Lesson to Doc tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lesson to Doc tonight

Play and trust your bench from now on, and it is a lesson for us as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Lesson to Doc tonight

I'd say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Wow.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Lesson to Doc tonight:
    [QUOTE]Play and trust your bench from now on, and it is a lesson for us as well.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Yeah you mostly can learn something! The rest of the board can learn how well Bradley is playing too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I was thinking the exact same thing. Ray is expendable if trading him brings back an athletic player that an get his own shot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight:
    [QUOTE]And it looks like if one of the Big 3 is going to be traded it's Ray.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Ray would be terrific coming off of the bench.

Rondo also.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Other thing I saw is that KG has a lot left in the tank. He may not be able to do it every night, but trading him with this team contending for a playoff spot is a terrible move

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Pud, you just don't quit do you???  LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]And it looks like if one of the Big 3 is going to be traded it's Ray.
    don't try to change the subject, fierce. this thread is about tonight's bench play and specifically bradley's play. if you're not, you should be feeling kinda sheepish about your relentless criticism of him from day one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lesson to Doc tonight : Yeah you mostly can learn something! The rest of the board can learn how well Bradley is playing too.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

I loved what I saw from Bradley tonight.  You feel better now.  I love being wrong when it comes to my team being better.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The issue of Ray and his value to this team and his impeding development of younger players is front and center and right on the money. It took this game to show it at least for me.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

And of course Doc had nothing to do with the develpment of the bench..right???
    It was just that doc would not play them...???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Our defense was better tonight just from the fact the Bradley and Sasha played defense.  Ray pretty much doesn't play it at all and Bradley doesn't gamble as much as Rondo. Not saying i want to do anything but this was the best defensive game I have seen from us in two years.  Coincidence?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : Ray would be terrific coming off of the bench. Rondo also. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I forgot it is was you who said to bring Ray off the bench.  I agree. Doc has to try these things out and Ray has to understand.

Regarding Bradley,  I saw what you have been seeing and this kid if he can keep from turning the ball over will destroy the average point guard in this course of a game.   Rondo will need to stick to his man as well for this new approach to work.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We knock these guys when they stink and I 'm glad to see us praise them when they play well. Proud of the entire group tonight. The only one who got minutes but seemed lost was Stiemsma. I'm beginning to see the fundamentals he is missing. Great shot blocker but he needs to develop a better sense of where to be on the court. But Bradley, wow what a good game. He was fundamentally sound, especially on D.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : As long as Rondo is playing, Bradley will not play a lot. Don't forget that Dooling is ahead of Bradley in the rotation. And letting Ray come off the bench is not the answer. What the Celts need is an upgrade. Ray coming off the bench is just reshuffling the cards, so to speak. The order is different but basically the same set of cards. What happens if Ray is on the court? Back to the old ways, right? We need an upgrade. Ray has value, we need to convert Ray into a big man. If KG is the best big man on the Celts we're going nowhere. But if KG is only the 2nd best big man on the team then we're an elite team. And Bass will still be the 6th man.

PLEASE GET RID OF RAY ALLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SLOWS THE GAME UP. PLAYS NO DEFENSE. JUST RUNS AROUND IN CIRCLES. PLEASE TRADE HIM AND JERMAINE. PLAY THE ROOKIE CENTER JJ MORE AND ALSO STEISMA.

DEFENSE WINS GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. WE ACTUALLY HAD DEFENSE GOING TONIGHT. AVERY BRADLEY IS INCREDIBLE ON DEFENSE. WOW.

DO YOU THINK DOC NOTICED WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT? DO YOU THINK HE LEARNED SOMETHING TONIGHT? I DOUBT IT!!!!! WHAT IS DOC'S IQ? ANYBODY KNOW???

DAH, TINK ITSH 90ISH ORE SOW. YAH TINK?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Lesson to Doc tonight": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : As long as Rondo is playing, Bradley will not play a lot. Don't forget that Dooling is ahead of Bradley in the rotation. And letting Ray come off the bench is not the answer. What the Celts need is an upgrade. Ray coming off the bench is just reshuffling the cards, so to speak. The order is different but basically the same set of cards. What happens if Ray is on the court? Back to the old ways, right? We need an upgrade. Ray has value, we need to convert Ray into a big man. If KG is the best big man on the Celts we're going nowhere. But if KG is only the 2nd best big man on the team then we're an elite team. And Bass will still be the 6th man. Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] A lot of theories about Ray holding the team back. Other days it was Paul being too old or KG having nothing left or Rondo can't shoot. Could there be any credence to the theory that the team just needs to keep working on their timing and ability to work together? A better test than tonight will be the next two games. Will they continue the good play on the road against two good teams? In any situation, I'll be pulling for the team as is and not pulling for some trade that means more adjustments and more learning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

This is the most relevant thread of the night ...

Rested/young legs can play the defense needed to help the vets overcome their weaknesses ....

Doc must continue to utilize the entire bench and even strengthen the 2nd team by moving Ray there ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Lesson to Doc tonight": A lot of theories about Ray holding the team back. Other days it was Paul being too old or KG having nothing left or Rondo can't shoot. Could there be any credence to the theory that the team just needs to keep working on their timing and ability to work together? A better test than tonight will be the next two games. Will they continue the good play on the road against two good teams? In any situation, I'll be pulling for the team as is and not pulling for some trade that means more adjustments and more learning.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Actually I would like to see Bradley and Sashsa start again to see if the defensive intensity is there again.  If it is that might tell us something. Bradley is defintely not a polished offensive player but he might get some votes for a defensive team. He definitely works at that like no one else we have.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think this is what doc had in mind all along. just that it takes time to gell new players into the system....This was discussed early in the season but most forgot  about it during the awfull beginning...