Let the point guards run the offense

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Let the point guards run the offense

In Response to Let the point guards run the offense:
    Rivers is making a mistake by not letting his point guards run the offense. This has been a problem for a long time, usually in the fourth quarter. I think because Rivers played the point, he is too hard on his point guards. Having Rondo or Nate or Bradley stand in the corner while Pierce goes one on one is stupid.
    Posted by Kirk6

All you have been talking about is that the Celtics were fine without Rondo.  Now that they lose it's Rivers fault?  Pick a position and stick to it man.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Let the point guards run the offense:
    In Response to Re: Let the point guards run the offense : Thanks for agreeing with me. We are fine with Nate running the point. We are not fine with Nate standing in the corner while Pierce goes one on one.
    Posted by Kirk6

doing drugs on Christmas isn't nice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Let the point guards run the offense : Thanks for agreeing with me. We are fine with Nate running the point. We are not fine with Nate standing in the corner while Pierce goes one on one.
    Posted by Kirk6

Yeah good try.  If you thought this was true you could have said it anytime during the season...not just now after a Celtics loss.  Man up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Let the point guards run the offense : Yeah good try.  If you thought this was true you could have said it anytime during the season...not just now after a Celtics loss.  Man up.
    Posted by Icon11

Maybe when he attends the game he can tell Doc how to coach.  He knows more about it than Doc.  Of course the 14 game winning streak means nothing, we lose one and have armchair quarterbacks galore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Let the point guards run the offense : Maybe when he attends the game he can tell Doc how to coach.  He knows more about it than Doc.  Of course the 14 game winning streak means nothing, we lose one and have armchair quarterbacks galore.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Exactly.  If he said this after the Celtics had won their 10th in a row that's one thing.  But to wait until a loss and then say "oh yeah by the way Doc is not coaching the point guards right" shows a complete lack of cherries.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Let the point guards run the offense : I have said it for years. You need to pay more attention.
    Posted by Kirk6

You just can't man up can you?  Have you said it over the last 14 wins?  Nope.  You just keep prattling on about how the Celtics are "undefeated without Rondo" even though that wasn't true.  If you don't know that when Rondo is in there that he runs the offense you don't pay any attention to anything at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Rivers is making a mistake by not letting his point guards run the offense. This has been a problem for a long time, usually in the fourth quarter. I think because Rivers played the point, he is too hard on his point guards. Having Rondo or Nate or Bradley stand in the corner while Pierce goes one on one is stupid.
    Posted by Kirk6

I thought the Celtics lost because Shaq fouled out. What gives?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Wow... I thought Pierce was doing a great job.  Bad half against Orlando, but otherwise he's going a great job.  I guess you also have not been paying attention to the fact Nate is trying to run the offense. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I can easily admit I haven't read all your posts.  Now man up and say the Celtics have a worse winning percentage with Nate at the point.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Let the point guards run the offense : In fact I said it in post number 1808 yesterday that you responded to. Like I said, you aren't paying much attention.
    Posted by Kirk6

Actually yesterday it wasn't true.  Yesterday they had a better percentage with Nate at the point.  Aren't you the one that just posted the other day "The Celtics are still undefeated without Rondo?"  I agree with you.  I don't pay any attention to you at all.  My point is you aren't paying any attention to basketball.  You're a frontrunner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=de9e8b89d0c86d5e1479ee9bcfbf4654&plckUserId=de9e8b89d0c86d5e1479ee9bcfbf4654">
    First: 5/29/2008
    Last: 12/25/2010
    In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point:
    In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point : True because if Rondo played they would have been up 15 against the Nets in the 4th which means Rondo would be resting up for the Raptors.
    Posted by maine12

They are undefeated without Rondo.

Kirk...Pay attention.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I think we were good defensively. I think Nate did not do his job from the very beginning and that was game right there..that is my opinion. He has been providing 16pts as a starter. I thought he was shy/timid going to the basket.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Posted by Kirk6
    Nate can't run the point. Just because he's the shortest guy on the team doesn't qualify him as a point guard. Nate has displayed the propensity to take ill-advised shots when the ball is in his hands. His dribbling and passing is also erratic at times. That's why Doc would rather have PP run the offense in Rondo's absence. Nate is actually a much better shooter when he's standing at a spot and the ball is passed to him for  jumper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

What poin guards? Nate has degenrated to a can't shoot, defend, or pass something.  The reffs are tough on him, and the reffs took the Christmas game from us, but noone seems to have noticed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

The refing was not why we lost the game.  Shaq fouling out was not the reason we lost.  We lost because our offense was in shambles in the 2nd half.  And that was directly due to us lacking a good PG.  To me, it has become painfully obvious that Rondo is one of the keys to this team doing well.  The other two keys are Pierce and KG. 

Without Rondo our offense is in shambles.  Without Pierce we don't have our best offensive player.  Historically we always struggle against Philadelphia and Chicago and the reason for that is that Iguadala and Deng give Pierce fits and take him out of the game.  We aready know what happened the last 2 seasons when KG was either out or playing on one leg. 

Those who think its Shaq is a key are obviously living in LA LA land.  Maybe the Shaq of late 1990s and early 2000s.  But definitely not the Shaq of 2010.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Like I said in another post....the guards get burned just about each time they dont fight over the top of the screen.  They need to be able to trust that te help will be there for the rolling man that is slipping the screen. 

BTW, when is Rondo supposed to be back?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by Kirk6

Dude you need to change avatars.  Sean and you are becoming senile.  Go with one of the younger 007's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by Kirk6

Too much alcohol
    www.funny-games.biz/pictures/1985-big-beer.html">

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Let the point guards run the offense : Sorry, Shaq is the key, not Rondo. In 3 of our five losses, Shaq either didn't play or fouled out. And we were winning today until Shaq fouled out.
    Posted by Kirk6

Dude you are looking more hillarious by the minute.  You need to take a break.

Sections
Shortcuts