Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance?

Let the PG bring the ball across half court.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance?

Doc always does this. He always gives the ball to RA or PP and takes the ball out the PGs hands. I don't know why but he does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

My guess is they wanted their best foul shooter handling the ball in Ray Allen. A bad no call by the refs cost the C's the game. IMO it is virtually impossible to tip the ball away cleanly while reaching from behind a player and across their body. The defenders arm has to make body contact in order to get to the ball.
        Boston's second unit has not played well the past 2 games. The starters haven't been great as a whole, but the second unit has to be more consistent. B.B has played 2 poor games in a row and Erden has played awful for at least the past 2 games and maybe more. Daniels has been invisible the past few games also.
        On a positive note, Nate played well. We'll see if the C's can rebound from 2 disappointing losses vs. Atlanta tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

may be true but hat was an absolute hack job! I want an apology from the league office. Refs should be fined and suspended for this BS. we did notlose that game...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In Response to Re: Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance?:
    [QUOTE]may be true but hat was an absolute hack job! I want an apology from the league office. Refs should be fined and suspended for this BS. we did notlose that game...
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. They fouled Ray, yes the referees should have done something about it. And no, because the Celtics really didn't deserve to win that game. They really need to reflect on what's been happening to them and take every game seriously if they want to compete against the lakers. It's really a shame but if they were to play against the lakers by next week the Celtics would just lose the game. No excuses!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

i don't disagree that we played poorly...BUT we did not deserve to lose the game. you simply cannot miss calls like that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Foul or no foul there were 2 Raptor players in front of Ray when Barbosa slapped that ball from behind. 

Let's not make any excuses here, the Cs didn't deserve to win that game anyway. 

I watched the game in High Definition. It was a good no call by the officials. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I posted this before somewhere but to reiterate, ,Lets face facts

The C's are an old team and we saw last year what theyre about. Cruise control through the regular season and turn it on during the playoffs. Why would you think anythings changed?

Playing intense defense 48 mins each game is exhausting both physically & mentally. If they try to do that, they will win many more games but will prob be burned out in Feb.

Thay are pacing themselves cause they need to. How many times you wanna listen to the presser where they say.. "we cant take teams lightly, we were complacent, we have to play defense all 48 mins"... I mean, dont you get sick of hearing this over and over and over??

The players and coaches already know this... they been saying it for years. Its not that they let down by accident, they do so purposely. Look, nobody on the team can ever say this publicly but they just want to get through the regular season somewhat healthy and in the playoffs. Yea, theyd like home court advantage but its not that big a deal... just sounds good in the media.

Expect more of the last 2 games in the future. In 2007, we buried teams..no let up. Hasnt been the same since... last year perfect example. Expect a repeat this year of 2008 reg season.... but we'll be there for the playoff run and if healthy, a real threat for the title

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

i find it extremely annoying that you would say that was a good non call!!! That was an intentional foul and there is absolutely no reson to miss that. And yes, that did decide the game. And NO we did not deserve to lose. That was PATHETIC. period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]i find it extremely annoying that you would say that was a good non call!!! That was an intentional foul and there is absolutely no reson to miss that. And yes, that did decide the game. And NO we did not deserve to lose. That was PATHETIC. period.
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

If you take a look at the replay you'll see that the slap didn't cause Ray to lose the ball. It was when Ray took another dribble that he lost control of the ball. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsAZ. Show CeltsAZ's posts

That non call did not lose us the game.  WE LOST us the game.  Up by 3 with just over 20 seconds left and we give up an easy drive to the basket.  TOO EASY.  Then get the ball to a PG who can shoot FT.  IF they foul Delonte or Robinson that is fine, but if they can get the ball over half court then you can give it to Ray.  Up by 3 with  under 24 seconds remaining and we lose to THE RAPTORS.   no Excuses.  A veteran team has got to win that game easily.. with or without Rondo.  On a side note, I have been reading a lot of positive posts about Erden .. and I am not sure why.  We cannot afford to have Shaq foul out as we are weak in the middle.  Also, frustrated at how players like Amir Johnson become unstoppable against us.  Really???  All of our losses this year have been head scratchers to date, and a few of our wins have been harder than they should have been as well.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance? : If you take a look at the replay you'll see that the slap didn't cause Ray to lose the ball. It was when Ray took another dribble that he lost control of the ball. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]That non call did not lose us the game.  WE LOST us the game.  Up by 3 with just over 20 seconds left and we give up an easy drive to the basket.  TOO EASY.  Then get the ball to a PG who can shoot FT.  IF they foul Delonte or Robinson that is fine, but if they can get the ball over half court then you can give it to Ray.  Up by 3 with  under 24 seconds remaining and we lose to THE RAPTORS.   no Excuses.  A veteran team has got to win that game easily.. with or without Rondo.  On a side note, I have been reading a lot of positive posts about Erden .. and I am not sure why.  We cannot afford to have Shaq foul out as we are weak in the middle.  Also, frustrated at how players like Amir Johnson become unstoppable against us.  Really???  All of our losses this year have been head scratchers to date, and a few of our wins have been harder than they should have been as well. In Response to Re: Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance? :
    Posted by CeltsAZ[/QUOTE]

