Latest Rondo Trade Rumor to Bucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Latest Rondo Trade Rumor to Bucks

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Knight is an interesting enigma.

He was one of the most highly regarded high school players in the country and averaged 17PPG in his freshman year at Kentucky before being drafted #8 overall by Detroit in 2011.  

His play for Detroit was good, but inconsistent. He made the 2012 All Rookie team, averaged 13.1 PPG (higher than Rondo) but only 3.9 assists.  He is a score first PG, so the Pistons moved him to SG to better fit their offense, where he was exploited because of his size at 6'3".  In the 2013 off-season he was treaded to the Bucks for Jennings.

Knight can shoot, has blazing speed, but is more of a combo guard than a true PG right now.  He is young, a hard worker, good atitude, an amazing athlete and has only been in the league 2 years.  In the past, Knight was depended upon to score first.  IF he can be taught to modify his game and improve his ability to distribute the ball and improve his assists ratio, I believe that he could grow into an elite PG in the NBA.  Worst case, a solid backup PG and ofensive spark at SG.  A step up from Bradley.

your analysis may be spot on, but I just can't get the image of Kyrie embarrassing Knight out of my head.

Yo me Knight will never be an elite PG like Rondo and he is a one sided offensive player as a undersized SG. that's why I want two picks or the inclusion of Giannis in a deal.

I remeber Irving embarrasing Rondo too.  Drove by him like he wasn't there.

I believe that Knight can be a better all-around PG than Rondo.  He may not break any asists records, but he does not have the deficiencies that Rondo has in his game (don't need to list them yet again) but certainly the potential to learn how to pass and distribute the ball better.

Help me with this, please.....Is an elite PG in the NBA top 5 or top 10? As the Rondo rankings drop, so do the requirements seem to also for being an "Elite PG" in the NBA. Amazing how that works for Rondo Brotherhood members and staff!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

This would explain the curious recent roster moves by the Bucks. Wonder if Danny had any input behind the scenes.  I do the deal for Knight, Butler and 2 more first rounders. This trade doesn't help us eject some bad contracts, but 11 first round picks in the next few years can work magic in trades and draft moves.

COMMENTARY | Reports surfaced Aug. 29 that veteran small forwardCaron Butler is being traded from the Phoenix Suns, a team he was traded to earlier this offseason by the Los Angeles Clippers, to the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for young bench players Ish Smith and Viacheslav Kravtsov.

Butler is no longer the young defensive stalwart he once was, but he is still a solid defender who can consistently score around 10 points per game from the small forward position, something the Bucks need to compete the first half of this season because current starter Carlos Delfino is still recovering from foot surgery.

Although Butler has very real value for Milwaukee this year, perhaps the most valuable aspect to the deal is Butler's expiring $8 million contract. Although it's unlikely the Bucks will be able to land a big signing in free agency, the contract could be used as a trade chip in a future deal.

The Bucks are now one of the few teams with the assets to bring in Rajon Rondo

By adding Caron Butler to the roster, the Bucks have now put themselves in position to be one of the most competitive trade partners for the Boston Celtics in a deal for All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo. The most valuable package that the Bucks are likely to put together would require the $8 million salary of Butler to make the numbers work for both sides.

For the Bucks, this deal makes a lot of sense because Brandon Knight has yet to prove himself as a true point guard, and the Bucks already have the explosive O.J. Mayo at shooting guard, making Knight somewhat expendable. A lineup that includes Rondo, Mayo and the newly re-signed Larry Sanders could cause a lot of damage in the Eastern Conference, and a trade is likely the only way the Bucks could bring in a player as good as Rondo, who would probably not sign with them in free agency while fielding offers from other teams in bigger markets.The most probable package would include Caron Butler, Brandon Knight and two first-round picks in exchange for Rondo. Because Knight is set to earn only $2.8 million this season, it's possible that the combined salaries of Butler and Knight would be enough to get the deal done without a fourth player from either team involved.

From the perspective of Boston, any deal that brings in an expiring contract, first-round picks and a young talented perimeter scorer is a huge success, especially since it would free up $8 million of the $12.9 million owed to Rondo in 2014-2015, assuming that the team lets Caron Butler leave. It should also be noted the added draft picks could be packaged together with the numerous picks the Celtics already have in order to move up in a very deep 2014 NBA draft.

An additional factor to consider is that Boston guard Avery Bradley is set to become a restricted free agent in the 2014 offseason, meaning that any team can offer Bradley a deal but the Celtics retain the right to match it. All indications are that Boston is unsure of Bradley's ceiling and just how much money he is worth. President of basketball operations Danny Ainge is likely dreading having to make a decision about matching a potentially bloated contract offer from another NBA team desperate to make a signing and willing to take a pricey chance on Bradley. If the Celtics are able to deal for Knight, however, they could then move Bradley before the trade deadline or in the offseason in a sign-and-trade agreement, avoiding the potential dilemma completely.

The only unanswered question that remains is whether Rondo would be willing to agree to sign an extension with a team like Milwaukee. My guess is that if the Bucks are willing to offer a max deal, Rondo would be willing to sign. After all, the Bucks have a better chance of winning in the next few seasons than the Celtics do, and signing contracts in the NBA is, for most players, ultimately a business decision above all else.

this is just one stupid writer thinking somthing stupid in his mind...this is not a rumor...so silly you guys don't know what a rumor is...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtaddict. Show celtaddict's posts

This trade would have to wait 2 months...correct? How can the Bucks trade Butler with other players included when he was just acquired? Am I missing something? If the 2 months does apply then earliest the trade could happen would be October 29...pretty close to the seasons start. Could always try to structure it as multiple trades, but I think the league would disapprove because it would be blatantly trying to circumvent the rules.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think the Bucks would want to see Rondo play after his injury.  So positioning for an eventual trade.  Neither team is going anywhere or in any big rush, so yeah, this trade could happen in a months not days.  I think it makes sense for both teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

He was one of the most highly regarded high school players in the country and averaged 17PPG in his freshman year at Kentucky before being drafted #8 overall by Detroit in 2011.  

