Let Nate and Delonte play / Let Rondo Heal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charlespaul. Show charlespaul's posts

Let Nate and Delonte play / Let Rondo Heal

I want to second the motion to let Nate and Delonte play a couple games out front and let Rondo heal completely-- strained hamstrings are nagging injuries that don't just go away by icing them, and they can linger and flair up again. 
    (I also know that Rondo, being such a student of the game, is learning new things even as he sits in a suit on the Celtics bench. He's probably watching tape of the game in his hotel room tonight, and we blew them out.)

Plus it's cool having Nate at the helm for a few games-- it's funny because we seem to have two sides of the coin with our two main point guards: Rondo is a passing wizard and fast break threat, and Nate is a scoring machine and fast break threat. Both are super athletic. Both can penetrate and dish.

The difference is that nobody can sag off Nate at the point because he'll hit shots, so it's kind of interesting putting defenses back on guard like this. They can't sag in the lane, or do double coverages on the Big 3, so it frees up Kevin, Ray, and Paul in a completely different way than when Roadrunner Rondo's out there.

That said, we do need Rondo's intelligent brinksmanship at the point. 

But let's have Nate take the con at the moment and get Delonte more minutes. D West is a great all-around player but he needs playing time right now to get back to peak form and familiarize himself with the current play schemes and roster. He showed signs of his potential tonight (especially defending) but he also looked a little lost at the point. More PT for D West with the starters I think is a great thing at this stage of the season for the Celtics 12-man roster-- especially if either Rondo or Nate fall to injury closer to or during the playoffs.

I also think we'll win with Nate and Delonte. And we'll win by having Rondo back at 100% warp speed.

That's my advice to Doc and Danny right now. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Re: Let Nate and Delonte play / Let Rondo Heal

Let Rondo Rest for a while.  His hamstring should be better in a week or two.  Nate and Delonte with Von Wafer can hold the fort for a couple of weeks.  Hamstrings just need time to heel.  Rondo will be fine with rest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Hi Charles,
        Good post. The C's have the luxury of a good backup p.g in Nate and Delonte who plays 2 positions. With Delonte back now, Doc has the luxury to let Rondo heal completely.
        In response to Kirk. Rondo is certainly not untradeable. Few players are. Rondo is an elite player and why would the Celtics want to trade a young elite point guard who is locked up at a reasonable salary for the next 6 years?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

yes...let rondo sit for a week....play against PORTLAND...

we simply do not need RONDO now...NATE , WEST & BRADLEY

can handle things until RONDO is totally & completely... HEALED..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Let Nate and Delonte play / Let Rondo Heal:
    [QUOTE]I like our team better with Nate at the point. Trade Rondo.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Really? 

I do like what Nate brings to the table with his jump shoting abilities.  he is more comfortable now and has seemed to have found his shot. Plus he had a double-double. 

Rondo is the man.  He has made strides this year and he sets the table better than Nate.  I do feel that we can let Rondo rest some more because Nate & West are doing fine and they will do better as time goes on!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let Nate and Delonte play / Let Rondo Heal : Really?  I do like what Nate brings to the table with his jump shoting abilities.  he is more comfortable now and has seemed to have found his shot. Plus he had a double-double.  Rondo is the man.  He has made strides this year and he sets the table better than Nate.  I do feel that we can let Rondo rest some more because Nate & West are doing fine and they will do better as time goes on!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
        Welcome aboard. I've read some of your posts and I like what you have to say. I'm also a Californian. However I live just a little north of Sacramento.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I wouldn't go so far as to say trade Rondo... i'm not surprised that you would say this after 1 win, but I do agree that he should completely heal and doesn't need to rush back

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Regarding the nature of hammys and giving them enough time to heal, I agree with the sentiment of this thread, but while it's healing, maybe Rondo can work some more on his freethrows

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]It always cracks me up when Tommy says Rondo is better than Chris Paul. Please... Having a point guard with a jump shot is a huge deal. Look how it opens things up when Nate is at the point with the first team.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I agree. The offense looks very smooth and noone is dominating the ball.  There's no cheating when Nate is on the floor.  I just wish Doc had the courage to sub Nate in for offense, and have Rondo in for defense towards the end of games.

The only thing I worry is when teams start posting Nate up. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Come on with all this talk about trading Rondo cause Nate had a couple good games. Up until a few days ago, Nate has played terrible this season.  HEs best suited for coming off the bench imo...  gives our 2nd unit some real firepower..

