last roll of the dice for celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

last roll of the dice for celtics

ok, I've found a trade that works.
    the 2 remaining players we've been linked too are shaq and rudy.
    so a 3-way trade with cleveland and portland as follows:
    sheed's contract to portland, plus cash to buy it out
    rudy to celtics
    shaq sign-and-trade for about $4 mil (sheed's contract minus rudy's)
    pryzbilla to cleveland (using a fraction of the trade exception for lebron)

before you say that the other teams won't agree to it, consider this:
    rudy and pryzbilla are superfluous to blazers with additions of camby and wes matthews, and they get rid of pryzbilla's outsized contract
    cleveland get the shot-blocker and rebounder they desperately need, and dan gilbert continues to try to improve the team to spite lebron

from our perspective, rudy is a good pickup who can fight with wafer for the shooter's spot in the rotation, and shaq, for all the complaints about him, cannot be defended by any starting center in the league (except perk), let alone bench players

oh, and sheed can resign for the minimum after the allstar break, if he so chooses

any questions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from voguerp. Show voguerp's posts

Re: last roll of the dice for celtics

In Response to last roll of the dice for celtics:
    [QUOTE]ok, I've found a trade that works. the 2 remaining players we've been linked too are shaq and rudy. so a 3-way trade with cleveland and portland as follows: sheed's contract to portland, plus cash to buy it out rudy to celtics shaq sign-and-trade for about $4 mil (sheed's contract minus rudy's) pryzbilla to cleveland (using a fraction of the trade exception for lebron) before you say that the other teams won't agree to it, consider this: rudy and pryzbilla are superfluous to blazers with additions of camby and wes matthews, and they get rid of pryzbilla's outsized contract cleveland get the shot-blocker and rebounder they desperately need, and dan gilbert continues to try to improve the team to spite lebron from our perspective, rudy is a good pickup who can fight with wafer for the shooter's spot in the rotation, and shaq, for all the complaints about him, cannot be defended by any starting center in the league (except perk), let alone bench players oh, and sheed can resign for the minimum after the allstar break, if he so chooses any questions?
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]
    Call DA and make this happen ASAP!!!!!! Great Analysis

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

In Response to last roll of the dice for celtics:
    [QUOTE]ok, I've found a trade that works. the 2 remaining players we've been linked too are shaq and rudy. so a 3-way trade with cleveland and portland as follows: sheed's contract to portland, plus cash to buy it out rudy to celtics shaq sign-and-trade for about $4 mil (sheed's contract minus rudy's) pryzbilla to cleveland (using a fraction of the trade exception for lebron) before you say that the other teams won't agree to it, consider this: rudy and pryzbilla are superfluous to blazers with additions of camby and wes matthews, and they get rid of pryzbilla's outsized contract cleveland get the shot-blocker and rebounder they desperately need, and dan gilbert continues to try to improve the team to spite lebron from our perspective, rudy is a good pickup who can fight with wafer for the shooter's spot in the rotation, and shaq, for all the complaints about him, cannot be defended by any starting center in the league (except perk), let alone bench players oh, and sheed can resign for the minimum after the allstar break, if he so chooses any questions?
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Question:  How is Joel Przybilla "superfluous" to the Blazers when he has been a necessary understudy for the perennially injured Greg Oden?  Marcus Camby isn't exactly the paragon of reliability either, so they absolutely need J Przy, who is by no means a burdensome contract for Portland since it expires in 2011. 

Frankly, with the signing of Von Wafer and assuming we can't get something done with Sheed's contract, I would work overtime to sign a guy like Keith Bogans for his defense to fill out the wing rotation. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: last roll of the dice for celtics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to last roll of the dice for celtics : Question:  How is Joel Przybilla "superfluous" to the Blazers when he has been a necessary understudy for the perennially injured Greg Oden?  Marcus Camby isn't exactly the paragon of reliability either, so they absolutely need J Przy, who is by no means a burdensome contract for Portland since it expires in 2011.  Frankly, with the signing of Von Wafer and assuming we can't get something done with Sheed's contract, I would work overtime to sign a guy like Keith Bogans for his defense to fill out the wing rotation. 
    Posted by toineson[/QUOTE]

Until oden gets injured, $8 mil is a lot to be paying for a 3rd choice centre. also lamarcus aldridge is 6'11 and can play centre in a small ball line-up which plays to the strengths of portland's quick guards (miller, bayless, mills)

about bogans, the only way in which he is superior to daniels is 3pt shooting, and between wafer and robinson (and hopefully rudy) we have that in spades

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like the same deal I proposed with #1 Pick/BBD going to Portland with Mo Williams coming to Portland for Bayless & Przy while Cavs send Shaq to the C's along with Rudy and filler via Tolliver from Portland if they can resign him with non-bird rts. I read that Portland may be interested in moving Bayless and signing Mills but didn't realize that Miller had another year on his contract so MoWill may not work but I tried to find a way to get the C's both Shaq, Rudy and a replacement for BBD if it comes to that. They could always sign another PF via VM I suppose.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

no offence, but your deal sounds slightly more complicated, and I don't like losing baby, he means more to this team then most people realise

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]There's that reading comprehension problem again ... " ... didn't realize that Miller had another year on his contract so MoWill may not work but I tried to find a way to get the C's both Shaq, Rudy and a replacement for BBD if it comes to that." Fierce Quotes: "The Wafer signing is also an indication that Fernandez is not going to Boston." "Tolliver is a property of the Warriors and not the Blazers. That's a fact . "
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You should have done research first before yappin' about Mo Williams going to Portland. Your mistake was spotted and instead of admitting to being wrong you attack Fierce instead. You're pathetic, man.