Harangody will definitely end up in the D-League. Lucky for him the Cs gave him a guaranteed 2-year contract. Don't ya love it when guys make statements like that ... yeh, he really sux, right! I think I saw him play SF, PF and C tonight while scoring and rebounding ... off to the D-League with you, pal! Lasme? No surprise when it comes to defense and rebounding but heavens, this guy has added some offense to his game and is exactly what the C's need. Who could blame Doc for being in love with his game? Erden ... Anyone think he can play now or you still sending him down to the minors too? Bradley? The guy is NBA ready on defense ... his offense will come around and he'll be a combo 1-2 and you'll like it. If they continue to provide energy, defense and scoring they won't be going to ME for awhile with Perk and West out ... Bye Bye Mario and what's his name? That shooter that I haven't seen score yet ... Oh yeah, Von Wafer ... hahaha.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You lost your credibility when you said Anthony Tolliver is better than Glen Davis. Who would believe you now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Harangody will definitely end up in the D-League. Lucky for him the Cs gave him a guaranteed 2-year contract. Don't ya love it when guys make statements like that ... yeh, he really sux, right! I think I saw him play SF, PF and C tonight while scoring and rebounding ... off to the D-League with you, pal! Lasme? No surprise when it comes to defense and rebounding but heavens, this guy has added some offense to his game and is exactly what the C's need. Who could blame Doc for being in love with his game? Erden ... Anyone think he can play now or you still sending him down to the minors too? Bradley? The guy is NBA ready on defense ... his offense will come around and he'll be a combo 1-2 and you'll like it. If they continue to provide energy, defense and scoring they won't be going to ME for awhile with Perk and West out ... Bye Bye Mario and what's his name? That shooter that I haven't seen score yet ... Oh yeah, Von Wafer ... hahaha.

Wafer scored 11 pts against Philly yesterday. 

Are you high again?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season

posted at 8/3/2010 3:41 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 10/13/2010
    1 Rondo, Nate, Wafer, Avery
    2 Ray, Wafer, *Rudy, Avery
    3 Pierce, Daniels, *Rudy, Wafer
    4 Garnett, JON, Baby or *Tolliver,  Harangody
    5 J O'Neal, *Shaq, Perk, Baby or *Tolliver

Erden or Sims to NBADL

*S&T deal for Sheed/#1 Pick and possibly BBD to Portland/Cleveland for Shaq, Rudy & Tolliver

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Erden to the NBADL? Really, Mployee8?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lasme : That's before I saw him close up ... ala Shaq haha. I didn't post yesterday that he was D-League material like you did ... seeing isn't believing?

Can you post my post that said Erden was going to the D-League?

As far as I can remember, I said Erden is the 11th man on the roster.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lasme : You just said that tonight! You forget what you said a few days ago ... really?

Re: Erden is a keeper

posted at 10/11/2010 11:24 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1c01631b525a55dc1962fad2b902d400&plckUserId=1c01631b525a55dc1962fad2b902d400">
    First: 8/22/2010
    Last: 10/14/2010
    Erden will be the 11th man on the roster. Looks like Doc will not play Shaq on some nights during the course of the regular season. If so, Erden will be JO's backup when Shaq gets the night off. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Check out the date, I think it's October 11, 2010. 

HAHAHA!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong player ..... thought you were referencing Harangody. That's the quote I posted by you a few days ago saying he was NBADL bound ... didn't follow you're remarks on Erden though I do recall you earlier speaking about him being cut or sent down and I said it wasn't likely as he was given a guaranteed two-year contract. If it wasn't you then maybe one of your protoges ... haha.

That's the problem with you, you make stuff up. You accuse me of saying something but you have no proof that I said it. You're pathetic!