Leon Powe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

Leon Powe

who here wishes the Celts would get Leon Powe back?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Leon Powe

Not me. We already have Big Baby and Luke Harangody, both players are only 6-6. No need for another 6-7 PF.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I wish he had never left/been cut/dropped/dumped/shafted/screwed.

He was/is the ultimate wounded Celtic warrior.

Healthy or unhealthy, he can have a spot on my Celtic team anytime.

We owe him.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe:
    I wish he had never left/been cut/dropped/dumped/shafted/screwed. He was/is the ultimate wounded Celtic warrior. Healthy or unhealthy, he can have a spot on my Celtic team anytime. We owe him. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

We owe him? Didn't the Celtics pay him when he was playing for the Cs?

The Lakers have a 7-0 Gasol, 7-1 Bynum, and a 6-10 Odom. You think a 6-7 Powe can be effective against those Laker big men?

The Celtics is not a charitable organization. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think he was pretty effective in the 08 finals. Count me as one who would find a place for Leon Powe!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe : We owe him? Didn't the Celtics pay him when he was playing for the Cs? The Lakers have a 7-0 Gasol, 7-1 Bynum, and a 6-10 Odom. You think a 6-7 Powe can be effective against those Laker big men? The Celtics is not a charitable organization. 
    Posted by P34

Only 6-7 you say???? Nonsense!

Based on the size of his heart alone, Leon has got to be at least 11 feet tall.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I loved Leon and his story.  And if he could occupy a place on the bench I would be pleased.  This team has more important issues at hand than loyalty to a player who has found a spot in Cleveland.  Good luck to him and may he thrive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

No need to look back let them go........

Starbury
    Powe
    Hudson
    Moore
    S. Williams

/\ /\ those are replaceable players....

Now if it was Joe Johnson or Chauncey Billups, then it we a better argument of players who were let go/traded/etc, and shouldnt have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Leon isn't playing much
    TA isn't doing much
    Posey isn't playing much
    Moore is.......where exactly?
    Marbury is in China
    Brown is retired
    Jefferson is on Utah

Ah, maybe Danny knows what he's doing!!

Leon is a wonderful story....maybe we can get him back next year.  This is his last Cleveland contract.  They are committed to Hickson and Pretty Boy.  IF Davis leaves, Leon could fill that role.  But I agree with Fierce, that we already have enough undersized PF's on our bench!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I would love to see Leon back as a Celtic. I don't think there's a need thus far this year. We're well stacked with bigs. Leon is young and will be a free agent next season. Let's see how this season pans out first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe : Leon Powe was not effective against those big men for the Lakers???  Did you not see the Celtics championship they won agains the Lakers???    Its not all about size, its about hustle and heart and he has more hustle and heart than any big on the Celtics right now and more than any of those on the Lakers. 
    Posted by dangr76

Leon played great one game, Game 2 of the 08 Finals. Don't forget that there was no Andrew Bynum at that time. 

Let's not kid ourselves here. Davis, JO and Shaq are better than Powe. 

Again, the Celtics are not a charitable organization. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

from a practical standpoint, there is no room for leon in this rotation.  our undersized swing 4/5 is a role being well filled by davis.  then for other bigs we have erden, and 2 o'neals, both of which, injuries and all, are better than leon.  leon was a great story and it was fun watching him do his straight line thing, but he has not been back proving that he can still do it since his injury unless he has gone nuts in the last two nights???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe : Leon played great one game, Game 2 of the 08 Finals. Don't forget that there was no Andrew Bynum at that time.  Let's not kid ourselves here. Davis, JO and Shaq are better than Powe.  Again, the Celtics are not a charitable organization. 
    Posted by P34

Leon is not asking for charity. He is more than willing to work and be a role model/keep his nose clean/do the down&dirty work/inspire teammates with his courage.

This isn't welfare. This is real work.

