Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal...

Indy Gets: Rondo and JO
    T'Wolves Get: Dooling, Pavlovic, and  Indy's 1st
    C's Get: P. George, D. Collinson, Beasley, and Darko

The names received by the C's are not star players, but this deal would make the team better overall. Paul George is the centerpience of this trade for the C's. To make this deal, you have to believe that he is going to be an all-star in this league. Acquiring George would make Allen expendable or reduce him to a bench player. Collinson would not be able to do the amazing things Rondo can, but he would provide a more consistent PG option overall (plus he can shoot!). Beasley is a much discussed low risk/high reward player. Darko fills the C's need for a decent big man. He has been criticized for being a 2nd pick in a loaded draft, but he is still young, big, and talented. Maybe DOC can turn him into a serviceable center. At a minimum, he is much better than JO.

PG - Collinson, Bradley
    SG - George, Allen, Pietrius
    SF - Pierce, Beasley
    PF - Garnett, Bass
    C - Milicic, Wilcox

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal...

In Response to Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal...:
    Indy Gets: Rondo and JO T'Wolves Get: Dooling, Pavlovic, and  Indy's 1st C's Get: P. George, D. Collinson, Beasley, and Darko The names received by the C's are not star players, but this deal would make the team better overall. Paul George is the centerpience of this trade for the C's. To make this deal, you have to believe that he is going to be an all-star in this league. Acquiring George would make Allen expendable or reduce him to a bench player. Collinson would not be able to do the amazing things Rondo can, but he would provide a more consistent PG option overall (plus he can shoot!). Beasley is a much discussed low risk/high reward player. Darko fills the C's need for a decent big man. He has been criticized for being a 2nd pick in a loaded draft, but he is still young, big, and talented. Maybe DOC can turn him into a serviceable center. At a minimum, he is much better than JO. PG - Collinson, Bradley SG - George, Allen, Pietrius SF - Pierce, Beasley PF - Garnett, Bass C - Milicic, Wilcox What do you think?
    Posted by Accension13
    WHO IS THIS GUY MILICIC ????  IS HE A GOOOOD BIG GUY?? (CENTER)......... IF SO AND WE ARE LOOKING AT YOUTH & GOOD POTENTIAL....  OR HECK,  IM OK IF DANNY IS !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

A veritable steal for the Celtics. DO IT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Excuse me why would Indy or the TWolves do this?  They get nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Milicic was the starting center for the T'Wolves. Got replaced by Pekovic. He is 27 or 28, big, and a legit 7 footer. He was drafted behind LeBron and ahead of Wade, Bosh, and Melo. He has never lived up to his potential, but he does have skill. No major injuries or character flaws. Makes roughly 4.5 mil for next 3 years I think

In no way do I think Milicic is a star, but he is serviceable. At a minimum he could be a good backup for the team going forward

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal...:
    Excuse me why would Indy or the TWolves do this?  They get nothing.
    Posted by concord27

T'Wolves do it because they want a draft pick. Again they were trying to trade Beasley for only a Laker 1st. Nothing else. By trading Milicic, the T'Wolves get further under the cap and become more of a player in free agency this summer

Indy does this deal to get Rondo. Bird seems high on him. The question is he high enough on him to give George and a 1st

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal...:
    Indy Gets: Rondo and JO T'Wolves Get: Dooling, Pavlovic, and  Indy's 1st C's Get: P. George, D. Collinson, Beasley, and Darko The names received by the C's are not star players, but this deal would make the team better overall. Paul George is the centerpience of this trade for the C's. To make this deal, you have to believe that he is going to be an all-star in this league. Acquiring George would make Allen expendable or reduce him to a bench player. Collinson would not be able to do the amazing things Rondo can, but he would provide a more consistent PG option overall (plus he can shoot!). Beasley is a much discussed low risk/high reward player. Darko fills the C's need for a decent big man. He has been criticized for being a 2nd pick in a loaded draft, but he is still young, big, and talented. Maybe DOC can turn him into a serviceable center. At a minimum, he is much better than JO. PG - Collinson, Bradley SG - George, Allen, Pietrius SF - Pierce, Beasley PF - Garnett, Bass C - Milicic, Wilcox What do you think?
    Posted by Accension13

All you need to know is that Danny way overvalues Rondo and that when he tries to trade him the other GMs laugh and hang up.....  Collison is a better point guard overall as are many others but there is this mystique that Rondo is great because he has "unique" talents because unique means he does a lot of things really well like all the other point guards in the league but he cannot do the very most basic things that most point guards view as fundamental parts of their games......  Rondo would have tons of value if he averaged 20 assists and lapped the league - but he is in the mix for leading the league, Rondo would have tons of value if he were leading the league in rebounds for a point guard but there are several point guards that are just as good rebouding the ball - so again Rondo has no real advantage, it would be amazing if Rondo were the "great defender" but night after night he is broken down by average point guards.... so what does Rondo do really really well?  Nothing.......  Where does he break down?  Nobody guards him, he cannot be on the floor when crunch time comes, he cannot make meaningful free throws..... and therefore.... the idiots that think he is only tradeable for an :"elite" player are morons......  Rondo is nowhere near an elite player let alone an elite player plus a draft pick,.... sorry I have to laugh.....  whenever Danny calls other teams for elite players he hears a huge belly laugh and then a click......