His play for Detroit was good, but inconsistent. He made the 2012 All Rookie team, averaged 13.1 PPG (higher than Rondo) but only 3.9 assists.  He is a score first PG, so the Pistons moved him to SG to better fit their offense, where he was exploited because of his size at 6'3".  In the 2013 off-season he was treaded to the Bucks for Jennings.

Knight can shoot, has blazing speed, but is more of a combo guard than a true PG right now.  He is young, a hard worker, good atitude, an amazing athlete and has only been in the league 2 years.  In the past, Knight was depended upon to score first.  IF he can be taught to modify his game and improve his ability to distribute the ball and improve his assists ratio, I believe that he could grow into an elite PG in the NBA.  Worst case, a solid backup PG and ofensive spark at SG.  A step up from Bradley.

your analysis may be spot on, but I just can't get the image of Kyrie embarrassing Knight out of my head.

Yo me Knight will never be an elite PG like Rondo and he is a one sided offensive player as a undersized SG. that's why I want two picks or the inclusion of Giannis in a deal.

I believe that Knight can be a better all-around PG than Rondo.  He may not break any asists records, but he does not have the deficiencies that Rondo has in his game (don't need to list them yet again) but certainly the potential to learn how to pass and distribute the ball better.

Help me with this, please.....Is an elite PG in the NBA top 5 or top 10? As the Rondo rankings drop, so do the requirements seem to also for being an "Elite PG" in the NBA. Amazing how that works for Rondo Brotherhood members and staff!

I can give you my opinion only.  Elite is a subjective label.  I consider a Tier 1 Elite PG as one, compared to his competition - has proven to consistently play at a high level, can play effective offense and defense, and has no blatent deficiciencies in his game or character.

My ranking in order of best to worst (ie, Paul is the best PG in the league, Rondo is 10th)

Tier 1 Elite  (time tested and proven):  Paul, Rose, Westbrook, Parker  

Tier 2 Elite (extraordinary all-around skills, need more time to prove Tier 1 worthiness):  Irving, Wall, Curry, Lillard, Hill

Almost Elite (extraordinary skills but with defficiencies. Will never be Tier 1): Rondo, Jennings, Holiday, Williams, Lawson, Vasquez, Dragic, Conley

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I can give you my opinion only.  Elite is a subjective label.  I consider a Tier 1 Elite PG as one, compared to his competition - has proven to consistently play at a high level, can play effective offense and defense, and has no blatent deficiciencies in his game or character.

My ranking in order of best to worst (ie, Paul is the best PG in the league, Rondo is 10th)

Tier 1 Elite  (time tested and proven):  Paul, Rose, Westbrook, Parker  

Tier 2 Elite (extraordinary all-around skills, need more time to prove Tier 1 worthiness):  Irving, Wall, Curry, Lillard, Hill

Almost Elite (extraordinary skills but with defficiencies. Will never be Tier 1): Rondo, Jennings, Holiday, Williams, Lawson, Vasquez, Dragic, Conley

Sounds reasonable, however, I would still say that any PG who is returning from knee surgery cannot be categorized until he has returned to the court as he may not be close to who he was prior to injury. I.E. What was Rose ranked going into last season? He ended up being the last PG you wanted on your team for the whole year as he never touched th court, right? Otherwise, I'm with ya.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Really? I don't whats more inane,the obsession with trading Rondo or ridiculing anyone who dares to say we aren't or shouldn't trade Rondo.  Some of the players suggested for Rondo are just ludicrous , at least if you are obsessed with trading Rondo suggest a trade that would acually be of good value and help the team,not just suggestion to sate your obsessions. Thats how discussions turn into imature drivel and inane semantics. Refusing to acknowledge a players attributes and overblowing any mistakes isn't logic after the 6th grade. I can't stand Humpty at all but, if someone disagrees with me I dont just with the BWHAHAHAHA and TYPING EVERY F*ing thing in obnoxiously large print and calling people poopy faces.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Even before the injury Rondo had a down year with his lateral defense disappearing, his assist fetish a mistake, but on the upside his mid range jumper was hugely improved. A new coach and system may be just what he needs. I think we will find out this winter upon his return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Even before the injury Rondo had a down year with his lateral defense disappearing, his assist fetish a mistake, but on the upside his mid range jumper was hugely improved. A new coach and system may be just what he needs. I think we will find out this winter upon his return.

Not so improved that defenders actually took notice.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Really? I don't whats more inane,the obsession with trading Rondo or ridiculing anyone who dares to say we aren't or shouldn't trade Rondo.  Some of the players suggested for Rondo are just ludicrous , at least if you are obsessed with trading Rondo suggest a trade that would acually be of good value and help the team,not just suggestion to sate your obsessions. Thats how discussions turn into imature drivel and inane semantics. Refusing to acknowledge a players attributes and overblowing any mistakes isn't logic after the 6th grade. I can't stand Humpty at all but, if someone disagrees with me I dont just with the BWHAHAHAHA and TYPING EVERY F*ing thing in obnoxiously large print and calling people poopy faces.

POOPPPY FACEEEEEEE!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

I think we should trade Rondo for some LIl' Debbie Snackin' Cakes..OK?!...you satisfied now oh great NBA GM!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts