Last Spot: Murphy or JO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Last Spot: Murphy or JO?

The Celts can't use all their big men in the playoffs as Doc will likely use a 9-man or 10-man rotation.

Murphy has the edge right now because he's healthy and he's getting minutes as a backup to Krstic or KG. His strengths are outside shooting and rebounding.

JO is still recovering from surgery and is in danger of not making it back in time for the playoffs. He's the Celts' leading shot-blocker this season and can give the Celts a strong post presence if healthy.

Danny Ainge may have made a mistake by giving JO the full MLE, but he made up for it by convincing Murphy to sign with Celts instead of the Heat. The Celts are going to need at least one of them, Murphy or JO, to deliver in the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Last Spot: Murphy or JO?

It depends on a lot of variable.  Fouls, who we are playing etc.  If JO is healty his defense will give him time.  If Troy is hitting his shots you will see him also.  Nice problem to have wouldn't you say?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Last Spot: Murphy or JO?:
    [QUOTE]It depends on a lot of variable.  Fouls, who we are playing etc.  If JO is healty his defense will give him time.  If Troy is hitting his shots you will see him also.  Nice problem to have wouldn't you say?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Yep! I just hope JO can at least play in the last 8 games in April. If JO can't return by April it's no use playing him in the playoffs because he will be rusty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

If healthy JO will get more minuts than Murphy 1 because of his Interior D and 2 he and Arroyo have chemestry from Miami I think Doc will use that combo to his advantage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

good post p34! i see jo in a suit with sasha/arroyo and bradley unless we are playing the magic! murph is exactly what danny and doc like.. a 6'11 guy who can step out and hit the three and provide rebounding and interior defense with the ability to contribute at THREE positions. why play jo when we have 5 guys who could play center with murph! jo is a luxury. clearly doc likes having green more in the post so murph will be the only other 3-point artist outside of pp and ray!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]good post p34! i see jo in a suit with sasha/arroyo and bradley unless we are playing the magic! murph is exactly what danny and doc like.. a 6'11 guy who can step out and hit the three and provide rebounding and interior defense with the ability to contribute at THREE positions. why play jo when we have 5 guys who could play center with murph! jo is a luxury. clearly doc likes having green more in the post so murph will be the only other 3-point artist outside of pp and ray!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

1) Sasha will be suited up more than Wafer
    2) He hasn't hit any shots so far for the C's and if he doesn't soon he won't see the playoffs once again
    3) JO can play D around the rim and hit the outside jumper and spell the Center or PF spots on a playoff roster ...Maybe he is a luxury worth dressing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

All these players you list are imaterial.  Doc refuses to play anybody but Vets down the stretch.  Part of reason why Celtics got crushed in NBA Finals last year.  Would you like me to list the current inury list for the Celtics?  Have a nice morning!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]All these players you list are imaterial.  Doc refuses to play anybody but Vets down the stretch.  Part of reason why Celtics got crushed in NBA Finals last year.  Would you like me to list the current inury list for the Celtics?  Have a nice morning!
    Posted by tonyxx[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crushed? Losing by six is crushed? HAHA, you must be insane. Losing by 39 is more like being crushed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I'm thinking JO because if the crowd ever gets rowdy and rushes the court he can help security by punching out anyone foolish enough to take on human giraffes'. There also remains the possibility of him slipping and pulling a hammy but sometimes you have to say what da funk.. Plus Murpf awaits as backup (Stephen Jackson anyone)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

As bad as JO was in many respects he showed more ability to help this Celtic team than Murphy has.  It has only been three games so we will keep our eye on Troy to improve.  I don't see much.  He is slow and even if he can hit his shot his defense could be a real problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]As bad as JO was in many respects he showed more ability to help this Celtic team than Murphy has.  It has only been three games so we will keep our eye on Troy to improve.  I don't see much.  He is slow and even if he can hit his shot his defense could be a real problem.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I've seen Murphy play for the Warriors and the Pacers, he's not slow. But it's true he's not known as a defensive player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

It all depends who's healthy at the time.  Right now Bradley looks like the only one that will definitely be in street clothes.  From there I'd say either West or Wafer.  Then we get to the JO/Murphy/Pavlovic, etc.

PA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Depends who we are playing.

If we play IND in first round - I think Bradley, Arroyo and Wafer sit

If we play ORL in second round- same

Against MIA, we might not need JON, but could use Arroyo

Either way, I think Bradley and Wafer will be sitting out in the playoffs - the third could rotate

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

JON by a mile if (and that's a big if) he's healthy.  We need size and Murphy offers NO ability to battle size inside.  We don't need more offense.  We're going to need interior defense and JON brings that multiple times better than Murphy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Agreed, JON by a long shot, but lets hope the guy is healthy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

from what i can see, yep murph will be in street clothes. doc will do it by defense... murph, wafer (due to his injury) and bradley will ride the pine! jo will not be playing pf unless there is an emergency or perhaps if we are playing the lakers. imagine both o'neals in there at the same time, with green at the 3 and pp at the 2...? no way is west not in the rotation if healthy. again about his defense and history with the system..