LeBron commericals.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: LeBron commericals.

I saw it, too.  Basically his same punk self trying to shove it in our faces that he's an idiot who destroyed his own brand.  Way to go.  Congratulate yourself on ruining your chances at being the first billionaire athlete.  Nobody wants to buy into a player who's now just one of the (three) guys, especially when they have the ego and self-centered-ness to broadcast his backstabbing of his hometown on national television.  Seriously?  I'd cheer for the Lakers before I cheered for LeBron.  At least I can respect Kobe for not running off to (insert team with good supporting cast) when he certainly could have let his contract expire before his most recent $130mil extension, and also for actually winning championships, even if I don't like him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Less commercials, more basketball.  All anyone ever asked of LeBron is to make whatever decision he was gonna make with a little class and to let Cleveland down easy since it was pretty obvious he wasn't going back.  All he's done since he unceremoniously left Cleveland at the altar is to stick their nose in it, like a puppy who crapped on the floor.  That commercial was more of the same.  It's like he's saying eff you Cleveland, I did what I did like a classless jerk and I did it for me, so deal with it.

This guy doesn't get it.  He looks to be the selfish superstar petulant prat in all that he does.  He is utterly soul-less and I can really understand why the fans of Cleveland now dislike him.       

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't care about LeBron one way or another. Does he have an ego the size of Jupiter, yes. But so do most other elite players from the NBA.

Like all of us he has to live with whatever he decides to do in life, his past decisions may come back to haunt him. But I don't think he'll lose any sleep in regards to how he left Cleveland.

He's a person and he makes whatever decision he thinks is best for himself and his family/loved ones. Which is what we all do. I can't attack him for that. Cleveland fans would be better served not wasting their energy on hating the guy. He provided better service to the franchise than any other Cav I can think of.

Is he immature? Yes. But with a lot of athletes they are essentially a bunch of guys with Peter Pan complexes. Mix that with ego and it's a recipe for arrested development.

I thought the commercial was funny. Although LeBron is NO Phillip Michael Thomas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

RU, I agree with you somewhat but he seems a little to keen to kick Cleveland while they're down.  Too personal, makes him a loathsome person.  I couldn't care less if he plays in South Beach or Cleveland either, but the guy needs to play basketball and distance himself from the soap opera he created.  That commercial was like twisting the knife after you stick in between the ribs.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: LeBron commericals.:
    [QUOTE]Less commercials, more basketball.  All anyone ever asked of LeBron is to make whatever decision he was gonna make with a little class and to let Cleveland down easy since it was pretty obvious he wasn't going back.  All he's done since he unceremoniously left Cleveland at the altar is to stick their nose in it, like a puppy who crapped on the floor.  That commercial was more of the same.  It's like he's saying eff you Cleveland, I did what I did like a classless jerk and I did it for me, so deal with it. This guy doesn't get it.  He looks to be the selfish superstar petulant prat in all that he does.  He is utterly soul-less and I can really understand why the fans of Cleveland now dislike him.       
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Great post and I definitely agree with you.  It isnt just the fans of Cleveland that dislike him, but many NBA fans.  He went from one of the most liked professional athletes to one of the most disliked in a few short months.  The only way to improve his image is to start acting differently, which is difficult for him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Did anyone time that foolishness? It had to be @ least 1 minute but seemed like 2. How completely rediculous and self serving. I wouldn't want this jerk on my team if he played for nothing.

Now on the other hand, we have a superstar on our team, who has several rings, and what does he do to self promote himself?? Sits like a statue for an hour at Harvard square, and lets fans kid him and try to get him to crack a smile while they snap as many pictures as they want. You want to be noticed Lebron? find a way to do it with class like Shaq did.

Learn a lesson Lebron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Shaq's still got the whole Peter Pan syndrome thing happening. But he's got a little bit more maturity than LeBron has.

Shaq still isn't above doing or saying something that is completely hairbrained. I still see Shaq as being a child in a mans body. I think this will always be the case with him, as he really hasn't had to grow up yet. Certainly has the qualities of a child in a lot of ways, both the good and the bad.

Still I love the guy, he's entertaining and larger than life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i liked the commercial alot...not because im a lebron fan, not because im a heat fan but because he is trying to be his own man...like it or not, its admirable compared to the mindless sheeple you see at every other walk of life

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: LeBron commericals.:
    [QUOTE]i liked the commercial alot...not because im a lebron fan, not because im a heat fan but because he is trying to be his own man...like it or not, its admirable compared to the mindless sheeple you see at every other walk of life
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Latching onto Dwayne Wade's coattails in South Beach in search of a ring he couldn't grasp leading a talented group in Cleveland seems like an odd way to "be his own man."

Sections
Shortcuts