Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now?

The hate and jealousy is ridiculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCelticsBig3. Show TheCelticsBig3's posts

Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now?

Personally, I am not jealous of LeBron one bit, and the hate is justified. I will agree though, it's over and we should all move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now?:
    Personally, I am not jealous of LeBron one bit, and the hate is justified. I will agree though, it's over and we should all move on.
    Posted by TheCelticsBig3

The Cleveland Governor trying to rub it in by abusing his office to make the Mavericks honorary citizens is justified?
    And the Cavs owner gloating?
    Lebron's post game making the evening news?
    It's just crazy, the punishment he is getting for doing nothing wrong!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now? : The Cleveland Governor trying to rub it in by abusing his office to make the Mavericks honorary citizens is justified? And the Cavs owner gloating? Lebron's post game making the evening news? It's just crazy, the punishment he is getting for doing nothing wrong!
    Posted by DaCeltics

So you think accepting the nickname and calling yourself "the king" coming out of high school is ok? You think that shows any respect at all for the guys that came before him and actually accomplished something before ... " the king " You think its ok that he called the Cavs 10 min's before going on national TV to tell them cya??? He grew up there and thats how hes treats people hes close with. You dont think the decison was one of the most classless moves in sports ... ever? You think its funny that he jokes about winning 6-7 rings at the one of the most over the top press conf. in history , fireworks etc. ... You think thats ok for a team that hasnt even won a game at that point? And i could go on ... but lets talk about all the losers like C.C. that are comparing him to MJ ... "Bron wasnt CLOSE to MJ before the finals and couldnt look worse than he does now. You think its ok for the media , stupid 16-18 y/o kids ( like C.C. ) , Pip , to call this guy just a scorer? "Bron is a better defender than MJ , 'Bron is more verstaile than MJ ... in the end "Bron will be better than MJ. And you dont have a problem with this? And dude get over yourself , i dont know ONE person that is seriously jealous Bron ... what are you in high school. Yes were all sooo jealous of a guy that absolutely choked on the biggest stage of his life. Please sign me up to trade lives. Cmon will ya , i dont know about you. But i actually know what im talking about , im actually a real basketball fan and care about how this game is played and whats said about it. The Heat had the series gift wrapped in bow by Stern and they choked it away. How many flops did James/Wade/Bosh take in the finals? And you want to say its ok , get over it. Sorry but im going to defend the game a love.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now? : So you think accepting the nickname and calling yourself "the king" coming out of high school is ok? You think that shows any respect at all for the guys that came before him and actually accomplished something before ... " the king " You think its ok that he called the Cavs 10 min's before going on national TV to tell them cya??? He grew up there and thats how hes treats people hes close with. You dont think the decison was one of the most classless moves in sports ... ever? You think its funny that he jokes about winning 6-7 rings at the one of the most over the top press conf. in history , fireworks etc. ... You think thats ok for a team that hasnt even won a game at that point? And i could go on ... but lets talk about all the losers like C.C. that are comparing him to MJ ... "Bron wasnt CLOSE to MJ before the finals and couldnt look worse than he does now. You think its ok for the media , stupid 16-18 y/o kids ( like C.C. ) , Pip , to call this guy just a scorer? "Bron is a better defender than MJ , 'Bron is more verstaile than MJ ... in the end "Bron will be better than MJ. And you dont have a problem with this? And dude get over yourself , i dont know ONE person that is seriously jealous Bron ... what are you in high school. Yes were all sooo jealous of a guy that absolutely choked on the biggest stage of his life. Please sign me up to trade lives. Cmon will ya , i dont know about you. But i actually know what im talking about , im actually a real basketball fan and care about how this game is played and whats said about it. The Heat had the series gift wrapped in bow by Stern and they choked it away. How many flops did James/Wade/Bosh take in the finals? And you want to say its ok , get over it. Sorry but im going to defend the game a love.  
    Posted by startrightnow

Great post !  LeBron created all of this hate by the decision program last summer.  I agree it was one of the most classless programs that I have ever seen and don't believe something similar to this will ever happen again.  I could go on, but your post expresses the way many NBA fans feel about LeBron and the Miami Heat. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now? : Great post !  LeBron created all of this hate by the decision program last summer.  I agree it was one of the most classless programs that I have ever seen and don't believe something similar to this will ever happen again.  I could go on, but your post expresses the way many NBA fans feel about LeBron and the Miami Heat. 
    Posted by susan250

He used his stardom to raise money for charity!
    What a bad guy.
    So the program stunk.
    So What? How about the charity money created? We are a sick society.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Why can't we enjoy Lebron's crash and burn? Especially after ESPN's over hype of the most overrated player of all time.
    Posted by Kirk6

We can James and we will-
    Less Bron and the new "big three"
    spanked in six games by Dirk& co 
    with a 102 degree fever...

