Leon Powe Started Started For the Cavs Vs. The Timberwolves Sat. 11/04/10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Leon Powe Started Started For the Cavs Vs. The Timberwolves Sat. 11/04/10

That was the good news.  Leon had good stats for 22.6 min. (5-9 fg for 10 pts. 6 rb and 2 to) and appeared to be playing well when defending a man with the ball.  The bad news is Cleveland lost 129-95. I hope Leon's knee holds up so the Cavs can play and start him some more.  
         The Celtics obviously look good. We have to hope that come playoff time they will all be in good health.  As a matter of fact, I hope Miami is in good health also so they can get their butts whipped fair and square. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Leon Powe Started Started For the Cavs Vs. The Timberwolves Sat. 11/04/10

In Response to Re: Leon Powe Started Started For the Cavs Vs. The Timberwolves Sat. 11/04/10:
    Powe wouldn't have been able to do anything against Bynum or GaSoft last year.  We made the right choice and that was BBD over Powe.  They were virtually played the same role.  I liked Powe during his tenure in Boston, but he wasnt going to be of any use for the Celtics plan and they had to make, im sure a tough decision.  He had flashes of greatness just like Tony Allen, James Posey, Sam Cassell, Stephon Marbury, Bill Walker, Giddens, Hudson, and Moore who have walked through those doors since 2007.  They have upgraded with Daniels, Nate, Erdan, SHAQ and JON.  Powe was not the second coming of Mchale....
    Posted by jdm894g

I would hesitate to throw around the term "flashes of greatness" toward anyone who's had brief moments of acceptability in regard to their roles on a team.  I also would't equate a Sports Center highlight to a truly great player who has established himself as a day-in-day-out peerless player.  None that you cite is such a player.  Scintillating moments are sometimes memorable but that still doesn't elevate the player to "greatness".  While I understand that fans (including me) of sports are given to extensive hyperbole just like people overuse the word "genius".  There have been only four or five true geniuses in the history of mankind, but now every set of parents seem to produce one or two. But really, Bill Russell showed his "flashes" nearly every time he ran to the defensive end of the court, so let's not let the marginal become the exulted.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

powe played with a lot of heart but the celtics could not keep him due to his injury. 

i would not be surprised if he came back to the celtics at some time if his health holds up and the team has a need when he is available.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe Started Started For the Cavs Vs. The Timberwolves Sat. 11/04/10:
    powe played with a lot of heart but the celtics could not keep him due to his injury.  i would not be surprised if he came back to the celtics at some time if his health holds up and the team has a need when he is available.
    Posted by charliedarling

Harangody will be better than Powe. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

powe played with a lot of heart but the celtics could not keep him due to his injury.  i would not be surprised if he came back to the celtics at some time if his health holds up and the team has a need when he is available.
    Posted by charliedarling

I would like to see Leon back with the C's at some point also. Maybe next year as his contact expires with the Cavs this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I understand Leon Powe was good for us when he was here, but enough is enough.  Some people on here give him more props than KG and act like he is the answer to all of the Celtics problems?  I think eddie house was just as important, but people do not give him nearly enough credit as Leon Powe.  I just do not understand it.   

Sections
Shortcuts