Learn from the Spurs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

Learn from the Spurs

Today when Spurs were down about 15 in the late 2nd quarter, the Pop told the team to foul the lowsy free-throw shooter. They did it again when they led 13 in the fourth. Why Doc did not do it last night? San Antonio's success this year is a no surprise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Learn from the Spurs

In Response to Learn from the Spurs:
    [QUOTE]Today when Spurs were down about 15 in the late 2nd quarter, the Pop told the team to foul the lowsy free-throw shooter. They did it again when they led 13 in the fourth. Why Doc did not do it last night? San Antonio's success this year is a no surprise.
    Posted by bigegg[/QUOTE]

They are playing better than everyone else in the playoffs this season.  They haven't lost a game yet.  It is going to difficult for anyone to beat them.  It should be an interesting Western conference finals, but I don't believe that anyone can beat them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Learn from the Spurs:
    [QUOTE]Today when Spurs were down about 15 in the late 2nd quarter, the Pop told the team to foul the lowsy free-throw shooter. They did it again when they led 13 in the fourth. Why Doc did not do it last night? San Antonio's success this year is a no surprise.
    Posted by bigegg[/QUOTE]Doc is a good mentor but an average strategist. Can't compare him to Popovich who is a master at analyzing game situations and devising strategies. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

True. When was the last time Spurs lost big lead?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Doc has never played that foul game I don't think. To him it's admission of defeat in some way maybe?

It has proven to be a game changing strategy however.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Learn from the Spurs:
    [QUOTE]Doc has never played that foul game I don't think. To him it's admission of defeat in some way maybe? It has proven to be a game changing strategy however.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

It was definitely a good strategy for the Spurs which contributed to their win. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Duncan and Durant.  Both dominating the west.  Makes me wonder what if Pitino and Ainge were to land both of these players.  We could have won multiple championships.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

In Response to Re: Learn from the Spurs:
    [QUOTE]Duncan and Durant.  Both dominating the west.  Makes me wonder what if Pitino and Ainge were to land both of these players.  We could have won multiple championships.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

True. These two players are great. They need a great coach to win multiple rings though. Doc is a good, maybe very good coach, but not a great coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Spurs just closed out Clips.
    Spurs are consistently playing at a high level.
    Being bounced in the first round last year by the Griz must still be on their minds.
    Wish the C's could bring that same focus to each and every game, but you never know.  Basketball is a streaky game.
    Still, Spurs fans have got to be living in the moment now, while we Celtic fans
    are waiting and hoping.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" They need a great coach to win multiple rings though. Doc is a good, maybe very good coach, but not a great coach."

Bingo - I'd say all told Doc is a very good coach, whereas Pop is an all time great now. Therein lies a major piece of the OP's question. 

Sections
Shortcuts