Lee unhappy with Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Lee unhappy with Rondo

Well, then, he now needs to step up and play better.  He's got the whole rest of the year to prove himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In a way, I agree with him.  Rondo gets the ball and he decides what to do.  Pick and roll with KG or sometimes Pierce get to go at it.  The rest just wait around and see if maybe they get the ball with few seconds left with open jump shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Well, then, he now needs to step up and play better.  He's got the whole rest of the year to prove himself.

And, my bet is that they all will!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Less is absolutely correct imo...

Lets hope he puts up more now

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/1/30/3933178/ubuntu-is-back-courtney-lee-eviscerates-zach-lowe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't think this is a coincidence. We've all noticed how much more energized the team plays and how well the ball moves when Rondo is out. I'm starting to wonder  were these guys giving 110%. Rondo dominates the ball and he decides who shoots, how much and when. This team doesn't need one primary ballhandler, everyone should be handling the ball for drive and dish baskets...PP, Lee, Barbosa, Terry, AB.

I think there has been some underlying animosity in the locker room and I think we may find out that it was because everyone didn't have a chance to play their game.

I blame a lot of this on Doc Rivers but let's see how this works.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Less is absolutely correct imo...

Lets hope he puts up more now

I second that Karl. The Cs can win without Rondo. And I think they are going to prove it. Now, I can't say with 100% certainty that DOC will step up and do a better job managing minutes. He will be a key component in all this. Let's hope he starts using his players to their fullest.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

In a way, I agree with him.  Rondo gets the ball and he decides what to do.  Pick and roll with KG or sometimes Pierce get to go at it.  The rest just wait around and see if maybe they get the ball with few seconds left with open jump shot.

Exactly.

Why Rivers puts up with this is beyond me.

Because he has no cojones to tell rondo to 3ff 0ff!

Such a shame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

We all felt something wasn't right with this team because there's too much talent in the locker room to be under .500. I think this is going to humble Rondo and hopefully make him a better teammate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

We all felt something wasn't right with this team because there's too much talent in the locker room to be under .500. I think this is going to humble Rondo and hopefully make him a better teammate.

You can't be ahead -- we don't know what Lee-Bradley tandem will produce - If they can carry the team...then Rondo will need to adjust and be humbled next time he comes back.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

totally agree............ESPN sportscasters mentioned that when he went down that RR is a stat padder for himself........as you said he dribbles the ball up and waits til the shot clock winds down trying to get a pass into PP or KG...he also like to direct traffic killing the clock.....his finger pointing you go here you go there......totally stupid if a a play is called run it.......knowing that they are probably the best shooters on the team and he will pad his assist total.......problem is as they have ages they don't get open and then the shot clock winds down and he either heaves a desparation shot or gets it to someone else who has to heave a desparation shot..........point being that the ball doesn't move......

Do you have a source for the ESPN broadcasters who said that Rondo was padding his stats? That said, there definitely are times when I agree that Rondo waits way too long and  the Cs end up in rushed shots but what also needs to be mentioned and what Kirk did NOT point out is that there is also an issue that players are not moving when they should and thus Rondo stands out front dribbling and waiting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

You are all wrong! Rondo is the qb of the offense. He passes alot to Garnett and Pierce,because they are the best players,and give the Celtics the best chance to score. Rondo made Wilcox a factor on the offensive end,when no one else can on the Celtics.

Rondo is like Brady. Brady throws alot to Welker,Gronk. Rondo is the qb,so quit whining.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Courtney Lee  @CourtneyLee2211

Somebody Please tell me who Zach Lowe is??? If your going to report anything about me or go on shows talking about meINTERVIEW ME FIRST!!

5:56 PM - 30 Jan 13   So uhm, being denied by Lee. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Courtney Lee âœ” @CourtneyLee2211

Somebody Please tell me who Zach Lowe is??? If your going to report anything about me or go on shows talking about meINTERVIEW ME FIRST!!

nobody will have anything to say about this tho. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

All to do about nothing....Rondo naysayers so quick to put out some negative article that doesn't even have legs to stand on.

I have watched  most of the national games on TV and listend to quite a few on XM and I think it is overblown about all this pounding the ball.  Sometimes the play called takes to long to develop or players or not moving in the right spots and time ticks down.  I hate the PP ISO play at the end of quarters and games.  The Ball sticks with PP.  PP is a turnover machine.  KG shot fade away jumpers when he is in the paint.  JT can't hit the side of a barn. Sully is a foul machine. Barbosa isn't a good finisher at the rim.  Too many flip shots.  Lee has been inconsistent with his shot.  although he has picked it up lately.  Jeff Green has been underachieving and spotty with his offensive game. AB, can play defense, but needs to know when to back up and give the offensive player some space and his offensive game is still raw.  Bass has regressed.  Collins is a stiff.  Wilcox stays hurt....

RR...he has his drawbacks.  He passes up some shots when he should just shoot it or finish at the rim.  Gambles at times, but what player doesn't. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I don't think this is a coincidence. We've all noticed how much more energized the team plays and how well the ball moves when Rondo is out. I'm starting to wonder  were these guys giving 110%. Rondo dominates the ball and he decides who shoots, how much and when. This team doesn't need one primary ballhandler, everyone should be handling the ball for drive and dish baskets...PP, Lee, Barbosa, Terry, AB.

I think there has been some underlying animosity in the locker room and I think we may find out that it was because everyone didn't have a chance to play their game.

I blame a lot of this on Doc Rivers but let's see how this works.

Animosity? Am not suprised at all, to be honest. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if this is the tip of the iceberg.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

You are too much in love with GONDO to see the truth. Blind, love, how sweet! HA!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Does not change the fact that some people are yearning for a little more team ball.  When it worked and we were winning like we did last year, I can't argue with that.  Maybe teams have figured it out, maybe we need to adjust and incorporate a little more of other stuffs and be a little more balance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Just a matter of time until the facade came down.. Several here have been pointing this out for a long time... Has nothing to do with liking/disliking anyone.. purely basketball.

Unfortunately in todays world.... sports, political, cultural and most all other opinioins are dictating by the media... If the media says so-and-so is a superstar, then dam it , hes a superstar!!

If you take the time to look carefully for yourself, then all the other noise is suppllemental to your own opinion..

Sections
Shortcuts