Leon Powe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Re: Leon Powe

POWE POWE POWE POWE POWE
    POSEY POSEY POSEY POSEY

The Cavs have stepped forward to finance Powe's knee surgery and I am sure will fit the bill for his next knee surgery this summer.  Thankfully Leon's knee surgeries from college have been paid off and he can now focus on his future surgeries.

Posey is old, has a bad contract and is not that good.  He is currently buried somewhere on the Pacers bench in Indiana-who were dumb enough to pick up the remaining 2 yr/$31 million of the 3yr contract that the Hornets were dumb enough to give him after his championship season with the Celts.  I am sure Indiana would love to move that contract and would probably be willing to pay some of it to get it off their hands.

I was doing a little research and I discovered that there are approx 450 other players in the NBA not named Powe or Posey-which may amaze some posters on this board who think the NBA consists of guys on the Celtics roster and guys who used to be on the Celtics roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

we all got a soft spot for Leon Powe.  He was someone who trully emboided what the Celtics are all about when he was here. Unfortunetly, what we are about (hustle, heart, and pride) can lead to injuries. His career is ruined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Powe:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe : JO is not better than Leon Powe.  I'm sorry but he just isn't.  8 years ago he was but not now.  Leon got rebounds and went right back up getting fouls called and putting opposing players in foul trouble.  JO is like 5 for 100 from the field since the playoffs last year.  Better shot blocker, yes, better all around than Powe I think not.
    Posted by dangr76[/QUOTE]

dangr

I think youre comparing the old Leon to this years version. The Leon of old was a starter in the making, perhaps even more. Good rebounder, defender & finisher. Since his latest surgery, I doubt hes anywhere near the old Leon. If he was, he'd be getting more than 12 mins per game on the Cavs.

JO hasnt set the house on fire this year either... and ive been a critic of his. But I can say he looks much better now than earlier and is starting to come around imo. Hes showed signs of everything, scoring, rebs, BS's etc. If he keeps improving with his understanding of the C's game and physically gets in better shape... he may become very valuable. At least it appears to me his game is improving as the weeks go by.

A decent JO is exactly what we need...  and he also can be an offensive threat from 5 feet (that Perk isnt) and hits his FT's. Time will tell, jury still out on JO but I think the verdict is already in on Leon... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Leon will always have a place of respect for Celts fans for all he did in '08. That said, you really want someone back who can't even break into the Cavs rotation in a significant manner? Scalabrine played with the same kind of heart (with less impact of course). You want him back too? 

Heart is not the only thing, otherwise a few of you might be on the Celtics too instead of writing about them. Let's see how Leon recovers from his latest surgery. Right now he is not the player he was. Jermaine O Neal is a much better fit with the teams we need to match up against (Orlando, Lakers) due to his bigger size. Not to mention Shaq. And now, Baby is a better player than Powe as well. 

Much respect to Powe but I don't want to see him limping up and down the court to relive past glory. And no, we don't owe him anything. Professional sports are not about owing people things. Powe is a millionaire and he's gonna be all right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

So the Celtis don't owe Leon anything. CHECK!

So maybe doc doesn't owe Leon a public apology for publicly reassuring him immediately after he was hurt that he would have a spot on the team the next season. CHECK!

After all, it was just a case of "superb coaching," intended no doubt to keep the teams (and Leon's) spirits soaring at least thru the  playoffs. Otherwise, the team might have a letdown and reflect on what just happened! CHECK!

Tough luck kid! Business is business. CHECK!

Play really, really hard, give it your all, bleed Celtic green.... but don't get hurt! CHECKMATE!

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnie0729. Show ronnie0729's posts

The game of basketball is based upon whether or not you can play now, not what you did before. I thought Leon's game was great because he was the only post-up player we had and he always found the blue sky. Those days are over! We have an excellent team now and the Celtics will win #18 this year! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

this is a whole lot of talking about a guy who couldn't crack the rotation in CLE when he came back last year and has played 3 of 6 games so far this year with unimpressive results.  why not wait and see what he can do any more?  chances are highly in favor of the fact that he is not as good as before.  and then you have to answer whether he is better than davis.  he isn't.  davis can do more with his strength and bulk at the 5 position. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]So the Celtis don't owe Leon anything. CHECK! So maybe doc doesn't owe Leon a public apology for publicly reassuring him immediately after he was hurt that he would have a spot on the team the next season. CHECK! After all, it was just a case of "superb coaching," intended no doubt to keep the teams (and Leon's) spirits soaring at least thru the  playoffs. Otherwise, the team might have a letdown and reflect on what just happened! CHECK! Tough luck kid! Business is business. CHECK! Play really, really hard, give it your all, bleed Celtic green.... but don't get hurt! CHECKMATE! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Pud, Doc promised Leon? lol Come on, now. Did Doc also promise Leon how much he'd make too?

This is why players have agents and contracts. Nobody gives out contracts for old times sake. The exception would be because the player would increase the teams market or the like.

Wake up, youre living in fantasyland.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Powe : Pud, Doc promised Leon? lol Come on, now. Did Doc also promise Leon how much he'd make too? This is why players have agents and contracts. Nobody gives out contracts for old times sake. The exception would be because the player would increase the teams market or the like. Wake up, youre living in fantasyland.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

That's right, pud, WAKE UP!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

LEON POWE IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR, FANS. AND IF YOU EXPECT HIM TO WALK THROUGH THAT DOOR, HE'S GOING TO BE WEARING A CLEVELAND CAVS UNIFORM.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

If Semih continues to develope, grab offense rebounds, take charges like last night and stay perferct on free throws, NO need to have leon back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]LEON POWE IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR, FANS. AND IF YOU EXPECT HIM TO WALK THROUGH THAT DOOR, HE'S GOING TO BE WEARING A CLEVELAND CAVS UNIFORM.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

LOL