Lastest rumor - appropriate for today's discussions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Lastest rumor - appropriate for today's discussions

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227888/Cavaliers-Mavericks-Bobcats-Interested-In-DeMarcus-Cousins

Cavs interested in going BIG in the draft, or trading the pick for Cousins......OR:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/05/29/kotoch-mock-draft-3-0-1-cavs-would-move-no-1-pick-for-kevin-love/

Will only, obviously do one...............or neither and draft Noel!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Lastest rumor - appropriate for today's discussions

http://www.metro.us/boston/sports/2013/05/28/celtics-ainge-talks-potential-swap-for-nerlens-noel/feed/ 

Interesting article that was in the Metro.  I could see any of the above scenarios happening and Cousins being traded. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Danny Strange does this every year..he flots this stuff just to keep people talking about this rancid edition of mediocrity....I take this as a sign they'll bring back both the slow and can't dribble or pass EVER Pierce and the far too overburdened KG and the lackluster cast of thousands (and YES, that includes "I'll feel like playing hard every 3rd game" Green).

Pierce was third in the NBA in assists among forwards. It's cool if you don't like his game but at least  know what his game is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Pierce was third in the NBA in assists among forwards. It's cool if you don't like his game but at least  know what his game is.

+1  

Pierce was asked to do too much this year and, without enough support around him, he was worn down.  With no back-up point, he was doing things that were too much to expect from him.  The "old" tag is old in itself.  He's the same age as Ginobli and a different body type.  Had he been more rested (Ginobli doesn't start), he would have been more effective this year and in the playoffs.  Keeping him and Garnett for another year affords the team its best chance of success if other pieces are added.  If Ainge is impotent (again) in the draft and through trades, getting rid of Pierce just to get rid of him makes no difference and no sense. If PP is so bad, why would other teams covet his abilities and leadership?  Very few NBA players are as dependable in clutch situations, and properly used, he's be ready and able to perform for the Celtics. In April of 2012, Bleacher Report (granted, not always the most dependable source) cites PP as one of the Five most clutch players in the NBA. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1139439-nba-2012-carmelo-anthony-kobe-bryant-tops-at-delivering-daggers/page/4.  Before saying "what a difference a year makes", consider the team's circumstances - no point, no designated shooter off the bench or otherwise other than Pierce, and no center, which negatively impacted KG's effectiveness by forcing him into the center position.  The emergence of Green can give PP a better and differenct role if other weaknesses on the team can be addressed.  Instead of asking him to carry the load, ask him to do what he does best and reap the benefits.  Many here are baby/bathwater thinkers. I'm just a sappy sentimentalist.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Danny Strange does this every year..he flots this stuff just to keep people talking about this rancid edition of mediocrity....I take this as a sign they'll bring back both the slow and can't dribble or pass EVER Pierce and the far too overburdened KG and the lackluster cast of thousands (and YES, that includes "I'll feel like playing hard every 3rd game" Green).

Why should someone on this board let the facts get in the way of his or her opinion?

Sections
Shortcuts