Latest on Andy Varejao

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Latest on Andy Varejao

No way a team like cleveland is going to want paul pierce, even as a mentor for the young guys:

1. he's way overpaid considering how he's playing this year

2.  Pierce would not be happy in that situation and any gm would know that.  he wouldn't be a help even as a locker room guy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Please chill about trading PP. IMO, he's here to stay. At least this year. Especially for AV.

His departure may break the team, RR and especially KG won't take it lightly.

As for Green, I don't know who'd be worth trading him for. JG is young, versatile, can start on majority of the teams. He started to get into the groove: last 5 games 15+ ppg in 24mpg. Also, Celtics don't have anyone to sub PP (I don't count Joseph).

As for AV, I'm not sure he'd fit into the Celtics defense. Sure he'll grab tons of rebounds, score 10-12 ppg, he's high energy. But, again, how good is he defending the rim and backing KG?

AK

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi,

Please chill about trading PP. IMO, he's here to stay. At least this year. Especially for AV.

His departure may break the team, RR and especially KG won't take it lightly.

As for Green, I don't know who'd be worth trading him for. JG is young, versatile, can start on majority of the teams. He started to get into the groove: last 5 games 15+ ppg in 24mpg. Also, Celtics don't have anyone to sub PP (I don't count Joseph).

As for AV, I'm not sure he'd fit into the Celtics defense. Sure he'll grab tons of rebounds, score 10-12 ppg, he's high energy. But, again, how good is he defending the rim and backing KG?

AK

[/QUOTE]

If the Celts can get Gortat for Lee, Fab Melo, and draft picks then there's no need to trade Jeff Green.

The next best thing is Lee for Dalembert.

There are 2 certainties regarding the Celts this season:

1. When Bradley comes back, Lee is expendable.

2. The Celts need an upgrade over Bass.

[/QUOTE]

Everything you say here seems right. Except for Dalembert I don't believe will provide enough for a title run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

they need a legit scorer beside irving, pierce could be the 2nd option for them and they projecting Zeller, and we need AV

We have Green now, cavs need Pierce (leadership and champ experience), so that's the point 

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, you're crazy.

Right now Irving, Waiters, Thompson, and Zeller are not even 23 years old. What the Cavs want is someone who will grow with that 4. The Cavs want to be contenders when those 4 are 25 years old. Get it?

Having Pierce makes no sense because by the time those 4 will be 25 years old, Pierce will be 38 years old. Get it?

The Cavs are not in the win now mode. Get it?

Teams that are contenders would want Pierce because they want to win now. Get it?

But lottery teams don't need a 35-year old. Get it?

[/QUOTE]

they could be a contender when they acquire pierce, get it? 

theyre not consistent when irving is out, get it? no closer for closing games, get it?

they could use pierce for remaining games as a rental, he is a FA nxt summer

[/QUOTE]
    Cavs want to add to their young not get older...Pierce would throw a raging fit to be traded to a team like Cavs..They are not contenders in any way..Danny would trade Pierce, rondo, or Kg, only to conteders...He he would not insult them by trading them to a doormat team...

No offense Cavs, but you are years away from contending...Excellent young talent, but it takes years to develop..If Varejao cannot make them a contender, PP will not either...If Pierce gets traded, he goes to a Chicago or Utah type of team on the fringe of contention..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

Kyrie - PG

Waiters - SG

Thompson - PF

Zeller - C

What's missing?

SF, right?

So here's the question, Celtic fans, are you willing to give up Jeff Green, draft picks, and maybe Avery Bradley for Varejao?

[/QUOTE]

If we had had Varejao instead of Bass vs Heat last year we'd won. We need a defensive upgrade and although Varejao not superb, he'll give us 10 & 10, points & rebounds and the latter turn into extra chances for our shooters. He's a feisty aggressive person in the post and reminds me of Joaquin Noah of the Bulls. It's no secret we need more rebounding...we have enough above average scorers.  

I'd offer Bass and maybe Lee too if necessary as when we get A. Bradley back, Lee could be expendable & toss in a draft pick too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i ddnt say that i have a link, how about you? do u have any link that pierce is untouchable and cannot be traded this season?

[/QUOTE]

Nice try spinning the argument.

Like I said, there are no reports that the Celts are trying to trade Pierce. 

But there are reports that the Cavs are looking to move Varejao on or before the trade deadline.

And if you're wishing that Pierce will be traded, then keep wishing because Pierce will be a Celtic for life.

[/QUOTE]

u seems like Fiercest, same style huh?! 

Well did i say either?? did i say i have the links?! u keep getting rid of green, do u have any links that green could be traded for AV?? Green is the future SF for our Boston not urs!

Pierce is done! he cant guard man-man D 2-3! same as ur name!

hey fagggggot with poofy popcorn why dont u lay down ur eggs!

[/QUOTE]

You really are a first class idiot with no class... this board doesnt want or need any the c r a p you write on here... sounds to me like your maybe resisting the fact that youre gay? Its ok  to be gay so be kind to yourself.... and yeah I will report your arse....

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

http://sulia.com/channel/cleveland-cavaliers/f/fb771957-0878-4785-8867-6a54e4309a84/?source=twitter

The Celtics, ranked 29th in rebounding, do have a strong interest in Cavs' Anderson Varejao, but the question is

what could Celtics offer that the Cavs would want? (And don't say Jared Sullinger. Cavs didn't have an interest in him on draft night and likely still don't.

That's the trouble with trading Varejao. Teams with a strong interest don't really have the assets to offer -- or more specifically, the assets the Cavs are seeking. 

That's because teams with a strong interest would want Varejao to be the final piece. That means not giving up any of your other key pieces. 

If the Cavs are going to trade Varejao, they want good young talent and a first-round pick. Not many contenders, outside of the Thunder, own those type of assets. 7 minutes ago

[/QUOTE]

I think Green would make sense as his contract works.  The problem is Varajao is injured frequently.  Green teases us but Varajao would solve a lot of problems.  Also his type of game would not be effected so much by integrating himself to the team.  His game is based on defense and rebounds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Are they proctecting Varejao??? Trade behind the scene...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are they proctecting Varejao??? Trade behind the scene...

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that last night too.