The Celtics only WANT to beat the HEAT and most people only care that they do 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would like to say Ray was fouled, but he wasn't. the ball should have been in nates hands!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Blame the refs!!!!!

Lame.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Ray does that again and again. The Fisher's hand check and so on. Can he just simply hold the ball? Ray should practice his dribbles in addition to his shots. No closer, man. No closer!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

It was not only a foul, but it was just plain foul, and it should have been called.

Refs suxs, and their suckage keeps growing.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]It was not only a foul, but it was just plain foul, and it should have been called. Refs suxs, and their suckage keeps growing.   
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

Not man enough to admit that your main man cost the Celtics a win?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance? : Not man enough to admit that your main man cost the Celtics a win?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am not going down to that level and play the blame game with you, it doesn't do anyone any good, and it only makes the true enemies stronger.

My concept is "All for one, and one for all."   Or: Unbuntu!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance? : Sorry, I am not going down to that level and play the blame game with you, it doesn't do anyone any good, and it only makes the true enemies stronger. My concept is "All for one, and one for all."   Or: Unbuntu!
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

All for one, one for all but if the Celtics lose it's the refs fault, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leading by 1 Point, Why Take a Chance? : All for one, one for all but if the Celtics lose it's the refs fault, right?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Friend, I know you are upset that the Celts lost, so am I, but taking out your anger on your teammates will only upset you more, and will only lead Umbuntu down the road of destruction.

This is our team, and yes, everyone of them makes mistakes...but to me, it always better to show unity, than seperation, in times of trouble. 

Is it better to blame each other, or blame an outside force? 

Anyways, have a good night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

if it wasn't for ray's 2 threes we'd have lost the game 3 minutes earlier.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]if it wasn't for ray's 2 threes we'd have lost the game 3 minutes earlier.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

That's nothing new. Every time Ray Allen struggles the Celtics also struggle. 

Against the Raptors, when Ray Allen did not make a single 3-point shot the Celtics were down, when Ray hit 2 3-pointers the Celtics got the lead and were on their way to another road win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]I posted this before somewhere but to reiterate, ,Lets face facts The C's are an old team and we saw last year what theyre about. Cruise control through the regular season and turn it on during the playoffs. Why would you think anythings changed? Playing intense defense 48 mins each game is exhausting both physically & mentally. If they try to do that, they will win many more games but will prob be burned out in Feb. Thay are pacing themselves cause they need to. How many times you wanna listen to the presser where they say.. "we cant take teams lightly, we were complacent, we have to play defense all 48 mins"... I mean, dont you get sick of hearing this over and over and over?? The players and coaches already know this... they been saying it for years. Its not that they let down by accident, they do so purposely. Look, nobody on the team can ever say this publicly but they just want to get through the regular season somewhat healthy and in the playoffs. Yea, theyd like home court advantage but its not that big a deal... just sounds good in the media. Expect more of the last 2 games in the future. In 2007, we buried teams..no let up. Hasnt been the same since... last year perfect example. Expect a repeat this year of 2008 reg season.... but we'll be there for the playoff run and if healthy, a real threat for the title
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of truth to what you say here.  Psychologically, this is exactly how PP, Ray and KG think.  Players & coaches say certain statements to the media because that is what is expected of them to say.  Even though deep down their belief may be entirely different.

Last year, they cruised through the second half of the season, turned it on in the playoffs, and had Perk not gone down in game 6 the Celtics might have won the big prize.  Had they won, they would have accomplished a feat few teams have accomplished in the NBA.  They would have defeated a golden child of the NBA in each of their playoff rounds.  They would have defeated 3 teams that were placed ahead of themselves before the playoffs began.  And I bet every Celtics believes that had Perk not gone down they would have won it all.

This belief can't be forgotten.  So get ready for being beaten by bad teams this regular season.  I bet Cs will only play well against other contenders during the regular season.

Sections
Shortcuts