Simply said... Leon bleeds Celtic green.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

from a practical standpoint, there is no room for leon in this rotation.  our undersized swing 4/5 is a role being well filled by davis.  then for other bigs we have erden, and 2 o'neals, both of which, injuries and all, are better than leon.  leon was a great story and it was fun watching him do his straight line thing, but he has not been back proving that he can still do it since his injury unless he has gone nuts in the last two nights???
    Posted by aciemvp
    I agree. I'd just like to add that the rotation for bigs will even be more crowded when Perk returns. Leon is better off in a team like Cleveland which is rebuilding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe : Leon is not asking for charity. He is more than willing to work and be a role model/keep his nose clean/do the down&dirty work/inspire teammates with his courage. This isn't welfare. This is real work. Simply said... Leon bleeds Celtic green . Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

There is no doubt that Leon Powe is all of that. The problem is the Celtics have no room for him. Shaq, JO, Davis, Perk and Erden, that's already 5 bigs. Where will Leon fit in? You don't just give a player a contract because "we owe him". 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe : There is no doubt that Leon Powe is all of that. The problem is the Celtics have no room for him. Shaq, JO, Davis, Perk and Erden, that's already 5 bigs. Where will Leon fit in? You don't just give a player a contract because "we owe him". 
    Posted by P34

Next season!

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe : Next season! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

If the Celtics have room then why not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Hey, maybe we'll have room when we trade one of the bigs for Rudy and cut Wafer!!!

PA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Hey, maybe we'll have room when we trade one of the bigs for Rudy and cut Wafer!!! PA
    Posted by PACelt

Sounds familiar.

HAHAHA!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

We don't need Leon Powe, we have Baby (and now Semih).  Baby is a better player and keeps improving, while Leon  is the same he always has been and is probably a little diminished by his injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I like Leon Powe, he is a complementary player, starred in game 2 in the 2008 finals. He seems to be a good human being and would be a credit to any team that he's on.

Hope he comes and plays for the Lakers one day. He'd be an asset both on and off the court.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

We don't need Leon Powe, we have Baby (and now Semih).  Baby is a better player and keeps improving, while Leon  is the same he always has been and is probably a little diminished by his injury.
    Posted by cpjohn1

Baby's most important improvement will be in the mental department. He has the goods, he just needs to get his head right to play consistently during the season. And also to pick up his behaviour off the court. Was certainly an unusual way to pick up an injury as he did before the start of the 2009/10 season.

Still amazed that guy fell so far in the draft, always had a lot of potential. Now is the time to see if he can build on that potential and turn it into a good career.

Baby V Powe is an interesting argument. Powe is more injury prone, but I think in the right situation he could equal Baby's contributions to a team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We all loved Leon when he played for the C's. It was tough when he was let go. His recurring injury to his knees was a big factor and I believe the Celts didnt think he'd ever be the same.

So far, after over a full year of healing Leon is averaging 12 mins 4 pts 3 rebs for the rebuilding Cavs. That kind of says it all for me. Hes apparently just not the same player he used to be. Good guy & all will not get you a roster spot over a more valuable player.

Hope Leon does well but Danny made the right decision. Leon wouldnt have been much of a help to us the past 1 1/2 years and prob not now either. Hes not doing very much for the Cavs, where his opportunities are much greater.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Karllost, I agree about Powe.  I loved him as a Celtic.  The guy worked so hard.  I loved Posey as a Celtic and Tony Allen too.  However, those guys are not here now and we've moved on.

Powe will never be the guy who had the breakout game in the Finals.  There is nobody on this team that I'd take him over right now.  Since his injury, he just has not been the same and the Celtics cannot afford to "carry" him until he's 100% back.  This team's problem has been the lack of "length".  We addressed that problem and Leon doesn't provide that.

I wish him the best but I don't think we need another tough 6'7" or 6'8" player who struggles against "length".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe : JO is not better than Leon Powe.  I'm sorry but he just isn't.  8 years ago he was but not now.  Leon got rebounds and went right back up getting fouls called and putting opposing players in foul trouble.  JO is like 5 for 100 from the field since the playoffs last year.  Better shot blocker, yes, better all around than Powe I think not.
    Posted by dangr76

Apples and oranges.  JON is a PF who can play the 5.  Powe is a tweener who played the 4.  I like Powe's game a lot, but they are hardly comparable players.  And the point is moot since Glen Davis has become a much better player over the past few years.  I don't think Powe would play much right now with the way BBD is playing. 

Sections
Shortcuts