Lee unhappy with Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Lee unhappy with Rondo

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I look forward to seeing Bradley, Lee, Pierce, Sullinger and KG starting.

I would start Green at the 2, but Doc will never do that.

uhm, Green is 6'9'' He also, has less lateral quickness than Chris Wilcox and Darko Milicic He's a gazelle north south but not so much side to side and you really think he should chase players like Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton through screens? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

Courtney Lee âœ” @CourtneyLee2211

Somebody Please tell me who Zach Lowe is??? If your going to report anything about me or go on shows talking about meINTERVIEW ME FIRST!!

5:56 PM - 30 Jan 13   So uhm, being denied by Lee. 

nobody will have anything to say about this tho. 

You are too much in love with GONDO to see the truth. Blind, love, how sweet! HA!!!!

Uhm, right, when faced with Coutney's Lee's actuall  response to the story, which strongly refutes what is reported, instead of beleiving Lee you say that I'm biased. Well I guess Courtney Lee is biased towards Rondo because he seems to agree with me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Well, I hope that is not true, cause what is worse than a teammate badmouthing another guy who just went down with a ACL?

True or not true, it is clear, that Lee has to deny it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Well, I hope that is not true, cause what is worse than a teammate badmouthing another guy who just went down with a ACL?

Lee is making 5 million a year. Thats a whole lot of cabbage for most folks. 

His job is likely in jeopardy is he doesn't deny  saying these things.

Do you think that Cs management wants to hear this sort of noise? Particularly if it has a ring of truth to it?

It makes management look awfully bad.

After all R9R is the face of the franchise.. and the franchise is worth many hundreds of millions of $$$... and a lot of Celtic branding is tied for better or worse to the  persona of the enigmatic, mercurial diva wearing #9.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am missing something with all the complaints about Rondo, this thread is basically saying Rondo is not a team player?  Or he dribbles the ball too much? One of the things this team was not doing was showing up.  Don't you all remember what Doc said when he called the team out?  Lee and Bradley help a lot but Rondo was never the problem.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I am not calling out Rondo, definitely not in my mind.  I just don't like offensive set that we currently have which is predominantly Rondo for 20 seconds and then someone gets a shot.  Maybe that is the right thing to do at times but I wish it was a little more balance and there is a little more variety with more people getting a lot more touches some other times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Do you think that Cs management wants to hear this sort of noise? Particularly if it has a ring of truth to it?

After all R9R is the face of the franchise.. and the franchise is worth many hundreds of millions of $$$... and a lot of Celtic branding is tied for better or worse to the  persona of the enigmatic, mercurial diva wearing #9.

Pud

Funny how you assume (without evidence) that lee's complaint was real. then you assume (without evidence) That his denial can't be real.

Basically you beleive what you beleive independent of what happens in reality. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

I am not calling out Rondo, definitely not in my mind.  I just don't like offensive set that we currently have which is predominantly Rondo for 20 seconds and then someone gets a shot.  Maybe that is the right thing to do at times but I wish it was a little more balance and there is a little more variety with more people getting a lot more touches some other times.

I agree and I'm a huge Rondo fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Well if the C's end up with a decent season...Rondo is gone...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I have no problems with Rondo going.  In fact, Danny can trade him right now.  Perhaps he can get Phoenix interested.  The only requirement is that the return should be adequate.  If the return is not adequate then Rondo is not going, irrespective of how the team plays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I doubt tha.t KG and pierce aren't getting any younger. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

I agree and I'm a huge Rondo fan.

Oh people are involved but they are not producing... Pierce is shooting something like 35% for the past month, Terry shot is definitely not falling....in fact this team cant score yet that is all on Rondo? Like Ive said before, he has his faults and is immature at times but I believe he is running the offense according to Doc....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

All to do about nothing....Rondo naysayers so quick to put out some negative article that doesn't even have legs to stand on.