With a dozen other point guards they would have won at least one more title and there would be no discussion about whether we should keep Rondo....

Contemplate this and contemplate the odds of this.... Rajon Rondo is not even the best point guard with the initials RR........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal... : All you need to know is that Danny way overvalues Rondo and that when he tries to trade him the other GMs laugh and hang up.....  Collison is a better point guard overall as are many others but there is this mystique that Rondo is great because he has "unique" talents because unique means he does a lot of things really well like all the other point guards in the league but he cannot do the very most basic things that most point guards view as fundamental parts of their games......  Rondo would have tons of value if he averaged 20 assists and lapped the league - but he is in the mix for leading the league, Rondo would have tons of value if he were leading the league in rebounds for a point guard but there are several point guards that are just as good rebouding the ball - so again Rondo has no real advantage, it would be amazing if Rondo were the "great defender" but night after night he is broken down by average point guards.... so what does Rondo do really really well?  Nothing.......  Where does he break down?  Nobody guards him, he cannot be on the floor when crunch time comes, he cannot make meaningful free throws..... and therefore.... the idiots that think he is only tradeable for an :"elite" player are morons......  Rondo is nowhere near an elite player let alone an elite player plus a draft pick,.... sorry I have to laugh.....  whenever Danny calls other teams for elite players he hears a huge belly laugh and then a click...... With a dozen other point guards they would have won at least one more title and there would be no discussion about whether we should keep Rondo.... Contemplate this and contemplate the odds of this.... Rajon Rondo is not even the best point guard with the initials RR........
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Excellent point... Its hard to say what Rondo's real value in the league is. When I was considering this, I thought their would be people that would say I am undervaluing Rondo. If the deal went down, people would cruxify Danny moreso than they did when Perk was traded (I actually still think that was a smart deal ) All things considered, a Rondo for P.George and a pick deal may be the best realistic return for him. Collinson is undersized, but I think his consistency will more than make up for Rondo.

P. George and Collinson are not considered top 50 players in the league, and neither is likely considered top 10 at their postiton. If Rondo can not bring them back in a trade, he is definitely not a building block for a franchise.

The Minny part of this deal probably gets done easily. The real question is how much does Bird or any other GM think of Rondo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Big fan of Paul George myself and Collison is a good enough PG to be a starter on a contender anyday

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

In response to "Re: Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal...":
    In Response to Re: Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal... : Yeah and Bird was patient and worked hard to get Collison ... what he considered the missing piece for their team. I'd kill to have George let alone Collison and George with a pick and just can't see Bird giving up those two. Maybe George and a pick but both ... Call me skeptical. Posted by Mployee8
    Bird is a rondo fan but I would be shocked if he moved Collison and George

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal... : All you need to know is that Danny way overvalues Rondo and that when he tries to trade him the other GMs laugh and hang up.....  Collison is a better point guard overall as are many others but there is this mystique that Rondo is great because he has "unique" talents because unique means he does a lot of things really well like all the other point guards in the league but he cannot do the very most basic things that most point guards view as fundamental parts of their games......  Rondo would have tons of value if he averaged 20 assists and lapped the league - but he is in the mix for leading the league, Rondo would have tons of value if he were leading the league in rebounds for a point guard but there are several point guards that are just as good rebouding the ball - so again Rondo has no real advantage, it would be amazing if Rondo were the "great defender" but night after night he is broken down by average point guards.... so what does Rondo do really really well?  Nothing.......  Where does he break down?  Nobody guards him, he cannot be on the floor when crunch time comes, he cannot make meaningful free throws..... and therefore.... the idiots that think he is only tradeable for an :"elite" player are morons......  Rondo is nowhere near an elite player let alone an elite player plus a draft pick,.... sorry I have to laugh.....  whenever Danny calls other teams for elite players he hears a huge belly laugh and then a click...... With a dozen other point guards they would have won at least one more title and there would be no discussion about whether we should keep Rondo.... Contemplate this and contemplate the odds of this.... Rajon Rondo is not even the best point guard with the initials RR........
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You'll take it and you'll like it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Less Than Exciting Rondo Trade Proposal... : Yeah and Bird was patient and worked hard to get Collison ... what he considered the missing piece for their team. I'd kill to have George let alone Collison and George with a pick and just can't see Bird giving up those two. Maybe George and a pick but both ... Call me skeptical.
    Posted by Mployee8

I agree with you guys, and I would be happy just to get George (really like him and expect him to be a future star) and a pick; however, if Indy has Rondo, they dont need Collinson. They already have a good backup in G. Hill. Likely, they would keep Hill over Collison because he is bigger. If the C's can get either of the two, they are in good shape...

Sections
Shortcuts