Latest NBA negotiations

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Latest NBA negotiations

We are the ones who pay the owners, players and the league by going to the games, buying their merchandise and buying the league pass. They don't care what we think.
    I thought the season would start in time but now I don't think it will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: Latest NBA negotiations:
    [QUOTE]We are the ones who pay the owners, players and the league by going to the games, buying their merchandise and buying the league pass. They don't care what we think. I thought the season would start in time but now I don't think it will.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

That's odd, one of the Laker fans on this board is very happy because even if there's no NBA season the Lakers will end up with 17 titles, thanks to Fiercest34.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

The base of every league is their fan base. No fans why would a channel want to buy a teams games that don't sell. It is thanks to the fan base they get those TV contracts. Guess the Naive is someone else. Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

What do you mean changed man???? Are you so sensitive that you can call me Naive and when I give you your same medicine you say I'm the old GK???? Not even a shadow of the old GK. You are always looking for controversy and I am over that long time ago hedley, I mean Red. No fans no tv contracts and that is a fact. Ask the McMahon XFL. NO FANS NO MONEY AND NO CONTRACTS. Sorry for hurting your feelings it was never my intentions buddy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Fine and I disagree with yours.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I get 8% towards future tix for every game they don't play. That's better than a CD. you don't see me complaining. Go ahead lock them out hahahahahaha.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

GK is completely correct. We pay for the league. It's awkward to hear a teacher not only be condescending but also sound like a Herald reader. If fans go away, the tv and sponsor money will diminish.

On his off-topic comment, the teacher was also incorrect. Since public school teachers are paid by the State, it's fair to say citizen taxes do pay teacher salaries.

GK was also correct that the Celtic poster above talking up some insider spat was sleep inducing.

I can remember two school teachers who were good. Most people are lucky to be able to name one. Schools like government, military, police, courts, corporations, most people etc. are corrupt to the core.

There are basically bigger fish to fry than the NBA, and hopefully fans will give up on playing the sucker to professional sports.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Latest NBA negotiations : Keep your stupid comments to yourself.  I DO NOT WORK FOR YOU!!!!!  And even if the TOWN pays me (NOT the state) it is still wrong to say you pay for teachers' salaries.  Just like it is naive to think you pay for Garnett's salary by attending a couple of games a year - like I said, NAIVE thinking at best!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Like some cheese to go with that whine?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Latest NBA negotiations:
    [QUOTE]ESPN just reported that the owners have cancelled training camp until at least October 15 and have cancelled 43 preseason games.  The season is suppose to start Novemeber 1 so it looks like at best there will be a shortened season.
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Interesting.....  500 guys who are otherwise unemployable cannot understand the situation, are lead around by lawyers, and will be doing b&e's by Halloween won't be able to travel and stay at five star hotels this fall, winter, and next spring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

One more thought. It's unnecessary for you to quote my posts. Unlike you, I don't delete them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Some people stand by what they post and either defend their position or admit they were wrong. Some just delete their comments and run.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]Some people stand by what they post and either defend their position or admit they were wrong. Some just delete their comments and run.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I had a few of my posts deleted but won't make a fuss. The other person admitted to deleting his posts. I agree with you, McNugget. Stand by what you write and either admit you were wrong or stick to it. His deletion of his own posts completely ruined this thread. If the mods do it, that's one thing. They should get rid of the delete button. We still have the edit button.