I have watched  most of the national games on TV and listend to quite a few on XM and I think it is overblown about all this pounding the ball.  Sometimes the play called takes to long to develop or players or not moving in the right spots and time ticks down.  I hate the PP ISO play at the end of quarters and games.  The Ball sticks with PP.  PP is a turnover machine.  KG shot fade away jumpers when he is in the paint.  JT can't hit the side of a barn. Sully is a foul machine. Barbosa isn't a good finisher at the rim.  Too many flip shots.  Lee has been inconsistent with his shot.  although he has picked it up lately.  Jeff Green has been underachieving and spotty with his offensive game. AB, can play defense, but needs to know when to back up and give the offensive player some space and his offensive game is still raw.  Bass has regressed.  Collins is a stiff.  Wilcox stays hurt....

RR...he has his drawbacks.  He passes up some shots when he should just shoot it or finish at the rim.  Gambles at times, but what player doesn't. 

I like RR but he pounds the ball to a fault!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

Funny how you assume (without evidence) that lee's complaint was real. then you assume (without evidence) That his denial can't be real.

Basically you beleive what you beleive independent of what happens in reality. 

I've not assumed anything at all. Dunno whether or not this happened. But it is very bad for the franchise and for Lee. Very bad PR.

Maybe you know what happened because I don't... and I don't claim to know.

So tell me... what happened?

Pud

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I think they would wait till next season. Don't see how you would trade an injured player and expect a good return...But If this team makes the playoffs and plays well...this could be the end for Mr. Rondo in green..just speculating...

I have no problems with Rondo going.  In fact, Danny can trade him right now.  Perhaps he can get Phoenix interested.  The only requirement is that the return should be adequate.  If the return is not adequate then Rondo is not going, irrespective of how the team plays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Courtney Lee âœ” @CourtneyLee2211

Somebody Please tell me who Zach Lowe is??? If your going to report anything about me or go on shows talking about meINTERVIEW ME FIRST!!

5:56 PM - 30 Jan 13   So uhm, being denied by Lee. 

nobody will have anything to say about this tho. 

Beat me to it,  Jamez. And like Lee,  I  don't know who the hell  Zach Lowe is,  either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Lloyd - how have you been, man?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

does anyone know WHO WAS HAPPY UNDER RONDO?  who really thrived when rondo "ran" the "offense"?  pierce and kg got their touches.  ray had to run the soles of his sneakers because the schemes were so stale, all to get a still-contested fade away deep 2 or 3.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

i heard that the celtics won a championship with rondo starting at PG... might just be a rumor though. i don't see how any players could thrive playing with a pass first PG who leads the league in assists. boston will win the championship this year for sure now that rondo is out.

+

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I look forward to seeing Bradley, Lee, Pierce, Sullinger and KG starting.

I would start Green at the 2, but Doc will never do that.

uhm, Green is 6'9'' He also, has less lateral quickness than Chris Wilcox and Darko Milicic He's a gazelle north south but not so much side to side and you really think he should chase players like Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton through screens? 

I guess you didn't see Green cover Lebron, Wade, and Ray Allen on Sunday.

He blocked Ray Allen's jump shot.

Green has plenty of quickness.

Green has never started at the 2 in the pros, or in college, and I am sure High school as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

i heard that the celtics won a championship with rondo starting at PG... might just be a rumor though. i don't see how any players could thrive playing with a pass first PG who leads the league in assists. boston will win the championship this year for sure now that rondo is out.

We also won championships with Henry Finkel on the team...

Rondo was on the team in 2008.. just wasnt in the category of big contributor, in case u forgot.. For many times during the finals games, ROndo was parked on the bench cause he was a liabilty...

GLad I could help

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I loved Finkel.

That said Rondo played 30 minutes a game in 08, Finkel played less then 10 minutes a game in the years the Celtics won a championship.

If you're trying to make a point, even if being facetious, picking the most ridiculous comparison possible isn't usually the best way to go about it.

Sections
Shortcuts