Let"s Join The "Trade" Bandwagon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Let"s Join The "Trade" Bandwagon

I was very hesitant talking about trade because I knew the team we have is capable of winning a championship, but since the downfall of MD, coupled with all our nagging injuries, I say it's time to join the "trade" bandwagon.

Again, since MD went down, it's no secret that we need a SF to come in for Paul Pierce.  So  below is a good list of small forwards whom I think can step in and cover for PP at any time. I compiled this list based on our needs and also based on who we can afford.

So these are the list of small forwards I compiled.

Shane Battier;  James Posey;  Rip  Hamilton;  Tony Allen;  Jeff Green;  Corey Brewer;  Grant Hill; Desmond Mason; Andres Nocioni;  Francisco Garcia;  Boris Diaw;  Tayshaun Prince;  Linas Kleiza;  Travis Outlaw;  Jamario Moon;  Anthony Parker.

Off  The  Street:  Rasheed Wallace

Down  In  Europe:  Rick Davis

So, this is my list. And if Danny Ainge will make a trade by next week, look for one of the above to be in green uniform by the end of next week.

Now, let's all join the "Trade" bandwagon.  Tell me your choice.

If a man is a debtor, the wife must learn to say, "He is not home"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Let"s Join The "Trade" Bandwagon

I thought you just started a trade bandwagon thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Boris Diaw would be perfect for guarding LeBron size wise. I don't know about his availability

Shane Battier would be tougher to acquire, but he can guard the 2 & the 3 and provide some scoring, especially off the bench with favorable matchups.  I think Battier would be ideal.

I like Corey Brewer because he knows that he's a defensive role player, but the Celtics would need scoring from elsewhere and they might have to give that scoring up in a trade to acquire him

I'm not fond of Rip Hamilton or Tayshuan Prince.  Part of the reason you do this is to get someone who can defend Wade, LeBron, and Kobe so Ray and Pierce don't wear themselves out doing this.  I like their scoring, but Prince doesn't have the size to match up with LeBron and Rip is apparently washed up.

Jeff Green is intriguing because he didn't pan out for Oklahoma, but might still be salvageable as a future building block here.  He could be had perhaps without giving up too much.

I still wonder if Gerald Wallace could be acquried and if he would be willing to give up minutes (which others have noted is probably not the case).  Gerald Wallace would also be ideal - he was born to guard LeBron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

OneOnOne, it was an error.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

My wish list in order. This is based on salary, our assets to give the team and a team fit for what we need from a backup SF. THIS IS NOT JUST BASED ON TALENT!!

1-Posey
    2-Battier
    3-Parker
    4-Hill
    5-TA
    6-Prince
    7-Rip
    8-Green

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Let"s Join The "Trade" Bandwagon:
    [QUOTE]My wish list in order. This is based on salary, our assets to give the team and a team fit for what we need from a backup SF. THIS IS NOT JUST BASED ON TALENT!! 1-Posey 2-Battier 3-Parker 4-Hill 5-TA 6-Prince 7-Rip 8-Green
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias, I love your list. All your top list are just exactly my list too, especially your first two.  But who do you really think DA will tap?

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn how to say, "He is not home"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well here is the funny thing about us proposing trades and Ainge actually proposing trades. All we can do is go to ESPN Trade Machine and plug in players and see if salaries match up. ESPN Trade Machine doesn't list all the clauses in the contracts, money remaining on the contract, etc.

Ainge has much much more information and depending on how badly a team wants to dispose of a player or contract he could end up with a very good player. There is always the GM discussions that say "hey you trade with me now and I'll trade with you later".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Posey will not be hard to get.  If the Celtics don't go for him it would indicate that Posey is washed up. If DA brings him in than maybe we have something there.

Battier seems like a better choice. Younger and playing well now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Grant Hill would still be the best solution he can even call plays! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Let"s Join The "Trade" Bandwagon:
    [QUOTE]Grant Hill would still be the best solution he can even call plays! 
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

I like Grant Hill, although my first two choices are James Posey and Shane Battier. Plus I don't think Grant Hill wants to play for the Celtics. Remember he turned us down last summer.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "he is not home"

Sections
Shortcuts