The only thing I admit I was wrong on is that it's the cities and towns, not the state, which pays teacher salaries. I agree with GK that supply and demand is what props up the NBA. If enough fans turned to reading books, going for walks, renting videos, or anything other than watching games and buying NBA merchandise, we the people would finally have some power. Otherwise, most of us can only attend these things if a friend of a friend of a friend comes across a corporate freebie. I haven't been to a Celtics game in over 20 years. I've been to one Red Sox game the last ten, which was one of those freebies through a relative.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Latest NBA negotiations : I had a few of my posts deleted but won't make a fuss. The other person admitted to deleting his posts. I agree with you, McNugget. Stand by what you write and either admit you were wrong or stick to it. His deletion of his own posts completely ruined this thread. If the mods do it, that's one thing. They should get rid of the delete button. We still have the edit button. The only thing I admit I was wrong on is that it's the cities and towns, not the state, which pays teacher salaries. I agree with GK that supply and demand is what props up the NBA. If enough fans turned to reading books, going for walks, renting videos, or anything other than watching games and buying NBA merchandise, we the people would finally have some power. Otherwise, most of us can only attend these things if a friend of a friend of a friend comes across a corporate freebie. I haven't been to a Celtics game in over 20 years. I've been to one Red Sox game the last ten, which was one of those freebies through a relative.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Latest NBA negotiations : I had a few of my posts deleted but won't make a fuss. The other person admitted to deleting his posts. I agree with you, McNugget. Stand by what you write and either admit you were wrong or stick to it. His deletion of his own posts completely ruined this thread. If the mods do it, that's one thing. They should get rid of the delete button. We still have the edit button. The only thing I admit I was wrong on is that it's the cities and towns, not the state, which pays teacher salaries. I agree with GK that supply and demand is what props up the NBA. If enough fans turned to reading books, going for walks, renting videos, or anything other than watching games and buying NBA merchandise, we the people would finally have some power. Otherwise, most of us can only attend these things if a friend of a friend of a friend comes across a corporate freebie. I haven't been to a Celtics game in over 20 years. I've been to one Red Sox game the last ten, which was one of those freebies through a relative.

I remember during one of the NFL strikes years ago, there was a talk of the fans boycotting a game but it did not work out. to many people could not stay away from the game

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

wow. what do we reckon redRuss did to get bdc to hide his posts? i'm only guessing it has to do with innate obnoxiousness. anyway, here's his 10:36 AM response to flobus' delete and run comment:

HA HA HA -YOU? Admit you were wrong??? HA HA HA - that's the funniest thing ever!!!!  

i'm here to help. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

redRuss, i prefer to think of it as me having a keen BS detector, but if you want to keep referring to me as the moral compass of this board that's up to you. nobody else is going to ask, so i will -- who's jfaust?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Latest NBA negotiations : I remember during one of the NFL strikes years ago, there was a talk of the fans boycotting a game but it did not work out. to many people could not stay away from the game
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]

I think it proves GK was right. We may be the ones paying for all this, but we don't use that power to force lower ticket prices, concessions, etc. and the end of work stoppages.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]wow. what do we reckon redRuss did to get get bdc to hide his posts? i'm only guessing it has to do with innate obnoxiousness. anyway, here's his 10:36 AM response to flobus' delete and run comment: HA HA HA -YOU? Admit you were wrong??? HA HA HA - that's the funniest thing ever!!!!    i'm here to help. 
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

I tried your trick to see his earlier deleted posts, but it only works if The Globe does the deleting. A chunk of his posts he deleted himself, because he was not only losing the debate but was writing personal attacks against GK and myself. I later pointed out how "Celtic fans" were mocking the Red Sox. He denied it and deleted that too. Yet I was able to save and repost it. If you click on its actual link, it takes one to right after kyceltic and before GK on the other thread, proving I didn't make it up. This reminds me of Rico, Martini, and other posters who are always into confrontation. Enough already. It's boring. Playing mind games is a waste of time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Latest NBA negotiations : I tried your trick to see his earlier deleted posts, but it only works if The Globe does the deleting. A chunk of his posts he deleted himself, because he was not only losing the debate but was writing personal attacks against GK and myself. I later pointed out how "Celtic fans" were mocking the Red Sox. He denied it and deleted that too. Yet I was able to save and repost it. If you click on its actual link, it takes one to right after kyceltic and before GK on the other thread, proving I didn't make it up. This reminds me of Rico, Martini, and other posters who are always into confrontation. Enough already. It's boring. Playing mind games is a waste of time.

Huh?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]redRuss, i prefer to think of it as me having a keen BS detector, but if you want to keep referring to me as the moral compass of this board that's up to you. nobody else is going to ask, so i will -- who's jfaust?
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Newman - whatever you say!!

It must be GFaust!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Latest NBA negotiations : Thanks, Newman - whatever you say!! It must be GFaust!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    How about them Red Sox?

Sections
Shortcuts