Love it !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now? : He used his stardom to raise money for charity! What a bad guy. So the program stunk. So What? How about the charity money created? We are a sick society.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Tes, I agree. LessBron is an innocent lamb.
    LeBron is the king turned dictator...
    He is a benevolent one though, a giver of life!

GO CELTICS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now? : Great post !  LeBron created all of this hate by the decision program last summer.  I agree it was one of the most classless programs that I have ever seen and don't believe something similar to this will ever happen again.  I could go on, but your post expresses the way many NBA fans feel about LeBron and the Miami Heat. 
    Posted by susan250

For the life of me i can figure out why people defend this guy??? LOL He's going to be the richest sports figure EVER , im talking 1-2 billion here by the time hes 45. And you want me to pat him on the back while he insults every HOF player that paved the way for FA??? You think Bill F'in Russell was working his a s s off getting absolutely no $$$ for years so this kid can call his HOMETOWN TEAM 10 MIN'S before he leaves to play on maybe the biggest front-running team EVER ... you think deep down inside thats what he had in mind? The guy insults every serious hoop fan with the decison , that stupid press conf after where he says" once the game starts its going to be easy" , " not 4 , not 5 , not , 6 , 7 championships " ... " once the game starts its going to be easy". That doesnt bother you after the guy absolutely quits on his team bc he cant do it by himself. You think its alright that a guy gets praised and accepts praise as being the next ... no better than MJ , and he hasnt won a f'in thing??? Your ok with that , really? The guy just admitted he couldnt beat the C's by himself , so instead of building a team around him , he jumps ship to go play with the 2-3rd best player in the world. A dumb idea bc they both need they ball in their hands , especially 'Bron. Its sad how bad he is when he doesnt have the ball in his hands. Its not like he wasnt close , its not like he wasnt going to break through in a year or so. He took a team that wasnt as bad as AI's 76er's but pretty close. So i take it you enjoy watching front runners huh? 'Bron was a few players away from 2-3 rings but couldnt man up and be " the man ". Listen every single player needs help , no serious fan would say otherwise. BUT ... there was absolutely NO MISTAKE about who the MAN was on the Bulls , Celtics , Lakers etc. The ball was going to and through MJ , Larry and Shaq , obviously onlt talking about the Celts from the 80's and LakeShow of early 2000's for examples. Everyone , from teamates , ref's , other players , you/me , the guy across the street who doesnt watch TV knows whos getting the ball. Lebron James just made disgraced himself , the league and real fans everywhere by ... insulting us with the decison , that press conf , joked about how easy it would be to win 6-7 rings , admitted he couldnt be the man , disappeared in the 4th qr on both ends , absolutely would hide on the weak side during keys times in the game , flops ... and then tell us fans that make it possible for him to live the life he does ... he tells us that we have wake up to the same life we had before , LOL WERE the ones that need to get back to reality?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now? : For the life of me i can figure out why people defend this guy??? LOL He's going to be the richest sports figure EVER , im talking 1-2 billion here by the time hes 45. And you want me to pat him on the back while he insults every HOF player that paved the way for FA??? You think Bill F'in Russell was working his a s s off getting absolutely no $$$ for years so this kid can call his HOMETOWN TEAM 10 MIN'S before he leaves to play on maybe the biggest front-running team EVER ... you think deep down inside thats what he had in mind? The guy insults every serious hoop fan with the decison , that stupid press conf after where he says" once the game starts its going to be easy" , " not 4 , not 5 , not , 6 , 7 championships " ... " once the game starts its going to be easy". That doesnt bother you after the guy absolutely quits on his team bc he cant do it by himself. You think its alright that a guy gets praised and accepts praise as being the next ... no better than MJ , and he hasnt won a f'in thing??? Your ok with that , really? The guy just admitted he couldnt beat the C's by himself , so instead of building a team around him , he jumps ship to go play with the 2-3rd best player in the world. A dumb idea bc they both need they ball in their hands , especially 'Bron. Its sad how bad he is when he doesnt have the ball in his hands. Its not like he wasnt close , its not like he wasnt going to break through in a year or so. He took a team that wasnt as bad as AI's 76er's but pretty close. So i take it you enjoy watching front runners huh? 'Bron was a few players away from 2-3 rings but couldnt man up and be " the man ". Listen every single player needs help , no serious fan would say otherwise. BUT ... there was absolutely NO MISTAKE about who the MAN was on the Bulls , Celtics , Lakers etc. The ball was going to and through MJ , Larry and Shaq , obviously onlt talking about the Celts from the 80's and LakeShow of early 2000's for examples. Everyone , from teamates , ref's , other players , you/me , the guy across the street who doesnt watch TV knows whos getting the ball. Lebron James just made disgraced himself , the league and real fans everywhere by ... insulting us with the decison , that press conf , joked about how easy it would be to win 6-7 rings , admitted he couldnt be the man , disappeared in the 4th qr on both ends , absolutely would hide on the weak side during keys times in the game , flops ... and then tell us fans that make it possible for him to live the life he does ... he tells us that we have wake up to the same life we had before , LOL WERE the ones that need to get back to reality?
    Posted by startrightnow

