Leon Powe Knee Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery

And just goes to show we did make the right decision after all by letting him go.  I still won't forget the great year he gave us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

and just think folks on here were willing to trade one of healthy players for him.  I feel for Leon, but DA made a basketball move.  It was business and I think folks should just move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

CELTICS SHOULD FIND A WAY TO ACQUIRE POWE NOW!!!

HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

We hate to lose players we like, but it's a business.  Wishing Powe the best. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Leon seemed like a really smart guy, not caught up in being an idiot.  Here's hoping he's good with his money to date, and that he can make a come back and play some more pro ball.  The guy has had the worst luck with his knees.

imagine if he never blew the out twice while still in college- he was leading the country in scoring one year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery:
    [QUOTE]CELTICS SHOULD FIND A WAY TO ACQUIRE POWE NOW!!! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

As gleeful as Fierce is, you would have thought that Powe had just lost a limb... or worse.

This is a tasteless juvenile humor demeaning a legit Celtic hero.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery : As gleeful as Fierce is, you would have thought that Powe had just lost a limb... or worse. This is a tasteless juvenile humor demeaning a legit Celtic hero. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Celtic hero? Really? 

When will the Celtics retire Leon Powe's number?

If you have nothing better to do then why don't you go to your boyfriend celtsboy11 and kiss his bum.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Leon Powe Knee Surgery:
    [QUOTE]The Cavaliers are reporting Powe will be out 6 weeks following surgery for a meniscus tear in his right knee. It was first thought to be a bone bruise. Man, what bad luck.
    Posted by modod[/QUOTE]

One of toughest guys to ever play in this league. I just hope he can last a few more years and does a good job of saving his money so he will be OK way into the future

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery : Celtic hero? Really?  When will the Celtics retire Leon Powe's number? If you have nothing better to do then why don't you go to your boyfriend celtsboy11 and kiss his bum.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I was going to tactfully suggest that you let a grown up review your posts before you submit them... but you're obviously not going to take kindly to such a suggestion.

I'm guessing that you are very precocious 12... going on 13 maybe.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

he helped us win a championship man     p34 is whack

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery : Celtic hero? Really?  When will the Celtics retire Leon Powe's number? If you have nothing better to do then why don't you go to your boyfriend celtsboy11 and kiss his bum.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you say, but do not for a second think he didn't help us win that title.  He may have never been apart of the big picture, but he came through for us when we needed him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery : I agree with most of what you say, but do not for a second think he didn't help us win that title.  He may have never been apart of the big picture, but he came through for us when we needed him. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he didn't help us win a title. But when you say heroes, that belongs to Celtic greats like Russell, Cousy, Hondo, the old Big 3, and the current Big 3. 

Danny Ainge helped the Celtics win multiple titles and his number isn't even on the rafters yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery : You are one sick f...
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I'm not the one who's sick. Just keeping it real.

What's sick is saying that the Celtics are better off with Nate as the starting PG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery : I was going to tactfully suggest that you let a grown up review your posts before you submit them... but you're obviously not going to take kindly to such a suggestion. I'm guessing that you are very precocious 12... going on 13 maybe. Pud

Says you, the guy who has his mouth stuck unto celtsboy11's bum.

HAHAHA!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]he helped us win a championship man     p34 is whack
    Posted by Sev133[/QUOTE]

Nobody said anything about Leon Powe not helping the Celtics win a championship. Why don't you whack yourself instead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud I had no idea you had such reverence for a player just slightly more valuable than Scal.  I will always root for a good guy like Powe but to suggest he was anything more that a fan favorite like Scal or Hank Finkel is being silly.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Right on Kirk. If I didn't have a lot of respect for fierce(pierce) before... that number has dropped to zero.

Leon Powe was a warrior and hero that overcame! to get where he is. He WAS a big part of the o8 championship.

It was a lucky decision to cut him but I still thought thought we should have hired him in the office to at least give him a chance to recover. He was a smart kid and I wish him well!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud I had no idea you had such reverence for a player just slightly more valuable than Scal.  I will always root for a good guy like Powe but to suggest he was anything more that a fan favorite like Scal or Hank Finkel is being silly.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't like Leon Powe being demeaned and laughed at.... which is what P34 did.

Leon was a true Celtic in its best tradition and he made us all proud.

For P34 to be joyful that he is hurt and laughing at those who admire Leon and then throwing homophobic barbs around to cover his own ignorance.... is sick.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

on second thought and upon further review perhaps, celts should NOT bring bak either powe or posey. sometimes it is best to just move on. would rather have a luke or someone with a different history. like the pats, celtics have proven they can win with many types of supporting players. the system is player friendly to anyone willing to prioritize team and defense first concepts!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

who was the moron who said he would want to have either posey or powe or even walker next year? on second thoughts, for get that. that ship has sailed. ainge does a great job of finding role playing team and defense first contributors from anywhere. we can keep doing it..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery : Right on Kirk. If I didn't have a lot of respect for fierce(pierce) before... that number has dropped to zero. Leon Powe was a warrior and hero that overcame! to get where he is. He WAS a big part of the o8 championship. It was a lucky decision to cut him but I still thought thought we should have hired him in the office to at least give him a chance to recover. He was a smart kid and I wish him well!
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

Easy for you to say, you're not the one paying their salaries.

Leon Powe had one great game in the Finals, Game 2 he had 21 points, after that not much. Should the Celtics keep him forever just because of one great game?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe Knee Surgery : I don't like Leon Powe being demeaned and laughed at.... which is what P34 did. Leon was a true Celtic in its best tradition and he made us all proud. For P34 to be joyful that he is hurt and laughing at those who admire Leon and then throwing homophobic barbs around to cover his own ignorance.... is sick. Pud

If you love Leon Powe so much then why don't you go to the Cavs forum and tell everybody their that.

What's sick is you're still living in the past, 2008 has long passed. 

And for the record, I'm not laughing at Leon Powe, I'm laughing at fans that can't get over Leon Powe, like you. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I agree completely, Kirk6.

P34 is one sick f...

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

As much as I liked Leon, Eddie House was more valuable to the team back then and had a greater impact than Leon.  Lets start an Eddie House follow his career thread....

Sections
Shortcuts