Lee unhappy with Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Lee unhappy with Rondo

I hope they ship his 4rs3 once they realize he doesn't do that much at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I loved Finkel.

That said Rondo played 30 minutes a game in 08, Finkel played less then 10 minutes a game in the years the Celtics won a championship.

If you're trying to make a point, even if being facetious, picking the most ridiculous comparison possible isn't usually the best way to go about it.

Comparison is fine because the point is being fifth, sixth  or 8th fiddle on the team that wins a title doesnt mean youve been elevated to the category of leading the team to a championship.. Maybe you just dont or wont get it because its about the player you have a crush on.

Also, look at Rondos per game minutes in 2008 finals during minutes that matter.. He did play early minutes but also alot of garbage time... thats where he flourished..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I loved Finkel.

That said Rondo played 30 minutes a game in 08, Finkel played less then 10 minutes a game in the years the Celtics won a championship.

If you're trying to make a point, even if being facetious, picking the most ridiculous comparison possible isn't usually the best way to go about it.

Comparison is fine because the point is being fifth, sixth  or 8th fiddle on the team that wins a title doesnt mean youve been elevated to the category of leading the team to a championship.. Maybe you just dont or wont get it because its about the player you have a crush on.

Also, look at Rondos per game minutes in 2008 finals during minutes that matter.. He did play early minutes but also alot of garbage time... thats where he flourished..

Why do you think I have a crush on Rondo?  What have I written that makes you think that? 

You make your weak arguments worse with your childish insults.

Finkel wasn't the 8th fiddle.  He was the 12th.  Whether you like Rondo or not he obviously conrtibuted to the Celtics winning an NBA championship and he has reason to be proud of that. It really doesn't have anything to do with how is he performing this year anyway.  it was 5 years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Zach Lowe says Courtney Lee has been very unhappy in Boston due to his frustration w/ Rondo's game... Lowe was on Bill Simmons' show yesterday and mentioned that he's heard that Courtney Lee has been unhappy w/ C's Rondo led offense. First I've heard of this. Here's the exact quote around the 53 minute mark: Sulia

"I've heard through back channels that Courtney Lee has been really unhappy in Boston, because he feels like the whole offense is Rondo pounding the ball and doesn't get to do anything." Sulia

Truth as seen in the last 2 box scores !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I loved Finkel.

Why do you think I have a crush on Rondo?  What have I written that makes you think that? 

Finkel wasn't the 8th fiddle.  He was the 12th.  Whether you like Rondo or not he obviously conrtibuted to the Celtics winning an NBA championship and he has reason to be proud of that. It really doesn't have anything to do with how is he performing this year anyway.  it was 5 years ago.

Pretty clever how you left out the original post from your response.. just not clever enuf..

MY response wasnt that Rondo didnt contribute, as ur trying to imply... mine was in response to someone elses post that said  .."i heard that the celtics won a championship with rondo starting at PG." pointing out Rondo had something to do with it but wasnt one of the main ingredients, like Pierce, Ray, KG, Posey et al...

Naturally  youre trying to spin it to your liking...as if I posted he had nothing to do with it, Try again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo as a player brings his own attributes but (moreso than most) is also an extension of his coach, Doc Rivers. If they want him to run more and pass more, they need to coach him to do so for the good of the team. If he refuses and continues to hog the ball, then that would be a problem. But I think he's been coached this way and these recent games have shown that's a mistake (just like it is when Kobe hogs the ball, or Deron Williams, or Westbrook, do so). Rondo likes to think of his position as a quarterback; which is an OK analogy, but within that context, he seems to be always passing for teh 20 yard gain, when often a quick little hand off for 4 yards is what's needed. Translated into basketball, he's leeting the clock run down looking for the highest perecentag shot off of a pass of his, instead of promoting a motion offense with flow. I have to think that's on the coaching and should be fixable. More positively, Rondo, more than Paul and KG can take over a game offensively, which is needed in the playoffs. Lastly, he's moody, which is not needed any time, and hopefully he can reflect on that and get some help in that area during his ACL rehabilitation period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I loved Finkel.

Pretty clever how you left out the original post from your response.. just not clever enuf..

MY response wasnt that Rondo didnt contribute, as ur trying to imply... mine was in response to someone elses post that said  .."i heard that the celtics won a championship with rondo starting at PG." pointing out Rondo had something to do with it but wasnt one of the main ingredients, like Pierce, Ray, KG, Posey et al...

Naturally  youre trying to spin it to your liking...as if I posted he had nothing to do with it, Try again

You are a pretty odd person. You also seem to have a hard time following conversations.

All I was talking about was that  your Finkel comparison was not apt and that Rondo contributed significantly to a championship.

This does not imply that i have a crush on Rondo, nor does it imply I was weighing in on your argument with another poster.

It simply implies that your Finkel analogy was not apt and that Rondo did contribute significantly to an NBA championship.

I wrote it twice so you wouldn't get confused.