Another great post.  I am very surprised that their haven't been many other responses to this thread. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

LeBron is easy to hate, and all the reasons why have already been stated. I have been pretty tough on him the last couple of days, but when i saw him trying to explain what he was trying to say, and kind of apologize, i have to admit i felt a little sorry for him. I'll probably go back to hating him next year, but for now i think i'll let it go!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Why can't we enjoy Lebron's crash and burn? Especially after ESPN's over hype of the most overrated player of all time.
    Posted by Kirk6

i don't see anything wrong with enjoying the heck out of it.  lebaron is the product of the modern coddling and pre-ordaining system where the talented kids are pre-annointed kings and "the best", long before they've even faced any challenges. 

for his part, lebaron has chosen to continue down the road of head case 120% on his own now that he's old enough to know better.  his herd of yes men sucking his cash down must number over a dozen.  so he gets what he deserves when he flagrantly under-produces in the clutch.  and he deserves whatever he gets!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

LeBron is easy to hate, and all the reasons why have already been stated. I have been pretty tough on him the last couple of days, but when i saw him trying to explain what he was trying to say, and kind of apologize, i have to admit i felt a little sorry for him. I'll probably go back to hating him next year, but for now i think i'll let it go!!
    Posted by kyceltic

ummm, have you noticed how lebaron is the most "mis-quoted" athlete on the earth?  not even kobe at his most arrogant ran his yap like lebaron does!  remember lebaron when he came out firmly in FAVOR of nba CONTRACTION- his statement was precise and decisive.  he knew what he meant.  then the next day stern called his cell phone and told him to stop trashing the nba product like an arrogant prikk or he'd have the refs stop gifting the five step travels and charges.... and suddenly lebaron was "misquoted", mis-remembered, mis-spoke, didn't mean it, and all that. 

this has happened with lebaron at least five times over the years when he has opened his mouth and brain f@arted in front of a mic.  each time he thinks people are dumb enough to believe him telling a lie to cover up the truth about what he thought initially. 

he could start by having enough integrity to admit that he made a mistake.  i think people would like him a lot more if he admitted he was human.  he's never done that.  so screw him!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Lebron is the Alex Rodriguez of Basketball. Great Athlete and great stats. Chased the ring and said all the wrong things. Once on the big stage inability to perform in the clutch in comparison to the teammate playing right next to him was exposed. Just like ARod, there is no turning back, he never will be called the best ever now. Arod could hit 1000 homers and his lack of clutchness and chase of the title ended that forever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Lebron is the Alex Rodriguez of Basketball. Great Athlete and great stats. Chased the ring and said all the wrong things. Once on the big stage inability to perform in the clutch in comparison to the teammate playing right next to him was exposed. Just like ARod, there is no turning back, he never will be called the best ever now. Arod could hit 1000 homers and his lack of clutchness and chase of the title ended that forever.
    Posted by Celtics1986

I agree. He has turned into the A Rod of the NBA. But it ain't over yet.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now? : It was over for you when you predicted the Heat would sweep the Mavs. Bang! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I did not know how much Dirk improved and how dangerous Terry, Kidd and Barea would be.

I could add Marion and Stevenson to that list. I thought they were just bodies, not clutch role players.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lebron is a young man who can change if he wants.  He seems so removed from reality however, it will not happen until some real life comes to him.  I would not hold my breath though.
    He should be scorned his values and arrogance make him a symbol of the narcissism our society is laden down with.  He stinks there is not a shred of humility in him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Lebron is a young man who can change if he wants.  He seems so removed from reality however, it will not happen until some real life comes to him.  I would not hold my breath though. He should be scorned his values and arrogance make him a symbol of the narcissism our society is laden down with.  He stinks there is not a shred of humility in him.
    Posted by concord27

You make him sound like Roger Clemons or Barry Bonds. THOSE GUYS fit your discription. Lebron just doesn't understand how to "say what people want to hear" like MJ was so good at.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Lebron lost, Whoop Dee Dooo! Can we grow up now? : I did not know how much Dirk improved and how dangerous Terry, Kidd and Barea would be. I could add Marion and Stevenson to that list. I thought they were just bodies, not clutch role players.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Should have watched them this year or during the playoffs. There bench was what set them apart from everyone else. That and the fact that OKC and Chi couldnt get their stuff together. OKC thought Perk would be a difference maker but he just hurt them. Cant believe people actually think we couldnt win bc he got traded. Anyway The Mavs bench is deep and very effective. They can shoot/defend and they know their role and love it. And Dirk has been playing at this level for a sometime now , if he played any D at all he would be top 10-20. One thing that cant be overlooked even though i think the Heat choked it away. Is that Dallas as a team came together at the sametime , everyone was playing at their highest level. Reminds me a little bit of the B's this year.

Sections
Shortcuts