Lesson to Doc tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Lesson to Doc tonight

In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : As long as Rondo is playing, Bradley will not play a lot. Don't forget that Dooling is ahead of Bradley in the rotation. And letting Ray come off the bench is not the answer. What the Celts need is an upgrade. Ray coming off the bench is just reshuffling the cards, so to speak. The order is different but basically the same set of cards. What happens if Ray is on the court? Back to the old ways, right? We need an upgrade. Ray has value, we need to convert Ray into a big man. If KG is the best big man on the Celts we're going nowhere. But if KG is only the 2nd best big man on the team then we're an elite team. And Bass will still be the 6th man.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

And as long as Rondo is playing and dominating the ball, the offense will be very predictable and stagnant and will fade along with Rondo's energy at crunch time.

We've seen this for how many years... and counting?

Pud

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I wouldnt get rid of Ray..thats going too far...just let him come from the bench, thats it..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Lesson to Doc tonight": [QUOTE]I think this is what doc had in mind all along. just that it takes time to gell new players into the system....This was discussed early in the season but most forgot  about it during the awfull beginning... Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE] Exactly. Teaching takes time and we fans don't really know what's going on in practice, what the coach is trying to accomplish, etc. then, we always think we know better. I thought Doc was stupid for not playing Steimsma. I can see maybe Doc is right. I thought he was stupid for starting Sasha - I was wrong. Just like 2 years ago when many of the same people wanted Ray traded but he stayed and we went to the finals. Sometimes, folks, we are wrong. Sometimes all thes trades do is disrupt the rhythm of what the coaches are trying to build.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Lesson to Doc tonight": Exactly. Teaching takes time and we fans don't really know what's going on in practice, what the coach is trying to accomplish, etc. then, we always think we know better. I thought Doc was stupid for not playing Steimsma. I can see maybe Doc is right. I thought he was stupid for starting Sasha - I was wrong. Just like 2 years ago when many of the same people wanted Ray traded but he stayed and we went to the finals. Sometimes, folks, we are wrong. Sometimes all thes trades do is disrupt the rhythm of what the coaches are trying to build.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Flashbacks from last year?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : KG is done. Once in a while KG will play well, like last night. Pierce is still playing at a high level. But there are more minuses than pluses regarding Ray.  Pros and Cons of Ray Pros Still the best shooter in the NBA. Cons no defense no rebounds no hustle

Not sure what your calling done, but I think KG has a little left in the tank, just not as much as your used to seeing.   He can still be productive, especially with another big man that can help.  But your trade of JO and Ray for Gasol I would do in a heartbeat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Celtic sighting tonite?
    Anomaly or shape of things to come?
    In either case, we needed tonite.

Next 7 games
    Jan 20 Phoenix L
    Jan 22 Washington W
    Jan 23 Orlando W
    Jan 26 Orlando
    Jan 27 Indiana
    Jan 29 Cleveland
    Jan 31 Cleveland

Best case scenario 5-2
    Most likely scenario 4-3
    Blow it up scenario 2-5

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : Not sure what your calling done, but I think KG has a little left in the tank, just not as much as your used to seeing.   He can still be productive, especially with another big man that can help.  But your trade of JO and Ray for Gasol I would do in a heartbeat.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Then who defends DH???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Lesson to Doc tonight": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : KG is done. Once in a while KG will play well, like last night. Pierce is still playing at a high level. But there are more minuses than pluses regarding Ray.  Pros and Cons of Ray Pros Still the best shooter in the NBA. Cons no defense no rebounds no hustle Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] KG is not done. You just have to adjust your expectations. He's not going to carry the team underneath, but he is going to giveus a very good PF and if the other big men move, cut, shoot, and rebound, kG wil be a great passer, hit a few shots and get 7 to 12 rebounds. You just can't expect a superstar like when he was 27 or 30 yrs old.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Lesson to Doc tonight": KG is not done. You just have to adjust your expectations. He's not going to carry the team underneath, but he is going to giveus a very good PF and if the other big men move, cut, shoot, and rebound, kG wil be a great passer, hit a few shots and get 7 to 12 rebounds. You just can't expect a superstar like when he was 27 or 30 yrs old.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Exactly

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I forgot about Wilcox,, he could really help out defensively in the middle...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

But i cant see Gasoft holding  down DH without lots of help..maybe with the Steamer comming over to block shots..better yet Sasha...ha ha..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : What I mean is KG is done being a superstar.  The Celtics with KG and JO are just an 8th or 7th seed. But if we get another big man that is better than KG then we're a top 3 team in the east.  Rondo, Pierce, Bass, and Pietrus are great. KG is still good but not great. We need that big man that will bring us over the top.  We can run with the Heat if it's Pierce and Pietrus, but if it's Ray and Pierce then good night!

Not sure I agree with your seeding, I think its more than KG and JO.  Right now JO does play defense just not fast.  We are not going to be as run with the Heat with the team we have now.. It has to be a slow down game.  They would kill us in the open court. BTW I have wanted Ray coming off the bench for some time now.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]KG is just a 14 ppg and 7 rpg player right now. Not good enough to make us an elite team. KG and JO, combined, are just averaging 12 rebounds per game. We're not going to win in the playoffs with that kind of production. We need an upgrade.

I don't think anyone would argue that we need a upgrade in the rebounding, pretty easy to see. With our team we have to rebound as a team and not rely on just those two. I can live with KG's stats considering he is a  excellent passer.  He is not KG of 5 years ago so we have to live with it.  Unless you can work some magic and get us someone in here we will have to live with what we got.   Tonight looked pretty good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Lesson to Doc tonight": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lesson to Doc tonight : What I mean is KG is done being a superstar.  The Celtics with KG and JO are just an 8th or 7th seed. But if we get another big man that is better than KG then we're a top 3 team in the east.  Rondo, Pierce, Bass, and Pietrus are great. KG is still good but not great. We need that big man that will bring us over the top.  We can run with the Heat if it's Pierce and Pietrus, but if it's Ray and Pierce then good night! Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Completely Agree... Ray needs to be shopped for young talent immediately. I have two questions: 1. Why doesnt Doc make Rondo press PGs full court more often? If Avery can give rondo a breather and play like he did tonight, it might me a strategy the c's can employ the majority of the game. Especially in the playoffs 2. This is a random hypothetical question, but assuming the wizards would trade javelle McGhee. Would it be a good trade for the C's to give up all three 1st round picks they have in the next 2 drafts to acquire him? To me he is a more polished deandre Jordan. The C's could be very scary with him and KG together in the post.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking the exact same thing. Ray is expendable if trading him brings back an athletic player that an get his own shot
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

"...player that can get his own shot"... of drugs...

just where does this board think c's can replace both

the talents & professionalism of ray , pp & kg from today's

nba players or in the college ranks...IT AIN'T HAPPENING PEOPLE...