I do like the idea of playing Nate late in tight games where Rondo is a liability but Doc wont ever do that.. He'd be too concerned about Rondo's head and think how Rondos rep as a poor shooter would explode if he started getting benched late. Talk about having a mental block & loss of confidence shooting..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Think Rondo should take as much time as he needs.  Let Nate get the feel for running the team and let Delonte get p to speed.  Can't hurt for the playoffs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Let Rondo Rest for a while.  His hamstring should be better in a week or two.  Nate and Delonte with Von Wafer can hold the fort for a couple of weeks.  Hamstrings just need time to heel.  Rondo will be fine with rest.
    Posted by TOMAA99999[/QUOTE]

Agreed !  Rondo needs time to heal.  I would imagine that he misses a few more games. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Come on with all this talk about trading Rondo cause Nate had a couple good games. Up until a few days ago, Nate has played terrible this season.  HEs best suited for coming off the bench imo...  gives our 2nd unit some real firepower.. I do like the idea of playing Nate late in tight games where Rondo is a liability but Doc wont ever do that.. He'd be too concerned about Rondo's head and think how Rondos rep as a poor shooter would explode if he started getting benched late. Talk about having a mental block & loss of confidence shooting..  
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Rondo's rep as a poor shooter and PG liability late in games cannot get any worse than it presently is.

In the past  Sam I Am came off the bench as did Starbury as offensive subs for Rondo. Frankly Rondo seemed all too relieved to sit when the game was on the line.

If the combination of Delonte and Nate really begins take hold, young Rondo could become serious trade bait while he still has considerable value... and as DA looks to fortify the team beyond the era of the Big Three.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let Nate and Delonte play / Let Rondo Heal : Rondo's rep as a poor shooter and PG liability late in games cannot get any worse than it presently is. In the past  Sam I Am came off the bench as did Starbury as offensive subs for Rondo. Frankly Rondo seemed all too relieved to sit when the game was on the line. If the combination of Delonte and Nate really begins take hold, young Rondo could become serious trade bait while he still has considerable value... and as DA looks to fortify the team beyond the era of the Big Three. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. You have nothing good to say so why don't you go post for whatever team you do feel good about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Oh so we have played two game with Nate. The first we lost, probably because Rondo wasn't playing and the second we won but are you all  sure that you can put that on Nate's good play? I doubt it as I watched the game and everything worked including a more intense defense.

As Tommy put it during the game as the shots were falling everywhere..."those are the ones that the other guy was making the last two games".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Nate ends the chreating off of our point gurard, Doc will never have the guts to play Nate with the first unit much when Rondo returns.  In one year if West stays with us he will be the best all around point guard we have. So in 12 monthe Nate and Rondo may be sitting some.  At the end of game with West and Davis in place of Rondo and Shack we will be very dangerous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Where's the heresey in playing Nate and West and seeing how it goes; worked with Baby when Kevin went down; heck, it worked with Rondo; it's working with Semih with JON ailing...if they got the talent, they will show what they're (possibly expanded) roles should be and it's early in the season, a great time to find out...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Hamstrings are also fatigue injuries.  No point rushing Rondo back if Nate and D West are holding it down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Remember last year when everyone thought the Nate trade was the worst trade ever ... and now yall are on his jock lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Nate was a GR8 signing by DA as is D West

I agree let RR rest

All 3 are talent unfolding on the screen.

I get to go Fri nite for the revenge on the rappers

I like the way Nate played in both games as the C's threwa nice power punch.
    2 bad  it folded against the raps.

Play fast and efficient in 1st quarter and limit TOs.

I will miss game tonite going to see Harry the Potter W/Fam
    GO CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC's!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nate is like a secret weapon and Rondo is part of the frontal assault.  I think while Rondo is hurt let get Nate get the minutes but Kirk to say Nate would be better at the point is crazy. You have been watching the last year or so. Rondo is a star, a unique one to boot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I like LiL' Nate but I'll take Rondo all night long Vs.any PG in the league. He's a nightmare to guard because of his insane speed and ability to see the entire floor. While he's out convelescing I'd suggest they give a few of those minutes to the rookie as well Bradley can D up any PG and half the SG's in the league right now, but he needs to work on his game in real time action. We all know what LiL' Nate and Delonte can do as we've seen their skills both with the C's and with opponents of the C's. The same thing would hold true if BBD went down for any length of time you put Harangody in to see what kind of game he can produce in game situations. I noticed the Red claws brought back another of the Summer league players for their team D. Sims.. Nice to have an emergancy plan just in case.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts