Law of averages catching up with LeChoke?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticFan2005. Show celticFan2005's posts

Law of averages catching up with LeChoke?

After making unbelievable shots in the playoffs against Philly, Boston and Chicago - is the law of averages catching up with LeBron or is it his regular choke in a pressure cooker situation.  He's been shooting brick after brick - and his only game now is drive to the hole and draw contact!

Is LeBron's shot not falling because of his form or Mavs defense or Is Terry's challenge to defend him, expending too much energy.

With Wade limping and hurt, best chance for Mavs to fnish heat off in 6!

Was Scottie Pippen too pre-mature to call him better than MJ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Law of averages catching up with LeChoke?

I posted about this during either the Celtic or Bulls series..

Lebron was doing his Kobe impersonation, putting up terrible shots, fade away 3's, dribbling away from the hoop and bombing 3's and he was making them.  Pushed the Heat to win after win. I said then, as did a few others, that it wasnt gonna last. Those were bad shots and Lebron just happened to be hot at the right time.. Eventually, his shooting % from there would have to level off

Voila... as timely as his hot streak during the playoffs was, just as untimely hes cooled off during the finals.  Lebron was takin the easy way out putting up those bad choice shots... just happened he was red hot and they went in

Payback time may be upon him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    The short answer is all the above.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Law of averages catching up with LeChoke?:
    [QUOTE]Mavs to fnish heat off in 6! Was Scottie Pippen too pre-mature to call him better than MJ?
    Posted by celticFan2005[/QUOTE]

Didn't Pippen said that James might be better than MJ in the future?
    I never read that he said James is already better than Jordan.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

If LeQueen didn't hit those lucky shots we would've been up 3-2 heading back to Boston for Game 6....but as they say, it's a make or miss league and this year the made them on us. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Law of averages catching up with LeChoke?:
    [QUOTE]Lebron will never be better than Dwayne Wade much less Jordan. Scottie Pippen is an idiot. Remember when Pippen refused to go back in the game after a timeout, because the coach wouldn't let him take the last shot?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I would never put Pippen on the list of top 50 players of all time, for just that move alone!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pippen is starting to think he, not MJ, led the Bulls to all those titles.

Scottie was always considered soft when he first got in the league. It was common knowledge that if a player got physical with him, he would fade....and he did... but that didnt last too long and Pippen went on to a great career.

Now that time has gone by, I think Pippen is convincing himself he was more valuable to those title teams than anyone realizes. Best way for him to demonstrate that is knock Jordan off his pedastal... the further MJ can be brought down, the more valuable Scottie starts to look.

Pippen turned into  great player,,,  but I wouldnt put him up there with the elite forwards.  There's the elite/mega stars like Larry, Barkley, Baylor etc  then the stars/HOFers like McHale, Lucas, Reggie etc   . . and Scottie is still a 1/2 step behind those guys too in my book

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"Cough, gag, aaggkkk, cough, cough, gag." - The Queen speaking to his teammates in the fourth quarter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Pippen is starting to think he, not MJ, led the Bulls to all those titles.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    We have quite some Sigmund Freuds in this forum.
    A lot of interpretation into a sentence most of the people quote wrong.
    Pippen is right IMO: James has the talent to become the best player in basketball. But he is enough of a headcase to end as Allen Inverson either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Law of averages catching up with LeChoke? : We have quite some Sigmund Freuds in this forum. A lot of interpretation into a sentence most of the people quote wrong. Pippen is right IMO: James has the talent to become the best player in basketball. But he is enough of a headcase to end as Allen Inverson either.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Exactly what talent are you referring to?

I dont see him with a deadly shot. I dont view him as a great ballhandler at all. He does see the court well and has become an excellent passer. He offensive repetoire is missing huge chunks, like finesse, soft touch, post moves, midrange... when hes not directly involved with the ball, he lounges around 1/2 the time..

Defensively he makes alot of nice (you werent looking) blocks for espn highlights  but if you watch he closely, he takes alot of plays off... gambles for the steal  ala Rondo

What hes outstanding at is getting on the break and finishing and driving and being allowed to glaringly travel and committ charges that usually get whistled the other way.

Once again, we're taling about another "athletic" player, not an overly skilled one. 

For ex, DH has been another athletic player during most of his career...very little offensive skills to talk about other than dunking through shear force and power.

I dont view Lebron on the same level skillwise by a longshot to the really great players of today or years ago.

Sections
Shortcuts